Pathetic Obama Claims Credit For Trump Economic Boom

That’s not a fact at all. The way the statistics for unemployment are calculated haven’t changed.

Straw man. I never said the calculations had changed. I said the Obama administration ignored and lied about a key factor in those calculations.
Liar, you said Obama "cooked the books on unemployment." He didn't. Unemployed were counted the same was as before Obama and they're counted the same way now.

If you and your butt-buddy Colfax think I'm going to repeat myself just because you want to parrot each other, you're dumber than I think you are.
That's ok, you're initial post was thoroughly debunked anyway. The Obama administration did not count the unemployed any different than others, as you ridiculously claimed; nor did they cook any books, as you hallucinated.

That's okay, my initial post still stands, because you and your girlfriend Colfax were too busy trying to deflect onto "oooh, I don't agree with how she used this phrase" so that you wouldn't have to respond to whether or not Obama lied.

So thank you for your agreement that he DID lie about the unemployment rate, and that you think it's perfectly fine.

You and Colfax may now retire to a private room to finish off your sloppy handjob of each other.
There was no lie from Obama about the unemployment rate. You seem upset.

LMAO like your side cares about deficits and debt, Obama racked up $10 trillion in 8 years fool. You people have zero credibility.

Obama ran deficits when the economy was cratering. Trump is running deficits in “the best economy ever”. Do you see a difference there?

Obama and Dems cratered the economy in the first place, while locking in government spending and deficits creating a mess Trump now has to deal with.

So we have the best economy we’ve ever had and Trump can’t seem to get the deficits below a trillion even though Obama got it to half that in a “dismal” economy?

What happened to the 4% GDP growth we were promised?

By all means call Nancy Pelosi and the House Dem's who control spending. Yeah, you just shit yourself.

Whose cut taxes in 2018 that resulted in this huge deficit? I thought those were going to pay for themselves, not double the deficit, like we told you.
Revenue use went up after the tax cuts, moron.

That’s not a fact at all. The way the statistics for unemployment are calculated haven’t changed.

Straw man. I never said the calculations had changed. I said the Obama administration ignored and lied about a key factor in those calculations.
Liar, you said Obama "cooked the books on unemployment." He didn't. Unemployed were counted the same was as before Obama and they're counted the same way now.

If you and your butt-buddy Colfax think I'm going to repeat myself just because you want to parrot each other, you're dumber than I think you are.
That's ok, you're initial post was thoroughly debunked anyway. The Obama administration did not count the unemployed any different than others, as you ridiculously claimed; nor did they cook any books, as you hallucinated.

That's okay, my initial post still stands, because you and your girlfriend Colfax were too busy trying to deflect onto "oooh, I don't agree with how she used this phrase" so that you wouldn't have to respond to whether or not Obama lied.

So thank you for your agreement that he DID lie about the unemployment rate, and that you think it's perfectly fine.

You and Colfax may now retire to a private room to finish off your sloppy handjob of each other.
LOL

You poor thing. Bless your heart. The Obama administration still didn't cook the books on unemployment and still didn't ignore them in any statistics.

Watch this.... prove your bullshit...

obooboo.png

Thank [emoji519] you President Obama for given Trump this "beautiful" economy. It couldn't have been accomplished without your expertise and experience.

Bottom line, the vast majority of Americans prefer the Trump economy and tax cuts over the Obama economy and tax increases.
Says you.

No says Americans you fool.
I suppose that passes for proper grammar among you cons.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Regardless, I see you saying what you claimed a vast majority of Americans prefer that; but I don't see a vast majority of Americans agreeing with you.

Its obvious, the American people did not support impeaching Trump. Tissue?

Bottom line, the vast majority of Americans prefer the Trump economy and tax cuts over the Obama economy and tax increases.
Says you.

icon_rolleyes.gif
Regardless, I see you saying what you claimed a vast majority of Americans prefer that; but I don't see a vast majority of Americans agreeing with you.

One has nothing to do with the other. Thanks for conceding your idiocy.

Says you.

icon_rolleyes.gif

You mad bro? Was it the article in todays news that said Trump's performance dominates Obama's in nearly every category?

You said they “cooked the books” which is defined as: “alter facts or figures dishonestly or illegally.”

No facts were altered dishonestly or illegally. All facts were explained exactly the way they always have been.

Nice attempt at word-parsing, but since I spelled out exactly what I was accusing the Obama administration of, all you've accomplished is to show that you didn't read the post. You just looked for something to object to.

Sorry, but you don’t get to throw around phrases like “cook the books” without being responsible for their meaning. Words have meaning.

Sorry, but you don't get to obsess over a narrow definition of one phrase to avoid responding to the main point. Words DO have meaning, and yours mean that you're a dishonest coward.

Oh, you’re scary. You don’t get to redefine words to fit your meaning. Nothing changed under Obama. They used the exact same statistics every other administration did. The grounds for your criticism is baseless and your sloppy use of language is misleading at best, a lie at worst.

You don't get to nitpick to avoid dealing with topics.

Obama lied about the statistics.

The grounds for your criticism is a straw man and your narrow interpretation of language is not as misleading as you'd like to think it is.

During the Obama administration, a major reason the unemployment rate declined was that fewer people were in the labor force because what the BLS calls the labor participation rate continually declined as people gave up the search for a job or retired. For purposes of the official unemployment rate, if you have not looked for a job in the past 30 days, the BLS considers you out of the labor force.

Under President Obama, labor participation hit lows last seen in the late 1970s. So rather than a true reflection of labor market strength, the declining unemployment rate was, in great part, a reflection of the declining percentage of people actively looking for work. What we really want to see is a declining unemployment rate with a higher percentage of people working or actively looking for work, indicating a strong and growing economy.

Labor market is thriving far better under Trump than under Obama

So when Obama went around bragging about his low unemployment rates as proof that he was doing a great job, he was lying. Just like I said. No amount of grammar Nazi-ing about "Well, you used this phrase, and I think it should only refer to THIS!" is going to change that.

Whenever you sack up and feel manly enough to address my point, you let me know.

There was nothing but lies, which you're continuing. And you mistake contempt for "upset".

LOL

You poor thing. Bless your heart. The Obama administration still didn't cook the books on unemployment and still didn't ignore them in any statistics.

"LOL"

You poor thing. The Obama administration still lied about unemployment, I already proved it to your girlfriend, Colfax. And all your Tweedledee and Tweedledum act has accomplished is to prove that the two of you combined still aren't man enough to take me on.

There was nothing but lies, which you're continuing. And you mistake contempt for "upset".

Sure buddy. You said they’re lies so they’re lies. Everyone believes it because you said so.

LOL

"LOL"

You poor thing. The Obama administration still lied about unemployment, I already proved it to your girlfriend, Colfax. And all your Tweedledee and Tweedledum act has accomplished is to prove that the two of you combined still aren't man enough to take me on.
Yeah. You “proved it”. You know saying something isn’t the same as proving it.

Says you.

icon_rolleyes.gif

You mad bro? Was it the article in todays news that said Trump's performance dominates Obama's in nearly every category?
LOL

No, not at all. Just pointing out how delirious you are. And by Impeached Trump dominating Obama in nearly every category, you mean things like the unemployment rate which dropped 3.1 points under Obama but only 1.1 point under Impeached Trump?

icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL

No, not at all. Just pointing out how delirious you are. And by Impeached Trump dominating Obama in nearly every category, you mean things like the unemployment rate which dropped 3.1 points under Obama but only 1.1 point under Impeached Trump?

Dude try some comfort food or go on a bender to medicate your TDS okay.

LOL

"LOL"

LOL

You're truly fucked in the head, con. :cuckoo:

No, you didn't prove your idiotic bullshit that the Obama administration cooked the books on unemployment nor did you prove your moronic nonsense that they ignored millions who dropped out of the work force. None of that changed under Obama.

And your link went to a worthless opinion piece which didn't even corroborate the lunacy above that you insanely claimed. All it did was complain during a month where CES data was poor, to claim that CPS data is more reliable, which isn't true anyway because CPS is affected by changes in population controls which is why CES data is the figure advertised every month.

Try failing less.

icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL

LOL

Your inability to address what I said is noted, laughed at, and summarily discarded.

LOL

LOL

Your inability to address what I said is noted, laughed at, and summarily discarded.

Since what you said is complete BS you are either trolling, or stupid. Either way you are boring the hell out of me. (Yawwwwwwnnnnnn)

LOL

LOL

Since what you said is complete BS you are either trolling, or stupid. Either way you are boring the hell out of me. (Yawwwwwwnnnnnn)

Both.

Sure buddy. You said they’re lies so they’re lies. Everyone believes it because you said so.

No, dumbass. Unlike you, I don't just assert my opinions as fact and expect people to accept them. The job participation rate under Obama is a matter of public record with the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This was reported on at the time, and it's still being reported on now, which is also a matter of public record. So you're going to need more than personal attacks to dispute the verifiable facts.

Since I know you won't ever bother to research anything that might challenge the worldview you desperately want to wish into being, I did your thinking for you . . . again. You're welcome.

Labor market is thriving far better under Trump than under Obama

During the Obama administration, a major reason the unemployment rate declined was that fewer people were in the labor force because what the BLS calls the labor participation rate continually declined as people gave up the search for a job or retired. For purposes of the official unemployment rate, if you have not looked for a job in the past 30 days, the BLS considers you out of the labor force.

Under President Obama, labor participation hit lows last seen in the late 1970s. So rather than a true reflection of labor market strength, the declining unemployment rate was, in great part, a reflection of the declining percentage of people actively looking for work. What we really want to see is a declining unemployment rate with a higher percentage of people working or actively looking for work, indicating a strong and growing economy.

How Good Is Job Growth? The Chart Obama Doesn't Want You To See | Investor's Business Daily

While 14.4 million jobs were created from February 2010 to March 2016, the number of people who dropped out of the labor force -- either because they retired or just quit looking for work -- shot up an astonishing 10 million.

Meanwhile, the number of people who aren't in the labor force but do want to work is higher today than when Obama took office. And the median length of unemployment is now 11.4 weeks, which is also higher than when Obama took office.

Obama's Final Economic Numbers Are In - And They're Devastating!

Now, Obama will say that December’s U-3 unemployment was only 4.7 percent (that’s up from 4.6 percent in November) but the “real” unemployment rate (U-6) is 9.2 percent. According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, U-3 is the total unemployed as a percent of the civilian labor force, while the U-6 is the total unemployed, plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force, plus total employed part-time for economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force. The U-6 gives us a much better picture of joblessness.

Another good measure of true unemployment is underemployment, which adds the amount of “unemployed workers, who are looking for work, to the amount of workers employed part time but seeking full-time work.” Gallup calculates that the underemployment rate was 13.7 percent in December 2016.

If you want to rewrite history, you're going to have to try it with someone who has a leftist's 5-minute memory, not someone who can clearly recall the Obama administration.

Forum List

Back