Oreilly Auto Parts is amazing!

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
So about 2 weeks ago my Dodge lost it's engine. A quarter million miles of heavy hauling finally ended my trucks life lol

So today I went to Oriellys to get a part for my other truck and I remembered I still had parts I bought FOUR YEARS ago to rebuild the front end suspension on the dodge. I inquired on the best way to sell them as they were never used and they said bring em in and we'll inspect them. I went and retrieved the parts and they gave me a 100% refund.

I was in total shock. The parts were still new but the packaging was trashed after 4 years. I did not expect that to even be a remote possibility.

So about 2 weeks ago my Dodge lost it's engine. A quarter million miles of heavy hauling finally ended my trucks life lol

So today I went to Oriellys to get a part for my other truck and I remembered I still had parts I bought FOUR YEARS ago to rebuild the front end suspension on the dodge. I inquired on the best way to sell them as they were never used and they said bring em in and we'll inspect them. I went and retrieved the parts and they gave me a 100% refund.

I was in total shock. The parts were still new but the packaging was trashed after 4 years. I did not expect that to even be a remote possibility.
That is cool!

• Banned

That is cool!
Agreed and totally unexpected. I was just asking to see if there was some online site I could use to get some value out of them. I ended up getting a new catalytic converter for half off.

I like O'reilly's for things like oil or windshield wipers.
Can't stand Auto Zone and the their cheap Chinese junk parts.
For serious OEM quality parts I go to NAPA .... :cool:

I go to a local mom and pop place that's been around since they start of time. They usually have what I need or can get rather quickly if they don't. We've known them for so long that were at my wedding and my sister's. lol

That is cool!
Agreed and totally unexpected. I was just asking to see if there was some online site I could use to get some value out of them. I ended up getting a new catalytic converter for half off.
Never realized what a catalytic converter could do to a vehicle, till I ruined a nice dang Mazda LX king cab (from back when they were real Mazdas, not Ford) pickup, by not having it properly diagnosed until it was too late. Dumb-Assed move on my part.

I like O'reilly's for things like oil or windshield wipers.
Can't stand Auto Zone and the their cheap Chinese junk parts.
For serious OEM quality parts I go to NAPA .... :cool:

I worked at a NAPA store for three years in college. Absolutely they sell better quality in general though they have a "Silverline" line which is cheaper.

That is cool!
Never realized what a catalytic converter could do to a vehicle, till I ruined a nice dang Mazda LX king cab (from back when they were real Mazdas, not Ford) pickup, by not having it properly diagnosed until it was too late. Dumb-Assed move on my part.
Yeah, mine just kicked the code a few days ago.
Was gonna just weld on a straight pipe but found out if I did that the o2 sensor would kick a constant code on the dash cluster. Don't wanna deal with that annoying shit.

What are you gonna do with the Dodge?

For certain car parts, like an air compressor, I go to the dealership and buy a new OEM one. Yes, it costs more, but it will last a lot longer than the rebuilds that are sold at all the auto parts store. ... :cool:

My O'Reilly's has had parts in stock that AutoZone and Advanced Auto and CarQuest have to order. Our NAPA stores have closed. So did our Pep Boys.

I’m guessing white privilege.

I’m guessing white privilege.
I think it was my sexy blue eyes!

Forum List

Back