CR determines EV's have crappy reliability

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
More bad news from CR Magazine regarding EV reliability compared to conventional cars.

EVs are the least reliable vehicle type: Consumer Reports points to some problem areas

Which is exactly why most Americans not interested in buying them. Throw in boring styling and high cost = lOsE

Sucks for the EV cheerleaders who will come in here and post Tesla sales...but forget to mention the 14 million gas powered cars that will be sold this year :hello77:

"in-car electronics, noises and leaks, power equipment, climate system, body hardware, drive system, and paint and trim,"

"drive system" is the one to watch.

The rest are just quality control failures. I bought a Ford truck. The door seal came loose, and I had to take it back to the dealer to get it fixed. That would be a "leak."

"in-car electronics, noises and leaks, power equipment, climate system, body hardware, drive system, and paint and trim,"

"drive system" is the one to watch.

The rest are just quality control failures. I bought a Ford truck. The door seal came loose, and I had to take it back to the dealer to get it fixed. That would be a "leak."

Lol....we have Tesla owners burning their cars to the ground in public because owners take their cars in for service and are given the "Fcuk You!" treatment.

Most of the EV Cheerleaders have never even been inside a Tesla :coffee: I have.

The interiors are garbage...early 1990's Chevy fit and finish.

The guy who tunes my Mustang bought a Model X Sport. Took me for a ride. Jaw dropping acceleration.
But he pointed out the interior body panel fittament....a joke.
Gaps...poor alignment...in a 55K car. :pinkygirly:

Survey Says New EVs are Less Reliable Than Internal Combustion Engine Models: Wait, What? - autoevolution
Survey Says New EVs are Less Reliable Than Internal Combustion Engine Models: Wait, What?

autoevolution main content sections - autoevolution

FEATURE EV Month

Survey Says New EVs are Less Reliable Than Internal Combustion Engine Models: Wait, What?​

3 Mar 2022, 12:24 UTC · By Sergiu Tudose
Study says new battery electric vehicles aren't as reliable as some people think

6 PHOTOS

INDUSTRY
Take this with a pinch of salt but it’s possible that new electric cars may be less reliable than their gasoline and diesel-powered counterparts, according to a survey conducted by consumer group ‘Which?’, who found that 31% of EV owners reported a problem with their zero-emissions vehicles in its first four years.

That right there is a very interesting statistic, especially when compared to the 19% who had problems with gasoline cars, and the 29% that had problems with diesels. Another way to look at things would be that EVs are about as reliable as diesel-powered cars.
The same survey also found that faulty electric vehicles take more time to get fixed – five days, compared to just three days for gasoline cars and four days for diesel cars. This kind of contradicts the common perception that EVs are more reliable than ICE cars because they have fewer moving parts.

Survey Says New EVs are Less Reliable Than Internal Combustion Engine Models: Wait, What? - autoevolution
Survey Says New EVs are Less Reliable Than Internal Combustion Engine Models: Wait, What?

autoevolution main content sections - autoevolution

FEATURE EV Month

Survey Says New EVs are Less Reliable Than Internal Combustion Engine Models: Wait, What?​

3 Mar 2022, 12:24 UTC · By Sergiu Tudose
Study says new battery electric vehicles aren't as reliable as some people think't as reliable as some people think

6 PHOTOS

INDUSTRY
Take this with a pinch of salt but it’s possible that new electric cars may be less reliable than their gasoline and diesel-powered counterparts, according to a survey conducted by consumer group ‘Which?’, who found that 31% of EV owners reported a problem with their zero-emissions vehicles in its first four years.

That right there is a very interesting statistic, especially when compared to the 19% who had problems with gasoline cars, and the 29% that had problems with diesels. Another way to look at things would be that EVs are about as reliable as diesel-powered cars.
The same survey also found that faulty electric vehicles take more time to get fixed – five days, compared to just three days for gasoline cars and four days for diesel cars. This kind of contradicts the common perception that EVs are more reliable than ICE cars because they have fewer moving parts.
A large part of the EV budget goes on the motor and batteries, so to keep the overall price down (but still an extortionate overall ticket price), the features given and interior are dumbed down to basic plastic trim etc.. Simply put, EV's are a backwards step, back to steam engine days.

A large part of the EV budget goes on the motor and batteries, so to keep the overall price down (but still an extortionate overall ticket price), the features given and interior are dumbed down to basic plastic trim etc.. Simply put, EV's are a backwards step, back to steam engine days.

Correct...go for a ride in somebody's Tesla 3. When I did, the owner even pointed out to me how the dashboard fitament was crap. Body integrity and interior quality are worse than Dodge. F'ing Dodge! :coffee: Same as Nissan....the lifespan of things like glovebox handles about 2 years before they snap off!! These are crappy cars....consumer advocate organization's have nailed Tesla...routinely.:bye1::bye1:

Forum List

Back