Our new quarter-back is a stand up guy

Still gonna get his shit pushed in next season. That line is dog shit.
I ll miss the GOAT and wish him the best!
Yeah dude...it will be interesting to see how Belichick does without him.

Bill won 12 games with Matt Cassel, Tijn...I'd be more worried about all the guys the Pat's lost on defense!
The 2ndary will still be nasty. We will miss Van Noy and Collins.

I'll be interested to see how many drop back passes he does per game.

A lot. But what you have to measure is how fast he gets rid of the ball...and what decisions he makes in getting rid of it.
Aye man, Eli Manning and Tom Brady are 2 of the best QBs that have ever, ever been, boy.
Did I mention ever? Because ever.

Tom Brady is the GOAT, but Eli Manning isn't.
Brady the greatest quarterback of all-time? You are CORRECT. I don't think anyone's even close to him in that category. Peyton Manning and Dree Brees are my #2 and #3. I give Peyton a slight edge because he was able to lead two very different teams to Super Bowl wins.

Marino was better, He beat the 85 Bears
How many Super Bowls did Dan win? The Bears WON the Super Bowl after the '85 regular season, and quite easily, 46-10. Marino IS my #5 QB all-time, and I believe he's THE best QB that didn't win a Super Bowl.
I wholeheartedly agree Marino was the best QB that never won a Superbowl.

Then there's Doug Flutie, he won the Canuck SB, no?

I think he won it like 4 times???

And Remember he was the 1st person to punt a field Goal in like 50 years with the Patriots
Yes, I remember Doug punting a field goal. He was cool, I liked him when he played in the NFL.
He was a San Diego Charger baby!

Holy crap on a cracker just gooled him..

Doug's daughter

View attachment 320902
Didn't he have a son born with no bones or something? Daughter lookin finer than frog hair.
I looked up info on his son, Doug Flutie, Jr. He DOESN'T have any form of cerebral palsy (my bad), he developed a rare and severe form of autism at age 3, and will unfortunately be autistic for the rest of his life. Doug said his son seems to enjoy life, and there are several pictures of him with mom and dad where he has a huge grin on his face. So although there is no cure for his condition, he appears to live a very worthwhile and comfortable life, and Doug Sr. says he's an inspiration to all of those close to him. I'm glad I looked him up.
That sucks....but it could be something worse...like cerebral palsy, or cystic fibrosis. I loved Doug when he played for the Bolts.

I doubt the NFL will play this year, btw anyone see those pretend Nasscar races on Fox?

How gay and stupid

Bill won 12 games with Matt Cassel, Tijn...I'd be more worried about all the guys the Pat's lost on defense!

Actually, they went 11-5 in the 2008 season with Cassel and didn't make the playoffs.

A lot. But what you have to measure is how fast he gets rid of the ball...and what decisions he makes in getting rid of it.
Aye man, Eli Manning and Tom Brady are 2 of the best QBs that have ever, ever been, boy.

With all due respect, Marion...did you just call Eli one of the best QB's to have ever been? Don't get me wrong...I respect what Eli did in the two Super Bowls he won but he's not even in the top 20 NFL QB's of all time!
Prove me wrong, then. I was betting on Brady in 2007, Eli came out with hokey college-ball tactics which threw the Pats off and Eli won that year.

I say genius! I lost money, but Eli nailed that shtuff!
That's the year I learned respect for Eli Manning: 2007.

He even did it again later! 'Sup?

I could never get into the Giants after that weirdo had gay sex and killed himself in prison.

Fricking crazy

He played for the Patriots.
So who's your team?

Grew up as a Giants fan. Lived in Boston for many years and adopted the local teams so I became more of a Patriots fan. Live in Florida now however so maybe I'll start rooting for the Bucs? Then again one of my college friends is a coach for the Chiefs so I pull for them as well. Confused yet? LOL
Very confused lol
It's a tough time to be a fan of sports. Used to be players were around for a long time and you thought of them as family almost. Now it's more of a every man for himself thing which makes it hard to root for players.

The Giants thing happened because back in the day the only football we got on TV out in Western Mass. every Sunday were the Giants games on Channel 3 out of Hartford Conn. Only 3 TV stations back then, Kiddies...try and wrap your heads around THAT! :)

Actually, they went 11-5 in the 2008 season with Cassel and didn't make the playoffs.
Correct. Still 11-5 is excellent. He also went 3-1 while TB was suspended for 4 games. The Hoodie is a GOAT too.

11-5 with Matt Cassell tells me Bill Belichick isn't going to be "exposed" without Brady! He's a great coach. Do I think they'll win the Super Bowl? Nope. Do I think they'll win the Division again? I like Buffalo's chances now that Brady is gone!

11-5 with Matt Cassell tells me Bill Belichick isn't going to be "exposed" without Brady! He's a great coach. Do I think they'll win the Super Bowl? Nope. Do I think they'll win the Division again? I like Buffalo's chances now that Brady is gone!
I like Tampa's chances now that Brady is here!
Jaemis who?
Turd.

Eli Manning?! Are you fucking high? How dare you mention that average at best player in the same breath with the greatest to ever play the game?

Eli Manning?! Are you fucking high? How dare you mention that average at best player in the same breath with the greatest to ever play the game?
Did Eli Manning beat Tom Brady or not in 2007?
Rhetorical question: He damn sure did. Kicked his ass.

I like Tampa's chances now that Brady is here!
Jaemis who?
Turd.
Brady's going to be like a kid in a candy store with the offensive weapons he has in TB! Two thousand yard receivers...two great tight ends...a great running back? He'll get the ball out quick and make that so-so offensive line look great!

Come on...I love TB but it wasn't Eli that kicked ass that game...it was the Giants defense that did that!

Eli was never even as good as his brother. Not even close. He was the exact definition of "average."

Eli was never even as good as his brother. Not even close. He was the exact definition of "average."
But he won the big game twice. Of course he is not in Brady's league...but winning two super bowls is something only a handful of QBs can claim.
I think of him as more like a modern day Terry Bradshaw...meh stats..but the ability to win the big one.

With all due respect, Marion...did you just call Eli one of the best QB's to have ever been? Don't get me wrong...I respect what Eli did in the two Super Bowls he won but he's not even in the top 20 NFL QB's of all time!
Prove me wrong, then. I was betting on Brady in 2007, Eli came out with hokey college-ball tactics which threw the Pats off and Eli won that year.

I could never get into the Giants after that weirdo had gay sex and killed himself in prison.

Fricking crazy

So who's your team?

Grew up as a Giants fan. Lived in Boston for many years and adopted the local teams so I became more of a Patriots fan. Live in Florida now however so maybe I'll start rooting for the Bucs? Then again one of my college friends is a coach for the Chiefs so I pull for them as well. Confused yet? LOL
Very confused lol
It's a tough time to be a fan of sports. Used to be players were around for a long time and you thought of them as family almost. Now it's more of a every man for himself thing which makes it hard to root for players.

The Giants thing happened because back in the day the only football we got on TV out in Western Mass. every Sunday were the Giants games on Channel 3 out of Hartford Conn. Only 3 TV stations back then, Kiddies...try and wrap your heads around THAT! :)
I remember days kind of similar to that. In the early to mid 1970's in rural Indiana (we were about 7-8 miles from any good sized town) I believe we only had 6 or 7 channels, maybe 8. I can remember we could get the ABC, NBC, and CBS channels, also WGN and the PBS station. And a couple higher numbered channels, 32 and 44, I believe. This was, of course, quite a bit before cable TV. So, a grand total of 7 channels. But it was more than enough for us. In some ways, I really DO miss those days.

Fricking crazy

So who's your team?

Very confused lol

I remember days kind of similar to that. In the early to mid 1970's in rural Indiana (we were about 7-8 miles from any good sized town) I believe we only had 6 or 7 channels, maybe 8. I can remember we could get the ABC, NBC, and CBS channels, also WGN and the PBS station. And a couple higher numbered channels, 32 and 44, I believe. This was, of course, quite a bit before cable TV. So, a grand total of 7 channels. But it was more than enough for us. In some ways, I really DO miss those days.

Channel 32 was WFLD and 44 was telumundo or some Chicago Spanish station

Fricking crazy

So who's your team?

Very confused lol

I remember the White Sox games possibly being on channel 44. Harry Caray was the SOX announcer then, and he was a blast! One game, he did the game from the center field seats, and I think he had several kegs of beer out there with him. He AND the fans out there got loaded during the game! My favorite season to watch was 1972, the year Dick Allen won the American League MVP for the Sox. I watched as many games as I could and Allen was wonderful to behold that year. One of my clearest memories of that season was a game the Sox played against the Royals in Kansas City. The stadium had a LOT of room in the outfield, and you really had to nail a pitch to knock it out of the park. Dick Allen hit a screamer into the gap of the outfield and the ball kept rolling and rolling. Allen, who despite his muscular physique, still had some speed then. He ended up with an inside the park home run! He did it ALL that year, I believe he finished with 37 home runs and 113 RBI, which both led the league, and a .308 batting average, which I believe was in the top 5 for the season. What an amazing season to witness!

Fricking crazy

So who's your team?

Very confused lol

I remember the White Sox games possibly being on channel 44. Harry Caray was the SOX announcer then, and he was a blast! One game, he did the game from the center field seats, and I think he had several kegs of beer out there with him. He AND the fans out there got loaded during the game! My favorite season to watch was 1972, the year Dick Allen won the American League MVP for the Sox. I watched as many games as I could and Allen was wonderful to behold that year. One of my clearest memories of that season was a game the Sox played against the Royals in Kansas City. The stadium had a LOT of room in the outfield, and you really had to nail a pitch to knock it out of the park. Dick Allen hit a screamer into the gap of the outfield and the ball kept rolling and rolling. Allen, who despite his muscular physique, still had some speed then. He ended up with an inside the park home run! He did it ALL that year, I believe he finished with 37 home runs and 113 RBI, which both led the league, and a .308 batting average, which I believe was in the top 5 for the season. What an amazing season to witness!

Thank you for refreshing my memory, Haray was on 44 televising White Sox games at old Comminsky park before he went to the cubs on WGN channel 9

Forum List

Back