Zone1 Our beloved friend and moderator Kat has passed.

Wow. I am sorry to hear that. I didn’t realize she had been sick, but I knew she had been absent quite a bit
I was partially aware for awhile, as I was in a Mod conversation on a matter where she was welcome back after being off, but no idea what it was. Like her, but did not know her well enough to think I had a right to ask and she and the mod who seemed be very aware did not say. Very sad.

It is with great sadness that I report that Kat, a friend to all of us, my personal friend, a dedicated USMB moderator, and one that has touched so many of our lives in a positive way passed on Saturday morning, September 4, 2022.

She will be greatly missed.

Our prayers and thoughts are with her husband and family.
She will be so missed, she was good friend, I knew her off USMB, and always kind and gracious….it is hard to believe she is gone.💔

So... It IS possible... To have a thread where no one is shitting on each other.... But the cost...

Yeah, sad when politics gets in the way of treating each other like human beings. I can't talk of course, since I'm guilty of this too.

It always makes it easier when you have something to remember someone by. This was the moment I will always remember...

https://www.usmessageboard.com/conversations/lol.2219736/#convMessage-2646279

I can't see it and probably because it's a conversation.

Oh and my condolences to her other friends and family members and sending virtual hugs their way. :smiliehug:

Kat was the sort of unofficial guardian angel of the Coffee Shop to keep it as intended, and the one I could count on to quickly and unobtrusively take care of the very rare problem when it occurred. I will have to say the other mods have stepped up for us when she hasn't been able to be as active here though, and I appreciate that a great deal. I will miss her terribly when I need somebody to have a heart to heart with. She was so special.
She really was.

Oh Foxie, I thought the world of her…but I had no idea she was so sick :(
I knew she was seriously ill--she and I had talked about it-- but it was after she died that I learned the severity of it, especially these last few months, and how, while she will be so very much missed, she is at peace now and free from all that.

It is with great sadness that I report that Kat, a friend to all of us, my personal friend, a dedicated USMB moderator, and one that has touched so many of our lives in a positive way passed on Saturday morning, September 4, 2022.

She will be greatly missed.

Our prayers and thoughts are with her husband and family.
I am truly sorry to hear this. My condolences to you all.

Yeah, sad when politics gets in the way of treating each other like human beings. I can't talk of course, since I'm guilty of this too.

I can't see it and probably because it's a conversation.
Politics never got in the way of my personal relationships with others.......course I can't say the same with others toward me that I know.

I had one classmate who married a communist.
She used to start yelling at me whenever I posted something on Facebook.
Most of the time I didn't talk about politics on Facebook because it would get in the way of my communications with friends and relatives.
I had to unfriend her because it was getting ridiculous and ugly....mostly coming from her. I would post a meme about Democrats and she would just go off on me.

Also had another classmate who I entered into a discussion with about how Joe Biden was the Golden Candidate with no flaws.
After we got done talking about Sleepy Joe I discovered that he had unfriended me.
I think he's probably eating alot of crow right now.

Forum List

Back