Pay your fair share is Leftist BS propaganda

Taxing unrealized gains is a bad idea. Its income not actually received. Why not just use the tried and true method, tax it when you take it out, or draw dividends? It's being taxed either way, right?

Dems think this will only apply to the wealthy, but when you open that door, it won't be long til they start lowering that income threshold, saying "well, taxing rich people isn't going to be enough, we need to start taxing people's 401k accounts to pay for everything".

For unrealized gains, what happens on years where you may lose money, is the government going to give you money back?

God I suppose. It sure as hell ain’t Dems! Hell they can’t even get anything done through reconciliation!
When the agreed upon purpose of government is "free shit", all that's left is divvying up the spoils. But that can be a significant source of disagreement.

My parents came from a country where you had to stand for hours to buy oranges and cheese. They have been all over the world and say America is the greatest country and it’s not even close. I take their word over some butthurt leftist.
At least they got in right? So be thankful, millions of others cannot.

So when will you support a minimum tax for Bezos, Musk and Buffett who currently pay around 1% or slightly more while small businesses pay up to 35?

why would anyone support singling out any American to be treated differently under the law?

At least they got in right? So be thankful, millions of others cannot.
They came here legally. They came here without asking for anything. They were sponsored by a Jewish organization. They have paid it back 10x. Not the same as illegals sneaking in.

Could we all agree that something is wrong, The poor and homeless population grows, The debt grows, the government is run by millionaires, supported by multi millionaires/ billionaires who keep getting richer, no matter who is in office. The costs out paces average working Americans ability to stay even much less get ahead,

Truth. Again if you say that’s BS, Obama was in office for eight years and did not do anything about it. Biden isn’t either. Why are you blaming the GOP for all the ills?

I blame EVERYONE. Clean house and establish term limits. Anything over 4-6 years and they become corrupt and comfortably numb.

Manchin supports the 15% minimum tax where no matter how clever your accountant is, you still have to pay 15% tax.

I'm for that, but I'd like for it be a progressive tax too.

5% minimum if you make under $100k

10% minimum if you make under $400K

15% minimum if you make under a million

25% if you make over a million per year

I'm saying paying more than the rest of the peasants and serfs. They have next to nothing comparatively so of course they can't pay as much as the aristocracy and swindlers.

According to the charts they do pay more. So how about a number, or is $5.00 more good enough for you?

Manchin supports the 15% minimum tax where no matter how clever your accountant is, you still have to pay 15% tax.

A flat tax would definitely simplify things right? No mas on deductions, loopholes and spending berzillions on a CPA.

DrLove approved, but it will never get anywhere in my lifetime. Hope I’m wrong, that would save me a butt-ton of time & money!

Why a progressive tax? Why not a flat tax? If you want people to pay their "fair share", then fair is if everyone pays the same rate. When you start increasing the rate because people make more, then it is no longer fair.

Why not just a flat rate, get rid of all the loopholes and stuff. Just make it the same for everyone.

A flat tax would definitely simplify things right? No mas on deductions, loopholes and spending berzillions on a CPA.

DrLove approved, but it will never get anywhere in my lifetime. Hope I’m wrong, that would save me a butt-ton of time & money!
Oh...my....goodness..we just agreed on something....everyone take cover...something disastrous is about to happen!.....

They came here legally. They came here without asking for anything. They were sponsored by a Jewish organization. They have paid it back 10x. Not the same as illegals sneaking in.

I get that and God Bless them. But that would have been what .. 50 years ago at least?
Not the same now my friend.

Forum List

Back