Our enemies must love our partisans

Name one resource we've stolen and provide proof of such.

Are you some kind of special retard? Did someone try to steal your helmet today?

Come on, our interference in their affairs is all about stealing their resources. Starting with when the DEMOCRATICALLY elected government of Iran voted to nationalize their oil fields and we overthrew him and put the Shah in charge.

The directors of the FBI and CIA disagree, even Clapper said there was not enough data available to adequately screen these people.

So?

Frankly, if ISIL wanted to get someone in here, they'd have an easier time just sending in someone on a tourist Visa. They don't ask nearly enough questions about those.

Or just simply recruit one of the thousands of American Muslims who hears a mutant like Trump talking about wanting to "Register" them.

Are you some kind of special retard? Did someone try to steal your helmet today?

Come on, our interference in their affairs is all about stealing their resources. Starting with when the DEMOCRATICALLY elected government of Iran voted to nationalize their oil fields and we overthrew him and put the Shah in charge.

Really, what year was that?

As with most issues polluted and distorted by partisan ideology, reality is probably somewhere in the middle on this whole ISIS/refugees/terrorism mess. On one hand, some on one side are clearly over-reacting, on the other hand, some on the other side are so busy mocking and ignoring the obvious that it's reasonable to wonder what they're thinking.

The problem those who are mocking could have is this: It could just take one (1) domestic terrorist event to blow a hole in your behavior, and I wonder if you see that. And that could lead to an absolute flood of knee-jerk over-reaction by the country in general. You could be setting up an even worse version of what you say you want to avoid.

Amid all the partisan fun you appear to be having with mocking conservatives (as French families mourn their dead), I wonder if this has occurred to you.

My guess is that ISIS and their supporters are finding value in the behavior of both narcissistic ends of the American political spectrum. You're both hurting us.

As usual.
I remember back to after 9-11, Bush had my 100% support. That was the GOP's chance to win over us white middle aged male liberals who hate the GOP. But instead he used the crisis to push his right wing agenda.

Even the most moderate Republicans will push the same GOP agenda I disagree with. Even if they don't push the god gays and racism shit they are still neo cons when it comes to fiscal policy. The GOP is simply anti middle class. Has nothing to do with black or gay or religion. Those are just wedge issues they use to divide middle class people.

It's good to have two parties who appose each other. Otherwise we have a dictatorship. Would you like to live in a country that is 100% liberal? I wouldn't like to live in America if the GOP ran everything. Remember Bush Tom Delay and Dennis Pedophile Hastert? Yuck.
Of course, I agree: It's not only good to have two parties who oppose each other, it's critical.

The problem we have right now is that the two parties have been essentially taken over by zealots. It's now the Regressive Left vs. the Regressive Right, and the rest of us - the majority - can only watch as the two ends of the spectrum behave like children in desperate need of Librium™.

THAT'S the problem.

The directors of the FBI and CIA disagree, even Clapper said there was not enough data available to adequately screen these people.

So?

Frankly, if ISIL wanted to get someone in here, they'd have an easier time just sending in someone on a tourist Visa. They don't ask nearly enough questions about those.

Or just simply recruit one of the thousands of American Muslims who hears a mutant like Trump talking about wanting to "Register" them.

Hate to tell ya there hero, all Americans are in government databases. They have access to your medical records through maobamacare, if they are immigrants the have to report their whereabouts to DHS and of course the IRS and census bureau has data on everyone, there's no need for anything new.

It was 1951. Ten years after the Shah came to power. Oops.

Of course, I agree: It's not only good to have two parties who oppose each other, it's critical.

The problem we have right now is that the two parties have been essentially taken over by zealots. It's now the Regressive Left vs. the Regressive Right, and the rest of us - the majority - can only watch as the two ends of the spectrum behave like children in desperate need of Librium™.

THAT'S the problem.

Which is why what we really need is a multi-party system. I'd like to see a good 10-15 prominent parties. Let the zealots have their little fringe elements.

The Shah followed his father in 1941 and was there till 1979. And yes they had an elected Prime Minister, who tried to steal the assets of US and British oil companies and other industries. The US and British did't take too kindly to that and ousted the Prime Minister, and BTW the US and British bought the seized assets back, they didn't take them.

As with most issues polluted and distorted by partisan ideology, reality is probably somewhere in the middle on this whole ISIS/refugees/terrorism mess. On one hand, some on one side are clearly over-reacting, on the other hand, some on the other side are so busy mocking and ignoring the obvious that it's reasonable to wonder what they're thinking.

The problem those who are mocking could have is this: It could just take one (1) domestic terrorist event to blow a hole in your behavior, and I wonder if you see that. And that could lead to an absolute flood of knee-jerk over-reaction by the country in general. You could be setting up an even worse version of what you say you want to avoid.

Amid all the partisan fun you appear to be having with mocking conservatives (as French families mourn their dead), I wonder if this has occurred to you.

My guess is that ISIS and their supporters are finding value in the behavior of both narcissistic ends of the American political spectrum. You're both hurting us.

As usual.
I remember back to after 9-11, Bush had my 100% support. That was the GOP's chance to win over us white middle aged male liberals who hate the GOP. But instead he used the crisis to push his right wing agenda.

Even the most moderate Republicans will push the same GOP agenda I disagree with. Even if they don't push the god gays and racism shit they are still neo cons when it comes to fiscal policy. The GOP is simply anti middle class. Has nothing to do with black or gay or religion. Those are just wedge issues they use to divide middle class people.

It's good to have two parties who appose each other. Otherwise we have a dictatorship. Would you like to live in a country that is 100% liberal? I wouldn't like to live in America if the GOP ran everything. Remember Bush Tom Delay and Dennis Pedophile Hastert? Yuck.

THAT'S the problem.
It's more like through the GOP the rich own control and run everything and the Democrats are hardly any different.

Hate to tell ya there hero, all Americans are in government databases. They have access to your medical records through maobamacare, if they are immigrants the have to report their whereabouts to DHS and of course the IRS and census bureau has data on everyone, there's no need for anything new.

That's not what the Trumpenfuhrer suggested. He suggested registering people on the basis of THEIR RELIGION. which is actually illegal under US Law.

I have often wondered how Germany could have fell for a clown like Hitler.

Now I am watching the rise of Trump, and I am kind of getting it.

That's not what the Trumpenfuhrer suggested. He suggested registering people on the basis of THEIR RELIGION. which is actually illegal under US Law.

I have often wondered how Germany could have fell for a clown like Hitler.

Now I am watching the rise of Trump, and I am kind of getting it.

Could have fallen. I don't like Trump, but you aren't one to talk. He who wants to throw people in jail because they produce a product he doesn't like.

The Shah followed his father in 1941 and was there till 1979. And yes they had an elected Prime Minister, who tried to steal the assets of US and British oil companies and other industries. The US and British did't take too kindly to that and ousted the Prime Minister, and BTW the US and British bought the seized assets back, they didn't take them.

I was pointing out that Joe Blowhard didn't know what he was talking about.

Could have fallen. I don't like Trump, but you aren't one to talk. He who wants to throw people in jail because they produce a product he doesn't like.

No, i want to throw them in prison for producing a DANGEROUS product and then knowingly selling them to DANGEROUS people. Sorry you can't see the difference, but so much for the party of "Personal Responsiblity".

I was pointing out that Joe Blowhard didn't know what he was talking about.

really, I thought you were displaying your profound fucking ignorance.

Before the 1953 (not 1951) coup, the Shah was a constitutional monarch with a parliament. After his DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED Parliament voted to nationalize Iran's Oil fields from the Anglo-Iranian Oil company (Later British Petroleum), the CIA backed a coup to topple the Democratically Elected government and re-install the Shah as an absolute monarch with a really nasty secret police force.

25 years later, after the Shah had realy fucked up everything, the people rose up and the only authorities who were in a position exert any influence was- the Clergy.

No, i want to throw them in prison for producing a DANGEROUS product and then knowingly selling them to DANGEROUS people. Sorry you can't see the difference, but so much for the party of "Personal Responsiblity".

And how do you feel about cigarette manufacturers? What about alcohol? That is stupid.

No, i want to throw them in prison for producing a DANGEROUS product and then knowingly selling them to DANGEROUS people.

You feel the same way about beer companies?

So let's look at that one.

If I own a bar, and someone is falling down sloppy drunk, and i keep pouring beers into them, I can be held liable if they drive off and run over a family.

the tobacco companies were held liable when it was discovered that they were intentionally marketting to children with the intent of getting them addicted.

Why aren't we holding gun manufacturers- who sell a product designed to KILL PEOPLE - to that same standard.

No, i want to throw them in prison for producing a DANGEROUS product and then knowingly selling them to DANGEROUS people.

You feel the same way about beer companies?

So let's look at that one.

If I own a bar, and someone is falling down sloppy drunk, and i keep pouring beers into them, I can be held liable if they drive off and run over a family.

the tobacco companies were held liable when it was discovered that they were intentionally marketting to children with the intent of getting them addicted.

Why aren't we holding gun manufacturers- who sell a product designed to KILL PEOPLE - to that same standard.

You are talking about people breaking the law or directly contributing to a death/potential death. Gun manufacturers are manufacturing a product that is legal and, unless they are doing something illegal, you don't have a case. We already have laws about selling guns. If someone illegally sells a weapon, they will be punished for that.

And how do you feel about cigarette manufacturers? What about alcohol? That is stupid.

I think the Tobacco company WAS held to a standard. They were sued and required to stop doing things like using cartoon characters to sell cigarettes.

As stated above, the alcohol industry is held to a standard, it's why they spend millions on "Know when to say when' campaigns.

The gun industry, they'll sell a military grade weapon with a 100 round Clip to the Fucking Joker.

I think the Tobacco company WAS held to a standard. They were sued and required to stop doing things like using cartoon characters to sell cigarettes.

As stated above, the alcohol industry is held to a standard, it's why they spend millions on "Know when to say when' campaigns.

The gun industry, they'll sell a military grade weapon with a 100 round Clip to the Fucking Joker.

The cigarette manufacturers create and sell a product that kills people and serves no purpose. There is no difference. Even your cop outs suck.

Forum List

Back