Zone1 Out of the Mouth of Babes

Brainwashed at such a young age.

tumblr_mejb95uzuC1ru3fl1.gif

Yet tell that to a Cultist and they have no inkling how mind controlled they are .
Eternity in hell, is their runaway best response .
See BlockedGhanian as an example .

How would you have "preferred" the child to answer?

Happiness.
Love.
Understanding.
Compassion.
Helping others.
Being a good human being.

Anything other than believing in a fictional character.
I guess she'll understand more when she's older and finds out Santa, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, monsters in the closet or under the bed, and Unicorns are all frauds and lies she's been told all of her young life, instead of the truth.

“Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven -- Jesus

Happiness.
Love.
Understanding.
Compassion.
Helping others.

I guess she'll understand more when she's older and finds out Santa, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, monsters in the closet or under the bed, and Unicorns are all frauds and lies she's been told all of her young life, instead of the truth.
Did the child summarize everything you listed with one word? I think she did.

When you were old enough to realize that Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy were being "helped" by your parents (or others), how did it affect you? For me personally, I was somewhat disappointed at first but eventually I realized how much my parents did for me. They gave credit for their deeds to another, in order for me to be happy.

Is that not a life lesson within itself?

Happiness.
Love.
Understanding.
Compassion.
Helping others.

Happiness is a secret to happiness?

Okay.

No doubt the child would have said things like cookies, playmates, Mommy, and puppies, too, not to the exclusion of God. Exposure is influence; nothing wrong with it.

And Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy are not frauds any more than Old Yeller, Mary Poppins, and Tom Sawyer are. Children soon realize they're fictional and don't go accusing anyone of deceiving them.

For me personally, I was somewhat disappointed at first but eventually I realized how much my parents did for me. They gave credit for their deeds to another, in order for me to be happy.

Is that not a life lesson within itself?
That is a great perspective. As a small child, one of my favorite past-times was "Let's pretend..." When I learned most of the adult population had their own grand game of "Let's pretend" I was in awe and truly delighted. A relative my age had a very different reaction. He saw it as a lie and determined then and there he would never lie like that to his own child. And he didn't. As individuals, we truly are unique and develop different perspectives about how we see life.

Forum List

Back