O'Reilly vindicated.

Williams has already been replaced and the new guy is getting great ratings. So, who will FOX pick to replace O'Reilly? Will they be able to find a replacement that will keep their viewers?
Jon Stewart might be looking for a job.

Yo, Kent State? Are you for real? He told his story, if you doubt it, research it?

"GTP"

Good piece here that explains how O'Reilly will *always* be vindicated - no matter what he says or does.

It's Magic!

Bill O Reilly and the Truthiness Defense - TIME

<snip>
"It’s no accident that O’Reilly was a chief inspiration for Stephen Colbert’s character on The Colbert Report, for whom he invented the concept of “truthiness”: that what your gut tells you is more important than what the literal facts say, that how the news feels is more important than what the news is.

Once you’re inside that No-Spin Zone, all arguments become political arguments. And any argument can be considered, and attacked, with the tactics of political ones: ad hominems, consider-the-source rebuttals, somebody-else-did-something-bad-once-too rebuttals, appeals to loyalty and the sense of persecution.

Like so: the original claim against O’Reilly came from Mother Jones. Mother Jones is a liberal magazine; therefore its argument is invalid and we don’t even need to consider it further. If anyone follows up on the report–CNN, the New York Times–they’re also liberal, because all the media outside Fox is liberal, therefore we can disregard them too. If anyone else joins in, they are by definition also liberal because they’re attacking Bill-O, QED.

The fact that charges exist becomes the best defense against the charges. Not only that, they only reinforce that O’Reilly is right: he has the right enemies, he must be on the right side. The liberal media claims Bill lied about being in a war zone? Well, what is a “war zone” anyway? Look at the footage he showed of demonstrators in the streets! That’s combat enough for me! Case closed.

It’s almost magic."

Read the full piece.

Yo, Kent State? Are you for real? He told his story, if you doubt it, research it?

"GTP"

Yo Vinny. Lummee ask you sump'm. How come you start every post with "yo"? Trying to make the pie lower here?

And Yo, what the fuck does "GTP" mean? Sump'm you put in your crankcase?

Yo.

blueyobig.jpg

I have no idea what all this is about (though I do know how to cook a nice falafel) -- apparently some remote he did?

Well I just wanna know one thing.

Did he DO IT LIVE!?

I missed the part of the video that showed Bill O'Reilly.

I find it difficult to watch Bill O'Reilly after he said 11 year old kidnap and rape victim had fun. He "liked" his circumstances.

seMissourian.com State News Devlin pleads guilty of kidnapping Shawn Hornbeck 10 09 07

After Shawn was abducted at gunpoint while riding his bike in rural Washington County, Devlin took the then-11-year-old to his apartment in suburban St. Louis where he repeatedly sexually assaulted the boy. Days later, Devlin took Shawn back to rural Washington County in his pickup truck, apparently intent on killing the boy.

He said he pulled Shawn from his truck and began to strangle him. Shawn resisted.

"I attempted to kill (Shawn) and he talked me out of it," Devlin said.

Devlin stopped the choking, but then sexually assaulted the boy again. Prosecutors say it was at that point that Shawn told Devlin he would do whatever was asked of him in order to stay alive.

"This boy made this contract, this deal with the devil, only to survive," Washington County prosecutor John Rupp said.

Bill O'Reilly has never apologized to Shawn Hornbeck. Shawn said his kidnapper said he would kill this child's parents if he left him.

Bill O'Reilly may be a typical Republican, but he is one disgusting and nasty person.

Yo, rdean? you said: "I missed the part of the video that showed Bill O'Reilly" but then you ramble on with lies? Which is it FOOL?

"GTP"

It doesn't matter how much evidence or how many people come forward to support O'Reilly, the left will dig in with their hare. That is what they do.
Nor does it matter how much evidence against O'reilly comes out. O'Reilly's supporters will not believe it. He has already been forgiven for being a pervert....lying - meh - no big deal.

My opinion - O'Reilly padded his resume and got caught. Not that big of a deal. Nowhere near the lack of integrity displayed by Brian Williams.

It is nice to see who believes what though...I find the hypocrisy on both sides to be quite amusing. I don't think either side would be able to tell the difference between fact and opinion if their life depended on it.

Well, if O'Reilly had lied, that must mean that the NBC NETWORK "News'" Anchor and Editor in Chief consistent LYING is just fine and peachy.

These modern American libs may be wooden in their "thinking" and transparent in their motivation (and fallacy-driven in their efforts to persuade) but at least they are pathetic and laughable.
Except the NBC guy doesn't know that CBS sent O'Lielly packing before the riots he is commenting on began.

One of my side's news guys engaged in Stolen Valor, and got caught at it, so now we've gotta throw rocks at one of your news guys. Nyaa, nyaa, nyaa, nyaa, nyaa...

Really?

"Corn and Engberg Claims About O’Reilly Both Politically, Personally Motivated"

Corn and Engberg Claims About O Reilly Both Politically Personally Motivated Mediaite
Did you notice on the video CBS released that O' Reilly showed on his show last night part of it was narrated by Engberg the same guy who is saying O'Reilly lied and was downplaying the situation in Buenos Aires at that time on facebook and CNN?
Except he was describing two different days. The riots on the video occurred on the night of the 15th, clearly marked on the video. The events O'Lielly made up about his cameraman he said occurred on the night of the surrender, which would have made it the night before, the 14th, when there were no riots. The next day, the 15th, CBS sent O'Lielly home, the riots were THAT night with O'Lielly long gone.

Bill O Reilly claims was injured in Argentina riots REFUSES to speak Daily Mail Online
All you have to do is get the video from CBS about what happened the night that they surrendered. The Argentinians, in Buenos Aires - it certainly was a war zone where bullets were being shot, people were going down.

Bill O Reilly claims was injured in Argentina riots REFUSES to speak Daily Mail Online
This confrontation led the next day to O'Reilly being ordered out of Argentina by the CBS bosses. Doyle had told them O'Reilly was a 'disruptive force' who threatened his bureau's morale and cohesion.

Good piece here that explains how O'Reilly will *always* be vindicated - no matter what he says or does.

It's Magic!

Bill O Reilly and the Truthiness Defense - TIME

<snip>
"It’s no accident that O’Reilly was a chief inspiration for Stephen Colbert’s character on The Colbert Report, for whom he invented the concept of “truthiness”: that what your gut tells you is more important than what the literal facts say, that how the news feels is more important than what the news is.

Once you’re inside that No-Spin Zone, all arguments become political arguments. And any argument can be considered, and attacked, with the tactics of political ones: ad hominems, consider-the-source rebuttals, somebody-else-did-something-bad-once-too rebuttals, appeals to loyalty and the sense of persecution.

Like so: the original claim against O’Reilly came from Mother Jones. Mother Jones is a liberal magazine; therefore its argument is invalid and we don’t even need to consider it further. If anyone follows up on the report–CNN, the New York Times–they’re also liberal, because all the media outside Fox is liberal, therefore we can disregard them too. If anyone else joins in, they are by definition also liberal because they’re attacking Bill-O, QED.

The fact that charges exist becomes the best defense against the charges. Not only that, they only reinforce that O’Reilly is right: he has the right enemies, he must be on the right side. The liberal media claims Bill lied about being in a war zone? Well, what is a “war zone” anyway? Look at the footage he showed of demonstrators in the streets! That’s combat enough for me! Case closed.

It’s almost magic."

Read the full piece.

No kidding, the narrative always exists. O'reilly said it was a "war zone" when it clearly wasn't. He lied but he is a conservative hero, he is infallible.

Forum List

Back