What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pennsylvania school district bans a whole slew.of children's books

DrLove

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Nearly all these books weren't the slightest bit controversial. I Am Rosa Parks? REALLY? Watch the Tuber at bottom, then you'll begin to understand what these fucking RW Nazis are about. So their excuse for "freezing them" was that they "had to be vetted". LoL - most of these books in question were 25 or 30 total pages each with a couple sentences in large print. An adult can read them in 5 or 10 minutes. :rolleyes-41:

Brad Meltzer, author of "I am Rosa Parks," is speaking out after his children’s book was placed on a banned list by the Central York School District in Pennsylvania. On "Fox & Friends," Meltzer called out the school board for becoming part of cancel culture.​
The ban, which impacts books that address race, social justice and history, was implemented in October 2020. According to the school district, the books were not "banned," but rather "frozen" until they can be vetted.​
The school board maintained its position to ban the specific list of resources despite protests from students and community members.​
The York Daily Record reported that one student group, Panther Anti-Racist Union, organized protests that lasted a full week in early September.​
The latest protest, which took place before a school board meeting, attracted about 100 parents, students and teachers.​

Definitely watch the Kilmeade interview. Even Brian gets it.

Author's 'I Am Rosa Parks' children's book banned by PA school district

Now, I'd like USMB "conservatives" to read along for a few pages and tell me what if any problem they see with this book. Thanks in advance!

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So, now you commie fucks care about banning books? Where were you when your woke ilk was banning shit left and right?

Fucking hypocrite.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We wouldn't want history books in schools for obvious reasons..........

OP
DrLove

DrLove

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So, now you commie fucks care about banning books? Where were you when your woke ilk was banning shit left and right?

Fucking hypocrite.

Interesting Boots - What did "me and my ilk" ban ... Dr Seuss? :lol:

DukeU

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The left can dish it out, but they sure can't take it. :rofl:

OP
DrLove

DrLove

Diamond Member
Reaction score
DrLove Huck Finn, To Kill A Mockinbird, Gone With The Wind, Animal Farm, 1984 to name a few.

Never read Gone with the Wind. All the others? Of course. Is there a problem?

Fort Fun Indiana

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Fucking hypocrite.
Rarely does a poster get everything so ass backwards wrong and miss, apparently, the single, simple point of a post as you have. You are rabid and stupid.

OP
DrLove

DrLove

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The left can dish it out, but they sure can't take it. :rofl:

Still waiting for an example of a book progs banned that pissed you guys off.

DukeU

Diamond Member
Reaction score

DukeU

Diamond Member
Reaction score
OP
DrLove

DrLove

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Mr Potato Head and Dr Seuss were your faux outrages - Not ours.

The Burbank Unified School District in Los Angeles recently barred To Kill A Mockingbird, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and others.

Ehhhh - This ^ makes absolutely no sense. Obviously the school board is very conservative.

initforme

Gold Member
Reaction score
Kids don't read books anymore anyway. They are texting every free second they get.

DukeU

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Mr Potato Head and Dr Seuss were your faux outrages - Not ours.

The Burbank Unified School District in Los Angeles recently barred To Kill A Mockingbird, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and others.

Ehhhh - This ^ makes absolutely no sense. Obviously the school board is very conservative.

^^^^^^^

:aargh:

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List