Our new quarter-back is a stand up guy

Still gonna get his shit pushed in next season. That line is dog shit.
I'll be interested to see how many drop back passes he does per game.

A lot. But what you have to measure is how fast he gets rid of the ball...and what decisions he makes in getting rid of it.
Aye man, Eli Manning and Tom Brady are 2 of the best QBs that have ever, ever been, boy.
Did I mention ever? Because ever.

With all due respect, Marion...did you just call Eli one of the best QB's to have ever been? Don't get me wrong...I respect what Eli did in the two Super Bowls he won but he's not even in the top 20 NFL QB's of all time!
Prove me wrong, then. I was betting on Brady in 2007, Eli came out with hokey college-ball tactics which threw the Pats off and Eli won that year.

I say genius! I lost money, but Eli nailed that shtuff!
That's the year I learned respect for Eli Manning: 2007.

He even did it again later! 'Sup?

I could never get into the Giants after that weirdo had gay sex and killed himself in prison.

Fricking crazy

He played for the Patriots.
So who's your team?

Grew up as a Giants fan. Lived in Boston for many years and adopted the local teams so I became more of a Patriots fan. Live in Florida now however so maybe I'll start rooting for the Bucs? Then again one of my college friends is a coach for the Chiefs so I pull for them as well. Confused yet? LOL
Very confused lol
It's a tough time to be a fan of sports. Used to be players were around for a long time and you thought of them as family almost. Now it's more of a every man for himself thing which makes it hard to root for players.

The Giants thing happened because back in the day the only football we got on TV out in Western Mass. every Sunday were the Giants games on Channel 3 out of Hartford Conn. Only 3 TV stations back then, Kiddies...try and wrap your heads around THAT! :)
I remember days kind of similar to that. In the early to mid 1970's in rural Indiana (we were about 7-8 miles from any good sized town) I believe we only had 6 or 7 channels, maybe 8. I can remember we could get the ABC, NBC, and CBS channels, also WGN and the PBS station. And a couple higher numbered channels, 32 and 44, I believe. This was, of course, quite a bit before cable TV. So, a grand total of 7 channels. But it was more than enough for us. In some ways, I really DO miss those days.

Channel 32 was WFLD and 44 was telumundo or some Chicago Spanish station
I remember the White Sox games possibly being on channel 44. Harry Caray was the SOX announcer then, and he was a blast! One game, he did the game from the center field seats, and I think he had several kegs of beer out there with him. He AND the fans out there got loaded during the game! My favorite season to watch was 1972, the year Dick Allen won the American League MVP for the Sox. I watched as many games as I could and Allen was wonderful to behold that year. One of my clearest memories of that season was a game the Sox played against the Royals in Kansas City. The stadium had a LOT of room in the outfield, and you really had to nail a pitch to knock it out of the park. Dick Allen hit a screamer into the gap of the outfield and the ball kept rolling and rolling. Allen, who despite his muscular physique, still had some speed then. He ended up with an inside the park home run! He did it ALL that year, I believe he finished with 37 home runs and 113 RBI, which both led the league, and a .308 batting average, which I believe was in the top 5 for the season. What an amazing season to witness!
I looked up the AL leaders for 1972, Dick Allen finished tied for third with his .308 average! Rod Carew won the title, only 10 points higher than Allen, at .318. Allen came VERY close to winning the triple crown that year. I believe Billy Williams of the Cubs came close to winning the triple crown in the National League that same year, 1972. I'll look it up.

A lot. But what you have to measure is how fast he gets rid of the ball...and what decisions he makes in getting rid of it.
Aye man, Eli Manning and Tom Brady are 2 of the best QBs that have ever, ever been, boy.

With all due respect, Marion...did you just call Eli one of the best QB's to have ever been? Don't get me wrong...I respect what Eli did in the two Super Bowls he won but he's not even in the top 20 NFL QB's of all time!
Prove me wrong, then. I was betting on Brady in 2007, Eli came out with hokey college-ball tactics which threw the Pats off and Eli won that year.

I could never get into the Giants after that weirdo had gay sex and killed himself in prison.

Fricking crazy

So who's your team?

Grew up as a Giants fan. Lived in Boston for many years and adopted the local teams so I became more of a Patriots fan. Live in Florida now however so maybe I'll start rooting for the Bucs? Then again one of my college friends is a coach for the Chiefs so I pull for them as well. Confused yet? LOL
Very confused lol
It's a tough time to be a fan of sports. Used to be players were around for a long time and you thought of them as family almost. Now it's more of a every man for himself thing which makes it hard to root for players.

The Giants thing happened because back in the day the only football we got on TV out in Western Mass. every Sunday were the Giants games on Channel 3 out of Hartford Conn. Only 3 TV stations back then, Kiddies...try and wrap your heads around THAT! :)
I remember days kind of similar to that. In the early to mid 1970's in rural Indiana (we were about 7-8 miles from any good sized town) I believe we only had 6 or 7 channels, maybe 8. I can remember we could get the ABC, NBC, and CBS channels, also WGN and the PBS station. And a couple higher numbered channels, 32 and 44, I believe. This was, of course, quite a bit before cable TV. So, a grand total of 7 channels. But it was more than enough for us. In some ways, I really DO miss those days.

I remember the White Sox games possibly being on channel 44. Harry Caray was the SOX announcer then, and he was a blast! One game, he did the game from the center field seats, and I think he had several kegs of beer out there with him. He AND the fans out there got loaded during the game! My favorite season to watch was 1972, the year Dick Allen won the American League MVP for the Sox. I watched as many games as I could and Allen was wonderful to behold that year. One of my clearest memories of that season was a game the Sox played against the Royals in Kansas City. The stadium had a LOT of room in the outfield, and you really had to nail a pitch to knock it out of the park. Dick Allen hit a screamer into the gap of the outfield and the ball kept rolling and rolling. Allen, who despite his muscular physique, still had some speed then. He ended up with an inside the park home run! He did it ALL that year, I believe he finished with 37 home runs and 113 RBI, which both led the league, and a .308 batting average, which I believe was in the top 5 for the season. What an amazing season to witness!

Thank you for refreshing my memory, Haray was on 44 televising White Sox games at old Comminsky park before he went to the cubs on WGN channel 9
You're welcome. I believe the Sox WERE on channel 32 before switching to 44, but I'm not sure of that.

Fricking crazy

So who's your team?

Very confused lol

I looked up the AL leaders for 1972, Dick Allen finished tied for third with his .308 average! Rod Carew won the title, only 10 points higher than Allen, at .318. Allen came VERY close to winning the triple crown that year. I believe Billy Williams of the Cubs came close to winning the triple crown in the National League that same year, 1972. I'll look it up.

Hey remember King Kong, David Kingman of the Cubs?

Fricking crazy

So who's your team?

Very confused lol

Hey remember King Kong, David Kingman of the Cubs?
Yep, I remember him well. Quite tall for a baseball player. He very rarely hit for average, but boy could he hit the home runs.

You say his name is Brady ? Tom Brady ? Hmmmm, he any good ? What school did he play for ? Think a guy named 'Tom' will go anywhere in the NFL of 2020 ? I bet they pull him as the starter by his 4th game ! Nah, he'll never go anywhere !

Fricking crazy

So who's your team?

Very confused lol

Billy Williams had quite a season for the Cubs in 1972. He won the batting title with a .333 average, finished third in home runs with 37 and second in RBI with 122. Like Dick Allen, SO close to winning the triple crown. Johnny Bench of the Reds led in both home runs and RBI, 40 and 125. I'm not sure who won MVP for the National League that year, but I THINK it was Bench.

Fricking crazy

So who's your team?

Very confused lol

Billy Williams had quite a season for the Cubs in 1972. He won the batting title with a .333 average, finished third in home runs with 37 and second in RBI with 122. Like Dick Allen, SO close to winning the triple crown. Johnny Bench of the Reds led in both home runs and RBI, 40 and 125. I'm not sure who won MVP for the National League that year, but I THINK it was Bench.
Bench DID win MVP, Williams finished runner up.

Fricking crazy

So who's your team?

Very confused lol

Dang he is 81 years old

Billy_Williams_2013.jpg

Fricking crazy

So who's your team?

Very confused lol

Dang he is 81 years old

View attachment 320954
Wow, thanks for the pic. He was my favorite Cubs player from the late 60's through the mid 70's. I didn't start becoming a baseball fan until 1969, when I was 8 years old. The Cubs were my first favorite team, but they broke my heart by absolutely falling apart late in the season, and failed to win their division, which looked like a cinch through the middle of August. Then they collapsed. I was so upset, I changed my allegiance to the White Sox, the very next season in 1970. The Sox have been my favorite team since. I still root for the Cubs, it was wonderful to see them win the World Series in 2016. They're my third favorite team, behind the Sox and the Arizona Diamondbacks. I was living in the Phoenix area when the D-Backs first started in 1998, and became an avid fan of the team. I moved away from Arizona and back to here, in Indiana, almost 10 years ago. We lived in this area when I was a kid, from about 1971-77. I love it here, very little has changed since the 70's. It's very nice, calm and safe here in Valparaiso. Very little crime, I don't feel unsafe anywhere in town. But I DO miss going to Suns, D-Backs, Cardinals and Coyote games. And I DON'T want to go into Chicago to see any sports games there.

Forum List

Back