Zone1 Our beloved friend and moderator Kat has passed.

It is with great sadness that I report that Kat, a friend to all of us, my personal friend, a dedicated USMB moderator, and one that has touched so many of our lives in a positive way passed on Saturday morning, September 4, 2022.

She will be greatly missed.

Our prayers and thoughts are with her husband and family.
/----/ Very sad. RIP

1662736947465.png
😥 Me, too, Mr. Oddball. Kat was a great person and a huge loss to USMB.

& by the way, great new Avie.

I am just now learning of this.

This one hurts me in the heart. Kat was one of THEE most beautiful souls I had ever had the pleasure of knowing. Always having something sweet and kind to say to me. Always there to help, not only with moderation matters, but with personal matters as well. One of my favorite humans.

She will be so missed.

RIP Kitty Kat.

Condolences and all but I ain't got a clue about the "Kat" moderator. Am I in the minority by not keeping in personal touch with USMB "mods"? Is there an inner circle of USMB posters that control the forum?

Condolences and all but I ain't got a clue about the "Kat" moderator. Am I in the minority by not keeping in personal touch with USMB "mods"? Is there an inner circle of USMB posters that control the forum?
Kat didn't mess with up and up folks much. The only time I remember her saying something to me was about 10 years ago, and it was definitely okay. I heard good things about her more than not through the years from her friends at the USMB Lounge (coffee shop). That may have been a couple of USMB Lounge thread additionssince then, I think the one we're on now is # IV. We represent a 360-degree circle of opinions, but it's against the rules to mention politics in there as Foxfyre watches over it to make sure we see the good sides of each other whether Democrats, Republicans, Independents, or Unknown party participants. Some don't vote. Not everybody there is into politics, also. We have an artist, a photographer, and a few retirees who never are seen on political threads, because their interests may be in cooking threads, poetry threads, science aficionados, and the like. Some are from foreign countries and just want to jam a little with Americans, not delve into politics.
All who haven't been there yet are always welcome here > USMB Coffee Shop IV

The only interaction I ever had with her was whenever she liked my posts. That's it. Seemed like a nice lady, though, from what participation I did see from her on here. Can't recall her posting very much, honestly speaking.

Unfortunate news, though. Sorry to read of her passing.

Kat didn't mess with up and up folks much. The only time I remember her saying something to me was about 10 years ago, and it was definitely okay. I heard good things about her more than not through the years from her friends at the USMB Lounge (coffee shop). That may have been a couple of USMB Lounge thread additionssince then, I think the one we're on now is # IV. We represent a 360-degree circle of opinions, but it's against the rules to mention politics in there as Foxfyre watches over it to make sure we see the good sides of each other whether Democrats, Republicans, Independents, or Unknown party participants. Some don't vote. Not everybody there is into politics, also. We have an artist, a photographer, and a few retirees who never are seen on political threads, because their interests may be in cooking threads, poetry threads, science aficionados, and the like. Some are from foreign countries and just want to jam a little with Americans, not delve into politics.
All who haven't been there yet are always welcome here > USMB Coffee Shop IV
How do you get to be a "beloved friend" on an opinion forum? Is there something going on that ordinary posters are unaware of? I've been on the forum for a good long time but I don't remember Kat but it doesn't matter. Is it likely that USMB posters have some sort of connection between each other outside of the USMB? I'm not liking that too much.

How do you get to be a "beloved friend" on an opinion forum? Is there something going on that ordinary posters are unaware of? I've been on the forum for a good long time but I don't remember Kat but it doesn't matter. Is it likely that USMB posters have some sort of connection between each other outside of the USMB? I'm not liking that too much.

Mostly happens outside of the noise and vitriol of the forums. Connecting in PMs. Sharing common interests, Acting like adult human beings. You cant assume you know much about them from their political arguments. I remember one small semi-private message board focused on training people to debate political issues that had a poster Alf. Wont comment much on what he SEEMED to be but turned out to be Al Franken just BEFORE he decided to successfully run for office.

You find out what the person is like and their situations a LOT. Especially from the PM convos we have with members in moderation activities. Lots of real life drama there for instance. The Flame Zone is famous for being it's own eco-system. Foxfyre's "coffee shops" are the same deal.

There's a lot people are missing if you just come here for the bar fights. :rolleyes-41:

Mostly happens outside of the noise and vitriol of the forums. Connecting in PMs. Sharing common interests, Acting like adult human beings. You cant assume you know much about them from their political arguments. I remember one small semi-private message board focused on training people to debate political issues that had a poster Alf. Wont comment much on what he SEEMED to be but turned out to be Al Franken just BEFORE he decided to successfully run for office.

You find out what the person is like and their situations a LOT. Especially from the PM convos we have with members in moderation activities. Lots of real life drama there for instance. The Flame Zone is famous for being it's own eco-system. Foxfyre's "coffee shops" are the same deal.

There's a lot people are missing if you just come here for the bar fights. :rolleyes-41:
There is considerable difference between the Flame Zone headhunter's ball and Foxfyre's loving hospitality to all who can conduct themselves in a civil way. If you are unwell, she will put you on her prayer list until you tell her you are well. A lot of us pray silently for those on Foxfyre's list. She is an amazing USMB OP. There's no one quite like her. :thup:

How do you get to be a "beloved friend" on an opinion forum

In her case, it was by letting her beloved qualities shine through despite the limitations inherent in the form of interaction.

I do know that if I were to pass away, people would use some carefully-choern words to describe me as well. The words chosen wouldn't be beloved, certainly, but I'm sure they would reflect upon the many manifest qualities that shine through in my own postings.

In fact, I imagine the moderators here would show particular enthusiasm in doing so.

Forum List

Back