Palestinian Arabs = closer relationship to Jews

j07950

Dec 30, 2004
Leeds, UK
A study by Ariella Oppenheim and her colleagues, published in Human Genetics in December 2000, showed that about 70 percent of Jewish paternal ancestries and about 82 percent of Palestinian Arabs share the same chromosomal pool. The geneticists asserted that this might support the claim that Palestinian Arabs descend in part from Judeans who converted to Islam. With their closer relationship to Jews, the Palestinian Arabs are distinctive from other Arab groups, such as Syrians, Lebanese, Saudis, and Iraqis, who have less of a connection to Jews.

I thought this was interesting...

"70 percent of Jewish paternal ancestries and about 82 percent of Palestinian Arabs share the same chromosomal pool. The geneticists asserted that this might support the claim that Palestinian Arabs descend in part from Judeans who converted to Islam."

That's an awful large percentage of the Palestinian population to even imagine that Jewish conversion would even effect it. They are both semitic people who, in some cases, have lived in the area for literally milleniums. Besides, the first murder in the bible is by Kane against his brother. This is the same thing. One brother sees that the other has established a modern, technologically advancing, 2nd (if not 1st) world, democracy next door and he gets jealous. So gelous that he picks up the stone to smite his brother, but this time Able FUBARED his ass.

Hw close the Jews and Palestinians are genetically is not the point where the rubber hits the road !!

Never mind the fact that both Jews and Muslims trace their lineage back to a common ancestor: Abraham. And never mind the fact that the Old Testament specifically mentions Israelites intermarrying with the native Caananites and other peoples nearby, producing "mixed" offspring.

I think those two facts would explain a 50-60% commonality of genes.

I saw that. It is interesting. To me, what it shows is how much enmity can develop between even somewhat related groups. That in turn leads to the conclusion that genetically different groups should not be forced to live together, which is the situation we have in America.

There you go again blastin your redneck head off. your just a loser. Probably somone of a minority was better than you and took the next promotion up. man fuck you, the whole reason why wars happen partially is becuase when one race feels superior to another. For example, the Nazis, had a racial genocide against minorities, mainly the jews. How did this begin, when the germans began to separate themselves from other races. so shut the fuck up you racist asshole.

Dude, try the spellcheck, grammar-check and logic-check. I understand the first two are available currently. You're against economic communism, apparently, but don't have any problem with racial communism? Time for a reality check.

Actually i read somewhere (darn i know i know :link: ) what all population in europe can be traced to six individual men in terms of genetics, so go figure...

Forum List

Back