Pay your fair share is Leftist BS propaganda

Irrelevant. You’re trying to make some kind of squishy moral argument. Substitute Musk with some hedge fund manager who doesn’t do jack shit for society. Same point.
Did the hedge fund manager steal it? I am not following your logic. Because they are smarter than you and make more money they are villains now? Bob Kraft took a risk and a lot of debt to buy the Patriots and the stadium. He is now a billionaire. So we must punish him for that?

Did the hedge fund manager steal it? I am not following your logic. Because they are smarter than you and make more money they are villains now? Bob Kraft took a risk and a lot of debt to buy the Patriots and the stadium. He is now a billionaire. So we must punish him for that?
So much emotion in this post.

I never said they’re villains.
I never said people need to be punished.

What does theft have to do with anything?

You do not seem capable of logic right now since you can’t even correctly characterize my posts or follow them.

So much emotion in this post.

I never said they’re villains.
I never said people need to be punished.

What does theft have to do with anything?

You do not seem capable of logic right now since you can’t even correctly characterize my posts or follow them.
So my chart illustrates that the “wealthy” pay the vast majority of the taxes already. My point is that we have a spending problem vs a revenue problem and your answer is Elon Musk is too rich? Would you like to better explain yourself?

So my chart illustrates that the “wealthy” pay the vast majority of the taxes already. My point is that we have a spending problem vs a revenue problem and your answer is Elon Musk is too rich? Would you like to better explain yourself?
The chart indicates they pay the vast majority of income taxes.

Elon Musk pays almost no income taxes.

So let’s start by saying anyone wishing to demonstrate that the rich are paying their fair share while relying on charts that don’t encapsulate who actually pays what in taxes is not being intellectually honest.

To put another way, your chart is useless.

You mean like this?
No, I mean cleaning up the tax code so that they actually are paying something like the nominal rate. But Congress won't do that because the byzantine mess they've created is a tremendous source of power for them. When implementing, or removing, a given "tax incentive" can make or break a business - the lobbyists will be lined up around the block to kiss congressional ass. THAT is why Democrats won't do anything about it.

No, I mean cleaning up the tax code so that they actually are paying something like the nominal rate. But Congress won't do that because the byzantine mess they've created is a tremendous source of power for them. When implementing, or removing, a given "tax incentive" can make or break a business - the lobbyists will be lined up around the block to kiss congressional ass. THAT is why Democrats won't do anything about it.
No offense, seems like they are trying to do something but you just don’t like how they’re doing it.

No offense, seems like they are trying to do something but you just don’t like how they’re doing it.
Well, I don't like the "something" they're doing. The tax code is a mess and badly needs to be reformed, but they won't do it because the status quo serves their interests. So they're selling class warfare instead.

Well, I don't like the "something" they're doing. The tax code is a mess and badly needs to be reformed, but they won't do it because the status quo serves their interests. So they're selling class warfare instead.
Or because overhauling the tax code is a MASSIVE lift and bound to piss a ton of people off.

I agree with you on revising the tax code, needs to be done.

The chart indicates they pay the vast majority of income taxes.

Elon Musk pays almost no income taxes.

So let’s start by saying anyone wishing to demonstrate that the rich are paying their fair share while relying on charts that don’t encapsulate who actually pays what in taxes is not being intellectually honest.

To put another way, your chart is useless.
How is one person who was an outlier for one year encapsulating that?

^^^THIS^^^

How is one person who was an outlier for one year encapsulating that?
Well, yes. For starters, given we’ve reached historic levels of income inequality (like pre-French revolution levels), this example carriers more weight than one person.

But given your background, I’d also expect you know that this isn’t limited to one person.

Well, yes. For starters, given we’ve reached historic levels of income inequality (like pre-French revolution levels), this example carriers more weight than one person.

But given your background, I’d also expect you know that this isn’t limited to one person.
But you admit he didn’t steal the money. He, Bezos, Zuckerberg, Jerry Jones, etc. all took risks and earned their money. They made the US and the world better, have provided thousands of jobs and have paid billions in taxes. Why are you hell bent on taxing them more?

I'm not advocating for a tax change. But if the top 1 percent of swindlers have most of the wealth then they should be paying more.
Wealth is not a limited resource ffs. If they have more than you that's because you didn't do things similar to them.

I'm all for making corporations pay and ending all the carveouts they get but what GE doesn't pay is irrelevant to PEOPLES taxes.

But you admit he didn’t steal the money. He, Bezos, Zuckerberg, Jerry Jones, etc. all took risks and earned their money. They made the US and the world better, have provided thousands of jobs and have paid billions in taxes. Why are you hell bent on taxing them more?
What does stealing have to do with anything?

This is just more emotional responses without logic.

What does stealing have to do with anything?

This is just more emotional responses without logic.
My question is why are you so hell bent on taxing them more when they are following the laws now and exhibit shows that the wealthy already pay the vast majority of all taxes?

My question is why are you so hell bent on taxing them more when they are following the laws now and exhibit shows that the wealthy already pay the vast majority of all taxes?
You won’t even have a concrete discussion about what they (speaking of the wealthiest individuals such as Musk) pay, so how can you take a stand at saying they shouldn’t pay more?

That only makes sense from an emotional standpoint, not a logic a one.

Cut spending, and I‘d be all for Congress voting out deductions and tax credits and other ways to reduce a tax load. Then we can raise taxes all across the board at 20% for everyone.

Start with the military. Cut your spending in half. If you're not going to be starting wars all over the planet, you don't need to spend 10 times more than everybody else.

You won’t even have a concrete discussion about what they (speaking of the wealthiest individuals such as Musk) pay, so how can you take a stand at saying they shouldn’t pay more?

That only makes sense from an emotional standpoint, not a logic a one.
But why are you concentrating on the top 1000 people vs all the millions of taxpayers who already pay about 50% all in?

Forum List

Back