Zone1 Our beloved friend and moderator Kat has passed.

I'm gonna miss Kat. Even though we didn't always agree, she was always friendly and thoughtful when she responded to me. Matter of fact, she was one of the first ones to welcome me here when I first started posting on this site. And, later, when she started her own board, she invited me personally to sign up on her board. I really liked her. Not only for her sense of humor, but she also had some pretty decent insight on things and could post her opinion that disagreed with others without being disagreeable.

She was a good person, and will be missed here, as well as the other places where she touched and talked with others.

Yeah, Kat was one of the first ones who welcomed me here as well. I didn't get a chance to talk to her much, but I'm still really going to miss her as she was very nice to me. :(

Mostly happens outside of the noise and vitriol of the forums. Connecting in PMs. Sharing common interests, Acting like adult human beings. You cant assume you know much about them from their political arguments. I remember one small semi-private message board focused on training people to debate political issues that had a poster Alf. Wont comment much on what he SEEMED to be but turned out to be Al Franken just BEFORE he decided to successfully run for office.

You find out what the person is like and their situations a LOT. Especially from the PM convos we have with members in moderation activities. Lots of real life drama there for instance. The Flame Zone is famous for being it's own eco-system. Foxfyre's "coffee shops" are the same deal.

There's a lot people are missing if you just come here for the bar fights. :rolleyes-41:
It isn't a real forum when members get together with each other and moderators to discuss responses to topics. It's a freaking quilting circle. The noise and vitriol is reality. Moderation activities are bullshit.

It is with great sadness that I report that Kat, a friend to all of us, my personal friend, a dedicated USMB moderator, and one that has touched so many of our lives in a positive way passed on Saturday morning, September 4, 2022.

She will be greatly missed.

Our prayers and thoughts are with her husband and family.
oh no.....i have been posting with her for over ten years....she was great......
1664211693774.png

I think the other mods on here would do well to try and be more like her.

What happened how did she pass away? She seemed relatively young. So sad, I hope she is doing good now.
from reading all the replies to this thread Michelle420 seems like nobody knows.yes you are correct she was pretty young like only in her late 30's,thats why it is shocking.,this is the first i have heard of this.this does not surprise me really at all.i was expecting news like this sense there was a thread a year back or so talking about her being gone and she was sick and sense she never came back to post after that I had my suspecions.

Ok what I am about to do is for Kat, lilly , tiny dancer.

You will always be remembered in my heart I loved you all so much

Forum List

Back