Palin Speaks Out On Afghanistan

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
This time giving warning regarding the situation in Afghanistan - reminding Obama of his campaign promises and that it is time he act as the Commander-In-Chief.

____

For two years as a candidate, Senator Obama called for more resources for the war in Afghanistan and warned about the consequences of failure. As President, he announced a comprehensive new counterinsurgency strategy and handpicked the right general to execute it. Now General McChrystal is asking for additional troops to implement the strategy announced by President Obama in March. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, sisters and brothers in harm's way in Afghanistan right now. We owe it to all those brave Americans serving in uniform to give them the tools they need to complete their mission.

We can win in Afghanistan by helping the Afghans build a stable representative state able to defend itself. And we must do what it takes to prevail. The stakes are very high. The 9/11 attacks were planned in Afghanistan, and if we are not successful there, al Qaeda will once again find a safe haven, the Taliban will impose its cruelty on the Afghan people, and Pakistan will be less stable.

Our allies and our adversaries are watching to see if we have the staying power to protect our interests in Afghanistan. I recently joined a group of Americans in urging President Obama to devote the resources necessary in Afghanistan and pledged to support him if he made the right decision. Now is not the time for cold feet, second thoughts, or indecision -- it is the time to act as commander-in-chief and approve the troops so clearly needed in Afghanistan.

- Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin: We Must Win in Afghanistan | Facebook

Just a quick question about Mrs. Palin. Does she post her thoughts about Afghanistan elsewhere beside Facebook?

Just a quick question about Mrs. Palin. Does she post her thoughts about Afghanistan elsewhere beside Facebook?

And if she is supposedly a nobody, why are we suppose to give a fuck about her? Don't worry about Sparky, he has head so far up Palin's ass that he can see Russia from it. :eusa_whistle:

His other hobby happens to be cutting the head out of Todd when he is in pictures with Sarah and putting his own head instead.

Sarah can't find Anchorage on the map, much less Afghanistan. Why are we paying any attention to her?

Obama is in a really bad spot regarding Afghanistan. He promised during the campaign that he would "do what is necessary" to win in Afghanistan. Now, his General on the ground is requesting more troops. If he does, the anti-war leftist will go ballistic. If Obama refuses he will lose even more political capitol with the moderates and provide his 2012 opponent plenty of fodder. I think he needs to keep his word. Sarah is right.

Sarah doesn't have a clue ever. However, Obama does need to do the right thing for America. If he believes we can destroy the Taliban, he has to commit the resources. If he believes he can't, then he brings the troops home, goes on national TV, blames Bush for pulling resources out in 2002 and 2003, and blames the neo-cons for every sublunary crime on the planet for the last fifteen years. Want to bet he would get away with it?

Sarah doesn't have a clue ever. However, Obama does need to do the right thing for America. If he believes we can destroy the Taliban, he has to commit the resources. If he believes he can't, then he brings the troops home, goes on national TV, blames Bush for pulling resources out in 2002 and 2003, and blames the neo-cons for every sublunary crime on the planet for the last fifteen years. Want to bet he would get away with it?
So says Jake, King of the Unsubstantiated Statement.

Palin makes a good point. Obama set a policy and put his own general in charge. Now his administration is tearing him apart like an enemy.
If you didn't want an answer, why did you ask the question??

Palin makes a good point. Obama set a policy and put his own general in charge. Now his administration is tearing him apart like an enemy.
If you didn't want an answer, why did you ask the question??[/
QUOTE]

Bravo.

:clap2:

If you didn't want an answer, why did you ask the question??

Rab on the Run projects his inadequacy on me once again and once again it bounces off harmlessly. Sarah has trouble using the point of a pencil much less making a point. You lie when you say McCrystal is being torn apart. Nothing to that at all. Answer the questions, Rab. I think BHO will do exactly that walk right over you yet again.

I for one am glad he's taking his time deliberating this. I do think however he needs to visit Afghanistan and take a good, hard look around for himself. Rally the troops too, while he's there. And leave the apologies out of it.

Myself? I would dump some of the billions we're spending there and in Iraq into more predator drones, 5000 or so of them, for this theater. We could kick their asses from consoles in Denver, just keep killing them and killing them nonstop, 24/7/365 without risking our troops.

We need to be thinking about bang for the buck here, reduce the cost per head of these goons killed. Look at it like a business. Leave drone support troops and security for them there at our airfields, get most everyone else out. Use special forces here and there, but mostly just kill, cheaply.

Because truly, these Jihadists aren't worth alot of our money per head, and they're damn sure not worth any of our lives.

I for one am glad he's taking his time deliberating this. I do think however he needs to visit Afghanistan and take a good, hard look around for himself. Rally the troops too, while he's there. And leave the apologies out of it.

Myself? I would dump some of the billions we're spending there and in Iraq into more predator drones, 5000 or so of them, for this theater. We could kick their asses from consoles in Denver, just keep killing them and killing them nonstop, 24/7/365 without risking our troops.

We need to be thinking about bang for the buck here, reduce the cost per head of these goons killed. Look at it like a business. Leave drone support troops and security for them there at our airfields, get most everyone else out. Use special forces here and there, but mostly just kill, cheaply.

Because truly, these Jihadists aren't worth alot of our money per head, and they're damn sure not worth any of our lives.[/QUOTE
___

He is taking too long - looking weak, uncertain, and demoralizing the troops.

Pull em out and drone 'em to death - fine. Go for it.

Or give the general the numbers he says is needed to get the job done.

Either way -make a damn decision....

I don't think he looks necessarily weak on this. At least he's not making a snap decision he might regret later.

Let's get this one thing right. Even if it takes more time to decide than some would like.

I don't think he looks necessarily weak on this. At least he's not making a snap decision he might regret later.

Let's get this one thing right. Even if it takes more time to decide than some would like.

He's had over 9 months to consider this issue. It isn't like it just came up. If this is the first time he's considering it then we elected the wrong guy.
WHich we did, but we all knew that anyway.
He looks like he is voting "present" on this one, waiting for something to happen so the decision is clear.
It wont be. He is torn between his previous promiess and rhetoric and the left wing that put him in office which is tired of war.

This time giving warning regarding the situation in Afghanistan - reminding Obama of his campaign promises and that it is time he act as the Commander-In-Chief.

____

For two years as a candidate, Senator Obama called for more resources for the war in Afghanistan and warned about the consequences of failure. As President, he announced a comprehensive new counterinsurgency strategy and handpicked the right general to execute it. Now General McChrystal is asking for additional troops to implement the strategy announced by President Obama in March. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, sisters and brothers in harm's way in Afghanistan right now. We owe it to all those brave Americans serving in uniform to give them the tools they need to complete their mission.

We can win in Afghanistan by helping the Afghans build a stable representative state able to defend itself. And we must do what it takes to prevail. The stakes are very high. The 9/11 attacks were planned in Afghanistan, and if we are not successful there, al Qaeda will once again find a safe haven, the Taliban will impose its cruelty on the Afghan people, and Pakistan will be less stable.

Our allies and our adversaries are watching to see if we have the staying power to protect our interests in Afghanistan. I recently joined a group of Americans in urging President Obama to devote the resources necessary in Afghanistan and pledged to support him if he made the right decision. Now is not the time for cold feet, second thoughts, or indecision -- it is the time to act as commander-in-chief and approve the troops so clearly needed in Afghanistan.

- Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin: We Must Win in Afghanistan | Facebook

Not a doubt in my mind she'd make an excellent CinC

He's had over 9 months to consider this issue. It isn't like it just came up.
We don't know what he's been considering, or when, or why. This isn't a video game, it's tens of thousands of American lives and billions of dollars we don't have.

Partisans are howling on both sides of the aisle, and the howling will continue no matter which side is pleased -- the other side will still howl. So he's not making his decision based on the howling. (I hope.)

He just has to believe in what he wants to accomplish there, then set and stick to a plan to accomplish it. If that means more troops, it means more troops. If it means getting the hell out, it means getting the hell out.

I've already said what I think we should be doing.

I do think however he needs to visit Afghanistan and take a good, hard look around for himself.

Why? ................. what would he see, that he would understand?

There was nothing in his record which qualified him for the office of President, so please tell me what in his past would give him some insight to what he would see on such a trip?

He needs to stop playing politics and he needs to begin playing leader and trust those he delegated to!

Go take a look around for himself, lol ........ sorry that's funny.

Mike

I guess Sarah must be drawing from all the foreign policy experience that she accumulated living next to Russia.

Did you also know that she's a financial policy expert? Yes, apparently she also lived down the street from a bank.

It's rather comical that so many are so worried about Bashing Palin, yet she holds no office and her opinions are anything but totally off base or radical.

She seems to stir a great fear in lame duck republicans, democrats and hard left liberals. She doesn't follow along to any preset drum beat by others, even though she knows she will make enemies and mistakes along the way.

The bashing is even more comical because she has no serious political blunders on her record except for resigning as Governor and that is debatable at best.

Yet, so many of you fear her, to the point that you are childish in your remarks!

Mike

Afghanistan is way too dangerous right now for our precious prez to visit. I don't see him venturing that way any time soon. Probably never.

Forum List

Back