Pepsi, Coke soda pricing targeted in new federal probe

my uncle was a diet soda addict, died of a heart attack at 60 just before Covid hit

Price discrimination most certainly goes on. My father was a district manager for a grocery chain. The Pepsi vendor showed him a purchase order from Roses that indicated they were getting a better price than his stores. A clear case of price discrimination. He wouldn't stand for it, told Pepsi that until they made it right, both refunding him the difference his stores paid and gave him the same price he would cut four feet per day from their shelf space in every one of his 16 stores.

Oh Pepsi squealed like a stuck pig. Bitched to the regional office which told Dad to stand down. He refused and before long, well the shelf space for Pepsi was down to almost nothing. Then corporate got involved and it was a different story. They backed Dad, and in the end, Pepsi ending up stroking a seven figure check to Dad's company.

my uncle was a diet soda addict, died of a heart attack at 60 just before Covid hit

It's not just Pepsi and Coke. Companies all over the country give volume bulk discounts on purchases of their products, screwing over small businesses who just can't compete with the Walmarts of the country. We should be strict in this so that small businesses can survive better, giving true competition to pricing, helping inflation stay lower. If Walmart pays "X" for Pepsi, Coke, or whatever, then John's grocery should pay the same price. Even at that John's grocery is still at a disadvantage. Again, it isn't just Pepsi and Coke, it is pretty much every wholesale product produced.

Forum List

Back