Operating a large farm tractor 8 hours for one dollar

I dont think we can be SO CERTAIN what the future will hold

maybe hydrogen, maybe not

personally if hydrogen were available I would be happy with an internal combustion engine

I have no fixed preference

whatever works best

Hydrogen fuel cells work on the basis of creating an electrical charge so in many ways it is similar to a battery except that hydrogen does not add additional for long distance travel that batteries would require, and refueling hydrogen fuel cells is a matter of minutes not hours like batteries.

Internal combustion engines that use hydrogen are showing potential but most of the focus is presently on hydrogen fuel cells.

Wrong! - Most row crop Farmers have a day job to subsidize their farming habit. Thanks to lights & GPS, tilling, planting, cultivating, fertilizing & spraying can get done at night. Most harvesting & roundup application is best after noon during the hottest part of the day.

Damn it I have to go tell the farmers in my area they are doing it wrong. Too fcking funny.

Hydrogen fuel cells work on the basis of creating an electrical charge so in many ways it is similar to a battery except that hydrogen does not add additional for long distance travel that batteries would require, and refueling hydrogen fuel cells is a matter of minutes not hours like batteries.

Internal combustion engines that use hydrogen are showing potential but most of the focus is presently on hydrogen fuel cells.

Here’s deal

our hydrogen powered cars are already on the road by the million with very little modification needed to switch from gasoline to hydrogen

but even more interesting is biogas made from food scraps or any biodegradable substance

Here’s deal

our hydrogen powered cars are already on the road by the million with very little modification needed to switch from gasoline to hydrogen

but even more interesting is biogas made from food scraps or any biodegradable substance

I don't disagree with you. I drive a diesel van and am happy with it. The trend however is towards "zero" emissions and some of the biggest car manufacturers have already come out to say they will no longer produce internal combustion engines (mostly in Europe). Chrysler which is owned by Fiat is going all electric and GM has promised all its cars will be zero emissions (no internal combustion engines) by 2040.

Add to this government regulations and increasing fuel costs (government taxes) and it is apparent that politicians are pushing for electric vehicles. If my choice is limited to battery or hydrogen fuel cell, I will go with hydrogen.

"GM has said it will stop selling gas-powered vehicles by 2040 and has committed to spend $35 billion on electric and autonomous vehicles by 2025. California has said it wants to ban the sale of new internal combustion engine vehicles by 2035. To date, 14 other states have adopted its progressive zero-emission vehicle program for passenger vehicles, which was launched in the early 1990s and has spurred automakers into developing hybrid and fully electric cars."

Forum List

Back