Parenting Transgender Youth

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son is a social activist. He goes to youth conferences, he speaks to senators. He starts an LGBT+ group at our local, rural high school. He is an amazing person. I feel so blessed to know him and love him

You confuse gender with sexuality, sassy. They are two separate issues.

Children that age are clueless about either, they are innocent children and fruit loop parents somehow get the idea little Johnny is really little Jillian. It's child abuse
I know you raised 6 children and I respect that. I don't respect you writing off all supportive parents as "fruit loops".

This is a measured, slow process that has been going on for nearly three years. It is not a petty or light decision.

I will be courageous for my son, no matter what the cost. I have big shoulders and I can take it.

People may judge me harshly, hate my guts, think I'm a child abuse, but when all is said and done. I am raising children into adults who love themselves and are empowered to be good citizens.

That's all I have to say. I've lost 2 friends today because they expect to choose them over my son. I won't.

Children that age are clueless about either, they are innocent children and fruit loop parents somehow get the idea little Johnny is really little Jillian. It's child abuse
I know you raised 6 children and I respect that. I don't respect you writing off all supportive parents as "fruit loops".

This is a measured, slow process that has been going on for nearly three years. It is not a petty or light decision.

I will be courageous for my son, no matter what the cost. I have big shoulders and I can take it.

People may judge me harshly, hate my guts, think I'm a child abuse, but when all is said and done. I am raising children into adults who love themselves and are empowered to be good citizens.

It makes little difference to me what you respect and what you don't. I also don't care your child is some social warrior or whatever...my comments were about the very young children supposedly being transgender, they are not, someone has put this garbage in their heads and it's abuse. Nothing more and nothing less

great, kids being trained too preach to the rest of us/social activist. just who I want running my life

It makes little difference to me what you respect and what you don't. I also don't care your child is some social warrior or whatever...my comments were about the very young children supposedly being transgender, they are not, someone has put this garbage in their heads and it's abuse. Nothing more and nothing less
Very young children, IMO, need more time.

I was attempting to have a civil conversation with you about this issue. If you don't care what I think then we have nothing more to say to each other.

I was attempting to have a civil conversation with you about this issue. If you don't care what I think then we have nothing more to say to each other.

I am being civil, your problem is I refuse to condone or agree with you, time and time again you get defensive and whine when it happens. I don't care if your child is transgender, you say he is 17 and waiting until 18 to whatever they do, what I do care about is innocent young children being subjected to this nonsense, a child that age is not capable of dealing with such complex issues and they shouldn't be introduced to them...and yes that is EXACTLY what is taking place

I talked to my son about the heat I'm taking here for allowing him to take hormones. I told him that some people think parents who let kids take hormones are child abusers. My son said the opposite is true. Parents who refuse to support their kids are abusive.

If you're looking to discuss this here, I would question that more than anything.

I certainly did not introduce my son to being transgender. He came up with that on his own.

I am being civil, your problem is I refuse to condone or agree with you, time and time again you get defensive and whine when it happens. I don't care if your child is transgender, you say he is 17 and waiting until 18 to whatever they do, what I do care about is innocent young children being subjected to this nonsense, a child that age is not capable of dealing with such complex issues and they shouldn't be introduced to them...and yes that is EXACTLY what is taking place

"
I am being civil, your problem is I refuse to condone or agree with you, time and time again you get defensive and whine when it happens.

Looking forward to the day you begin to walk that talk. Asking for your thoughts was the only mistake here.

I talked to my son about the heat I'm taking here for allowing him to take hormones. I told him that some people think parents who let kids take hormones are child abusers. My son said the opposite is true. Parents who refuse to support their kids are abusive.

If you're looking to discuss this here, I would question that more than anything.
I wouldn't. It's in the news, it's in my life, I can either be silent or speak up.

Studies have been done on transgendered youth. It turns out that the vast majority of these kids stop feeling confused about their sexual identity without treatment. This seems a good argument for letting the kid grow into adulthood before pumping in hormones.
Transgender Surgery Isn't the Solution

I saw an item the other day about transgender suicide rates. They are far higher than the average population suicide rates. Most troubling, is that the suicide rate remains high for transgendered people after surgery. If I can find that link I'll post it.

I wouldn't. It's in the news, it's in my life, I can either be silent or speak up.

Speak up, but don't ask twits here for their opinion. Just saying that would be my own approach, you'll find your own. Both you and your child should be true to yourselves and everyone else can go fuck off.

Parenting is a tough enough job, even when your kids aren't transgender. All parents want their kids to grow up whole, healthy and happy adults and good citizens.

My wife has more courage than I do. I'm the more conservative parent in the family. In fact, my kid started on hormones and then my wife told me about it.

25 years ago, the first transgender person I met, I recoiled from. It was just too strange for me. I had to really work hard to overcome my prejudice, and that's even with me being a lesbian and daugther of a gay man.

This is a journey. Not one I'd necessarily recommend to anyone but when you don't have a choice, you just to agonize over decisions and pray for the best.

Studies have been done on transgendered youth. It turns out that the vast majority of these kids stop feeling confused about their sexual identity without treatment. This seems a good argument for letting the kid grow into adulthood before pumping in hormones.

I saw an item the other day about transgender suicide rates. They are far higher than the average population suicide rates. Most troubling, is that the suicide rate remains high for transgendered people after surgery. If I can find that link I'll post it.

If we're going to base this upon suicide I'd like to get a word in for US vets who are commiting suicide at a rate of 22 per day. No one seems to notice. Should we treat people so they won't join the military?

Speak up, but don't ask twits here for their opinion. Just saying that would be my own approach, you'll find your own. Both you and your child should be true to yourselves and everyone else can go fuck off.
I've told a few people here to fuck off today.

If we're going to base this upon suicide I'd like to get a word in for US vets who are commiting suicide at a rate of 22 per day. No one seems to notice. Should we treat people so they won't join the military?
It is true that military people commit suicide at higher rates than the average. The topic right now though, is transgendered people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back