Operating a large farm tractor 8 hours for one dollar

Only if we conveniently leave out all the cost of BUYING all the panels and hardware in the first place, INSTALLING all of it, then the continual UPKEEP, REPAIR and REPLACEMENT, as needed! :21:

Olfraud is an expert at leaving pesky little details like those out.

I would change that to:
  • Airplanes
  • Jets
  • Heavy commercial construction vehicles
  • Tractor Trailers, semis and 18 wheelers
will be the last if ever converted to EV.
As usual, you are way behind what is available right now. But "Conservatives" tend to be uninformed dumb asses. Semi's;

As usual, you are way behind what is available right now. But "Conservatives" tend to be uninformed dumb asses.

Dummkoff, that shit isn't even available on the market yet, still under test, so why waste one's time worrying about what hasn't even been proven or vetted much less adopted yet unless I was in the actual market shopping to BUY a tractor-trailer?

And as usual, you EVADE the original question.

JUST THE OPPOSITE. They will have maybe 50% more power and last maybe 20% longer, but the expense of the continuous mining, foreign competition, manufacturing, importing, recycling, shortages, market fluctuations, and meeting all of the government environmental mandates and restrictions then will be astronomical, driving the cost to 4X what we see even now.

Men will be poor, but the government and its select contractors will be rich beyond all dreams.
Oh my, woe is me, I think that I will just go out and eat worms. LOL Fellow, why don't you just give up on everything and go for a swim from here to Hawaii?

Air planes, first short range taxis, then, as batteries improve, longer range;

It took an electric plane months to circle the globe.

I do see short range air taxis coming along within the next few years, autonomous to save weight, and only useable in high population density regions, but actual airplanes? Not a chance in hell.

Dummkoff, that shit isn't even available on the market yet, still under test, so why waste one's time worrying about what hasn't even been proven or vetted much less adopted yet unless I was in the actual market shopping to BUY a tractor-trailer?

And as usual, you EVADE the original question.
In 2011, a luxury EV sedan was just a dream. By the end of 2012, there were some on the road. Today they are not even unusual. And there are several more EV's that one now sees everyday.

Air planes, first short range taxis, then, as batteries improve

Batteries improve? You mean store more power longer with less memory or losses in a smaller, lighter package that is safer, cheaper and easier to produce?

Just how far do you think battery efficiency can keep improving using essentially the same materials and technology and without drastically escalating costs?

Which do you imagine using:
  1. Element 115 used to power UFOs.
  2. PFM.
  3. Unobtanium from Dimension V.
Please let us know which form of psychoses you suffer from.
130-1308769_transparent-ufo-clipart-alien-spaceship-cartoon-png-png.jpg

It took an electric plane months to circle the globe.

I do see short range air taxis coming along within the next few years, autonomous to save weight, and only useable in high population density regions, but actual airplanes? Not a chance in hell.
The first circumnavigation of the globe was accomplished by a team of aviators from the US Army Air Force. It left Seattle on 6April1924. And landed in Seattle after completing the trip on 28Sept1924. It took the first circumnavigation of the globe in an ICE powered planes months to circle the globe.

The first circumnavigation of the globe was accomplished by a team of aviators from the US Army Air Force. It left Seattle on 6April1924. And landed in Seattle after completing the trip on 28Sept1924. It took the first circumnavigation of the globe in an ICE powered planes months to circle the globe.

Yeah, airplanes were NEW! Today airplanes are well developed.

DURRRR

Those are old school numbers. 50 years ago on the farm they claimed cars use 30%, semi trucks 60% & farm tractors 90% of capacity. Since then capacity has greatly increased. Now I can drop the scraper into the ground with the tractor in the highest speed road transport gear and the tractor engine will maintain RPM as the heavily weighted fluid filled wheels continue to spin at full speed while all foreword progress has halted. They now have much more capacity than is being utilized. I have spun the rim inside the tires of 4WD Tractor with Duals all around as all 8 wheels were spinning pulling the scraper.

Capacity has greatly increased but physics is still the same and plowing still requires a lot of energy.

Electric Vehicles require more fossil fuels from start to finish than gasoline-powered vehicles. Add another 30 hps or so, you have an ecological nightmare of procurment of fossil fuels used to create and expel fossil fuels into the atmosphere, even if it is 100 kilometers away, which costs yet more loss of fuels to transport to the machine out on the farm.

EV dreamers need to wake up. They're dumber than a box of rocks if they continue on with the delusion that they are saving the planet. :cranky: My late husband, one of the top electrical engineers in his field and would roll over in his grave if he knew how stupidly insane environmentalists who are confused about the energy fuel it takes to generate electricity. It is staggering, and this environmental hoax is hiding behind plants that are far away from the public view in order to line their greedy pockets with the lie that somehow, electricity magically generates itself. It doesn't. It takes more coal and/or other fuel that comes FROM the earth than one-use gasoline in the tank of an "outdated" tractor that uses about a quarter of the fuel it takes to run electricity from a remote location over wires that lose electricity in droves to a box that uses more electricity to go through expensive means (in the expenditure of yet more fossil fuel) to reach the farmer's tractor.

What a greedy racket. Charge the farmer with untenable expenses, and use more fossil fuels to get it to a remote farm than it would by fueling ten "outdated" gas hogs. Electricity used foolishly as the amount it takes to arrive at its destinaiton will cost the planet, not save it, and you think we're running out of fuel now? Yeah, sure. This reminds me of how Al Gore was going to save the planet with a disproportionate use of lying to make something happen that would drain resources almost as fast as this lulu.

Consumers will be electrocuted in the pockets as well. And the Chinese will keep using people to till the ground at no expense to the earth since their end products go back into the soil to grow more plants the natural way. :rolleyes-41:

And windmills kill of birds in terms of billions if you go that route. Birds produce manure that has fed the earth's forests for free if they are there. Take them out, our planet is a goner. And sun collectors on top of everybody's home? Global warming ain't seen nothin' yet.

Well now, if that farmer has solar panels, that sounds completely reasonable.

Why do you hate farmers so much and want them to go broke? Just imagine how many solar panels a farmer needs to charge a 100 kWh tractor battery in, say, 4 hours?

About the aircraft, the fossil fuel aircraft has one advanced feature during flight, the engine burns the fuel and the weight of the aircraft becomes smaller in relation to the weight before takeoff.

Why do you hate farmers so much and want them to go broke? Just imagine how many solar panels a farmer needs to charge a 100 kWh tractor battery in, say, 4 hours?
$10k will buy 20kw of solar panels that will charge that tractor in 5hrs. That tractor battery can also power the farm for days with or without solar charging it.

Rural electric companies charge over $600/year just to have electric available, plus 16 cents per kw/h, which is 50% higher than average. So installing solar will save them over $2,500/yr.

Last edited:
$10k will buy 20kw of solar panels that will charge that tractor in 5hrs. That tractor battery can also power the farm for days with or without solar charging it.
Even if the solar panels produce a real 20kWh, the charging efficiency will be 70% at best. And again capacity factor for solar energy 30% at best.

What about the cost of the battery bank that needs to be in excess 100kw to charge the tractor at night? Most farmers use their tractors during the day and solar panels don't work at night.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back