Pat Benatar on tour

My favorite song of pats has always been hit me with your best shot,when you hear the name pat benatar that’s the song most people associate her with kinda like when you hear Joan Jett and the black hearts the song thst pops into everybody’s minds is I love rock and roll,thsts the only song of hers thst ever received a lot of airplay over the years,well after listening to her twenty greatest hits recently,I totally change my mind,I put Invincible first now as my favorite song,I hadnt heard that one fir ages and it never received near the amount of airplay on the radio thst hit me with your best shot did.i fir sure put it first before thst one,it’s more faster and really makes you want to get up and dance,more fast beat drum and great guitar action as well,the drummer and guitar guy really rock in this song. :thup: :yes_text12:

Hey miketx Likkmee JoeMoma deannalw sparky take a look at how much pat has changed sense her glory days. she is still not bad looking for someone who will be 70 next year,her husband though he for sure looks like a grampa. Grampa has not lost his touch yet though,gramps can still play a mean guitar as seen in the second video.:biggrin: you can tell for sure her voice is not the same anymore as it used to be,that cant be debated. she doesnt have the energy either,she just stays in one place,the first video shows her moving around the stage.

Last edited:
I liked Pat's music from the late 70's to mid to late 80's. I haven't heard any of her music since then. If she were to play close to where I live (within 20 miles) I'd pay to see her.
you would just need to be reminded that you were seeing grandma and grampa on stage is all this time,you would still enjoy it that grampa still plays a mean guitar bluzman61 .:auiqs.jpg:

Hey bluzman61 didn’t you think it was funny in that second video how grampa smiled when he played the guitar,it was like he was telling the crowd,see I still got it. :auiqs.jpg: :rofl:

Pat doesn't want to sing "Hit me with your best shot" in this concert tour because of all the mass shootings.

I never equated the "best shot" from the song to be from a gun. I thought of it more like taking a punch, the other person's best shot, and then still being able to kick his ass.

I never equated the "best shot" from the song to be from a gun. I thought of it more like taking a punch, the other person's best shot, and then still being able to kick his ass.

exactly,thats a copout on her part.,makes no sense at all. I as well always thought of it as some school yard bully picking on someone in class and he finally has enough of it and basically says punch me as hard as you can,give me your best,it wont be good enough,I am tired of your shit and i will beat the crap out of you.I always equated it on a positive note.

its not that big a deal though sense she has lost her voice and looks and its just one song even though it is her most famous.as i said earlier,wen you hear pat benatar you automatically think HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT. you got to think long and hard of what her other songs are.

just like joan jett,when you hear her name you think of the song I LOVE ROCKAND ROLL,the other songs of hers,i dont have a clue what they are.pretty much the same with pat.

Anybody going to go see her? She is in my area so I am one of the lucky dogs how bout you? This is almost as exciting as Duran Duran being on tour in the states,duran duran is one of my top five favorite groups so even though I live in the land of oz,dorthyland,I am going out to Arizona where I have relatives to see them sense this may be a once in a lifetime opportunity,

I would not do that with pat benatar sense I am only familiar with a handful of her songs but she is just right down the road for me though so i am so much there.yahoo!!!!!!!!! .

I am kinda just as excited about benatar as I am Duran Duran cause Benatar is a lot better looking.lol may not have as good a quality of songs as Duran but definitely better looking.lol she isn’t drop dead gorgeous anymore as she used to be but still pretty,still good looking for her age.

So again,anybody else going to be as lucky to see her as I am?
Have fun.
I'm sure she'll put on a good show.... maybe not as great as when I saw her in the late seventies but I'll go check her out now again.

1658725978314.png

Yeah JoeMoma she is obviously being put on pressure by either some wacky political group because she is lying,I think it’s safe to say there is not one single person on the planet thst ever linked thst song to shooting.she proves she is lying because the lyrics prove that,the words say knock me down let’s get down to it,put up your dukes let’s see how we do it. I don’t think she is talking about guns when saying put up your dukes.:uhoh3: Then knock me down see whst I care,I’ll get up on me feet again. :uhoh3:

She also proves she is lying cause if you watch the first video when she says hit me with your best shot,she is tapping her chin.and when she says put up your dukes,she is making a fist.she ain’t pointing a gun.:uhoh3: What a cop out explanation.

Last edited:
Have fun.
I'm sure she'll put on a good show.... maybe not as great as when I saw her in the late seventies but I'll go check her out now again.
Oh man I envy you thst you got to her in her prime when she was hot.I’m only seeing her cause I have never seen her before,if I were in your shoes I wouldn’t see her again,just watch the first video and then the second,you can tell her voice has totally changed and does not have the energy anymore,she just stands in one place where she used to move around a lot as evidenced in the first video.her husband sure looks like a grampa,grams can sure still play a mean guitar though.:abgg2q.jpg:
I wouldn’t see her again if I were in your shoes.
Just remember her the way you remember her in the seventys is best,I saw billy Joel in the 80’s and then again ten years ago or so,wish I hadn’t,I wanted to remember him as the young energetic guy with hair on his head,not the bald old man he is.take it from someone who regrets it.

Last edited:
Oh man I envy you thst you got to her in her prime when she was hot.I’m only seeing her cause I have never seen her before,if I were in your shoes I wouldn’t see her again,just watch the first video and then the second,you can tell her voice has totally changed and does not have the energy anymore,she just stands in one place where she used to move around a lot as evidenced in the first video.her husband sure looks like a grampa,grams can sure still play a mean guitar though.:abgg2q.jpg:
I wouldn’t see her again if I were in your shoes.
Just remember her the way you remember her in the seventys is best,I saw billy Joel in the 80’s and then again ten years ago or so,wish I hadn’t,I wanted to remember him as the young energetic guy with hair on his head,not the bald old man he is.take it from someone who regrets it.
She and her band were great..... and I wish I could remember who they opened for but I think it was the Doobie Brothers.

Speaking of Pop musicians have you seen the new Whitesnake bass player Tanya O'Callaghan ?
IMG_7191-690x686.jpeg
IMG_7208-690x898.jpeg

Yeah JoeMoma she is obviously being put on pressure by either some wacky political group because she is lying,I think it’s safe to say there is not one single person on the planet thst ever linked thst song to shooting.she proves she is lying because the lyrics prove that,the words say knock me down let’s get down to it,put up your dukes let’s see how we do it. I don’t think she is talking about guns when saying put up your dukes.:uhoh3: Then knock me down see whst I care,I’ll get up on me feet again. :uhoh3:

She also proves she is lying cause if you watch the first video when she says hit me with your best shot,she is tapping her chin.and when she says put up your dukes,she is making a fist.she ain’t pointing a gun.:uhoh3: What a cop out explanation.
Her song, her choice.

She's a buffoon.

No one could possibly think she's referring to guns in that song. Unless they're a complete fucking idiot.

Like Pat...
Not the point. She doesn't want to sing it so she isn't. Her choice. Not yours. Don't like it? Don't go.

Forum List

Back