Outsourcing the Super Bowl

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
So the NFL is actually considering this?

The Super Bowl, America's greatest sporting event, could be played outside the United States as early as 2014.

At least that's what some reports are suggesting. London, which already has hosted two regular-season games and is scheduled to hold a third this year, seems to be at the top of the list for the first overseas Super Bowl.

Is it possible and is it practical to put American football's spectacle in the land of soccer? Pat Yasinskas and Paul Kuharsky debate the merits, logistics and chances of a London Super Bowl.

Double Coverage: Is London Super Bowl wise? - NFL Nation - ESPN

So the NFL is actually considering this?

The Super Bowl, America's greatest sporting event, could be played outside the United States as early as 2014.

At least that's what some reports are suggesting. London, which already has hosted two regular-season games and is scheduled to hold a third this year, seems to be at the top of the list for the first overseas Super Bowl.

Is it possible and is it practical to put American football's spectacle in the land of soccer? Pat Yasinskas and Paul Kuharsky debate the merits, logistics and chances of a London Super Bowl.

Double Coverage: Is London Super Bowl wise? - NFL Nation - ESPN

If that means it starts at noon instead of 6pm I think I could be ok with the idea. :D

F*d up is what it is.

How would they get more revenue then they do now because of the move? Advertisers wouldn't pay any additional dollars simply because it's in London, and the revenues from souvenirs and concessions would be going to them, not to us.

And the time? When the Wimbledon championships are played, they begin at 9 a.m. Eastern Time. I would imagine that would be the approx. time for a Super Bowl start. You really want to have a Super Bowl party at that hour on a Sunday morning?

Oh, and I do know a few people who go to the Super Bowl every year, and they are not "corporate types". I imagine they'd be pissed 'cause I seriously doubt they could afford the trip.

I would be stunned if they did this.

The Super Bowl brings over 300 million dollars to the local economy (in whatever city the game is in).

This would be a huge mistake - politicians would scream foul at losing all the money.

Almost as good an idea as this:

70384439_ba1fd5b9de.jpg

If the NFL is stupid enough to do this, I would strongly suggest every American boycott watching it that year. Could you imagine if no American televisions were tuned in?

Forum List

Back