Pelosi Appoints 2nd GOP Critic Of trump To Jan. 6 Committee

Why would we want a person like Cheney who has outright said she has never voted for a democrat and with NEVER EVER vote for a democrat?
You keep raving about how she has a backbone and is willing to stand up to the GOP extablishment. Are you now admitting that you only care about having loyal hacks in your party?

I don't.

The Chief of the Capitol Police wanted more security BEFORE Jan 6 and was denied.
Ex-Capitol Police Chief Says Requests For National Guard Denied 6 Times In Riots

The Sergeant at Arms of the House answers directly to the Speaker of the House.

Pelosi definitely caused the denial of extra security. She wanted turmoil to occur. The bitch has blood on her hands.

Republicans on several committees sent Pelosi a letter asking why, among other things, former Capitol Police Chief Steve Sund had his January 4 request for National Guard assistance rejected by former Sergeant at Arms Paul Irving, according to Fox News.

Irving reportedly said he was concerned about “the optics” and didn’t feel the “intelligence supported it.”

“As you are aware, the Speaker of the House is not only the leader of the majority party, but also has enormous institutional responsibilities,” said the letter, written by House Administration Committee Ranking Member Rodney Davis, House Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Jim Jordan, House Oversight Committee Ranking Member James Comer and House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Devin Nunes.

“The Speaker is responsible for all operational decisions made within the House,” the letter says, adding that Pelosi, her staff and an army of appointed House officials had kept a “very heavy-handed and tightly controlled approach to House operations” over the past two years.

“When then-Chief Sund made a request for national guard support on January 4th, why was that request denied?” the group wrote. “Did Sergeant at Arms Paul Irving get permission or instruction from your staff on January 4th prior to denying Chief Sund’s request for the national guard?”

The letter adds that on the day of the Capitol riots, Sund moved to notify the Sergeant at Arms of his request for national guard assistance and said it “took over an hour for his request to be approved because the SAA had to run the request up the chain of command.” That chain “undoubtedly included” Pelosi and her “designees,” the Republicans say.

They blast Pelosi for her “partisan” decision to “unilaterally” fire Irving and demand Sund’s resignation.

There are videos showing exactly that.

That's your opinion. Videos prove otherwise.
What you've failed to do is show Pelosi telling Irving to do anything. Irving made the decision on his own. He did not ask Pelosi. Therefore, saying Pelosi directly did anything is a lie.

Furthermore, saying that they had inadequate security is completely different than saying they caused anything. Inadequate security doesn't mean that they caused anyone to punch, kick, mace and beat police.

The videos don't show anything of the sort. It's a lie you've been led to believe. There aren't "liberals" instigating the riot. It's hundreds of Trump supporters who decided to storm the capitol.

The videos show people breaking through windows. They show people beating cops. They show cops shoving people back through tunnels. Then, when they rioters have completely overwhelmed them, they show cops standing by so that they don't get the shit beat out of them more.

You've been told something which is a lie and you believed it.

Why do you want to know his name?

The woman is still dead.

The man who shot her will never be prosecuted.

So what's the point?

What will knowing his name do or how will it change the facts?

revenge. donny has mentioned her shooting a couple times & as much as they want, she's no martyr for the base.

She called for a committee but it is hardly bi-partisan

actually - pelosi wanted an INDEPENDANT COMMISSION ( like for 9/11) that would have been bipartisan & i believe no active congress critters. guess what? yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........ it was voted down. then there were extensive negotiations between the 2 (D) & (R) reps who came back with an agreement. 10 members, 5 (D) 5 (R)s & both sides' picks uncontested. with equal power to submit subpoenas & power to reject one. kevin et al turned it alllllllllllll down.

now it's too late. tutt tutt.

since she has final say on who is on this committee and blocks anyone who she does not control.

read what i just wrote.

again.

comprehend every word.

Also, this committee does not include the Senate as she has no authority with that body.

so? they can have their own select committee. or not.

Perhaps you should investigate the meaning of bi-partisan and the way these committees work since you apparently have no idea.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......................... try to keep up with what has been going on.

Cheney is toast and she knows it. She's got nothing to lose.

Looks like Kinzinger isn't interested in being re-elected either.

& they are still willing to defend the constitution & not donald trump.

this is a nation of laws & not a nation of men. or one 'man'.

they swore an oath & they are the only ones from your party, the party of trump, that are upholding it.

The oath used today has not changed since 1966 and is prescribed in Title 5, Section 3331 of the United States Code. It reads:

“I, ..., do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Pelosi fell for a trap by excluding Jordan and the other GOP congressman....it shows the world that this commission is 100% political....just another side show by Pelosi.....just like both impeachments.....

oh now i see.... you live in bizarro world.

rightwinger Wrong Bozo.

The Senate already has had two investigations and they did not turn out the way Pelosi wanted, so she call for another one with only her congress people on it. If she lacked the control as you claim, the republicans would have the ability to dismiss any of her appointees as she has theirs. Think about it, for once, is this how a bipartisan commission works? Or only in a democratic controlled and appointed farce as this is?

Despite your claimed screen name, you seem to be in the bag for the democrat terrorists.

Pelosi didn't appoint a Commission with only her people on it. She accepted two of McCarthy's other picks, but the two guys who helped Trump plan and carry out January 6th objections to the certification to the election, both of whom are material witnesses in this investigation, were not permitted to sit on the Committee. You don't invite the guy with the matches to an arson investigation.
Your statement in bold text is quite stupid.

The fact that the extra security was declined is well known by people that read and watch the news.

Trump supporters were ushered into the Capitol building by Capitol Police and coerced to break in at other points by FBI agents blending with the crowds. Violent behavior was incited by liberals wearing false flag garb.

"The fact that "extra security was declined is well known by people that read and watch the news."

I found this report, dated January 7th, but it didn't name the "two Pentagon officials" who made this allegation. These are just some of the questions which need answers. Who said this, and on what basis?

Other officials from BOTH parties enquired as to WHO turned down such requests. And why.

This is WHY a commission and an investigation is needed. Because police and FBI investigations will look at who committed what crimes, but not why it happened in the first place.

Forum List

Back