Our Solar/Alt Energy Future

Solar panels generate 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than nuclear power plants.
Wrong. Doing practically anything generates more toxic waste than nukes by volume. However, the use of solar panels generates none. Only their manufacture, which is obviously a major concern that's being addressed far more quickly than the radioactive waste problem nukes still create that will likely never be resolved and keeps getting far more costly every year.

See, this is the thing: all of your RW media talking points become obsolete, and frankly embarrassing, shortly after you utter them. That's how fast things are changing. Because there are serious companies doing serious work, in order to make serious money.

It is simple. The government is lobbied by billionaires to pass, "green new deal initiative and subsidies."

These include money for bio-generative energy planets, wind farms, and solar panels. So the hydrocarbons and toxic materials are used to build those, and the wood pulp, gets a premium to go to energy, and paper plants now have to pay a premium for pulp, which is used to make paper products for consumer products.
Thus? The cost of all paper products is increased, the minute those subsidies for bio-energy get passed. Bioenergy plants have money from the government to pay for wood pulp.

If consumer paper producers want to buy that same pulp? They need to raise their prices to compete. . . thus? They raise the prices of toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, printer paper, etc.

It is simple supply and demand.

See, this is the thing: all of your RW media talking points become obsolete, and frankly embarrassing, shortly after you utter them. That's how fast things are changing. Because there are serious companies doing serious work, in order to make serious money.
Still waiting for the price of TP to come back down.

Three years ago, I paid 4.50 for 12 rolls of store brand TP. Now I am paying 9.

This has nothing to do with left or right wing media. I am talking about my life experience, and the affects of legislation on the market.

Still waiting for the price of TP to come back down.

Three years ago, I paid 4.50 for 12 rolls of store brand TP. Now I am paying 9.

This has nothing to do with left or right wing media. I am talking about my life experience, and the affects of legislation on the market.
Ok, I'm lost here. Why are you talking about toilet paper in an alternative energy thread? Did I miss something?
4i6Ckte.gif

EDIT TO ADD: Maybe all this good news about solar made you shit a brick?
4i6Ckte.gif

The fact is, solar panels require batteries.

They do not produce as much energy as coal or gas.

You can keep posting stories like this, but it leaves out, very, VERY important pieces of the energy puzzle. It is still a fantasy.

It will continue to be a supplement, it IS NOT A REPLACEMENT.

Ok, I'm lost here. Why are you talking about toilet paper in an alternative energy thread? Did I miss something?
4i6Ckte.gif

EDIT TO ADD: Maybe all this good news about solar made you shit a brick?
4i6Ckte.gif
The reason they are tied, is every time there is government legislation to push the green agenda, it is omnibus legislation. If you had viewed that documentary at the beginning of the thread, you would find, that the folks behind this, don't give one shit about the global environment, and are doing it for money and power.

They have global investment vehicles.

All of these agendas are tied. Solar panels, wind farms, biomass electric generation, and "carbon offsets," investments, are all part of the same agenda, to make the same folks immensely wealthy, while making other folks communities depressed and poor.

It is a fraud that has nothing to do with the climate.

It's 1973 again>
E5EKCZ6VUAA5S_S.jpg

biden-ford-plant-1-01-gty-iwb-210518_1621367033811_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

~S~
I remember us talking in a few other threads sparky, about that fusion thing.

They are going to have to eventually let that old cat out of the bag, it is the only way they are going to make this paradigm fly, I suspect. . . .

:eusa_think:

my post from Mr B's article>>>
Another real concern is the vast increase in the use of nitrogen trifluoride (NF3) in the construction of solar panels – up 1,057 percent over the past 25 years. The UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change deems NF3 to be 17,200 times more potent than carbon dioxide as a greenhouse gas – meaning that even relatively minor quantities can have major impacts.
Your response>>>
Doing practically anything generates more toxic waste than nukes by volume. However, the use of solar panels generates none.

~S~

But wait, speaking of relying upon embarrassing RW talking points, there's more
Solar panels generate 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than nuclear power plants.
Sparky, please explain how much "toxic waste per unit of energy" it takes to build your average nuke plant. Do you not see the game being played here? We're constantly being told that the cost of building, maintaining, and retiring nukes is nothing compared to all the "clean, too cheap to meter" energy they produce, so never mind all that! But the moment solar is brought up, Hwell now, one solar panel produces nothing compared to a nuke or natural gas plant, and just look at all this toxic shit involved, not to mention those dirty Chinks who are just killing us in the market with all their cheap, forced, foreign labor!

Forum List

Back