Pennsylvania school district bans a whole slew.of children's books

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Nearly all these books weren't the slightest bit controversial. I Am Rosa Parks? REALLY? Watch the Tuber at bottom, then you'll begin to understand what these fucking RW Nazis are about. So their excuse for "freezing them" was that they "had to be vetted". LoL - most of these books in question were 25 or 30 total pages each with a couple sentences in large print. An adult can read them in 5 or 10 minutes. :rolleyes-41:

Brad Meltzer, author of "I am Rosa Parks," is speaking out after his children’s book was placed on a banned list by the Central York School District in Pennsylvania. On "Fox & Friends," Meltzer called out the school board for becoming part of cancel culture.​
The ban, which impacts books that address race, social justice and history, was implemented in October 2020. According to the school district, the books were not "banned," but rather "frozen" until they can be vetted.​
The school board maintained its position to ban the specific list of resources despite protests from students and community members.​
The York Daily Record reported that one student group, Panther Anti-Racist Union, organized protests that lasted a full week in early September.​
The latest protest, which took place before a school board meeting, attracted about 100 parents, students and teachers.​

Definitely watch the Kilmeade interview. Even Brian gets it.

Author's 'I Am Rosa Parks' children's book banned by PA school district

Now, I'd like USMB "conservatives" to read along for a few pages and tell me what if any problem they see with this book. Thanks in advance!

We wouldn't want history books in schools for obvious reasons..........

Mr Potato Head and Dr Seuss were your faux outrages - Not ours.

The Burbank Unified School District in Los Angeles recently barred To Kill A Mockingbird, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and others.

Ehhhh - This ^ makes absolutely no sense. Obviously the school board is very conservative.

Mr Potato Head and Dr Seuss were your faux outrages - Not ours.

The Burbank Unified School District in Los Angeles recently barred To Kill A Mockingbird, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and others.

Ehhhh - This ^ makes absolutely no sense. Obviously the school board is very conservative.

^^^^^^^

:aargh:

New Topics

Forum List

Back