Open letter published to fight "Cancel Culture"

I can't think of a single reason to have voted for Trump or Hillary. Not a one.
Then maybe you are lazy and really should do better. But really i think you are just lying.

Think what you want.
It's not an opinion. You are either very lazy or lying.

Lol....it's funny how bent out of shape some people get because everyone hasn't bought into the idea that they have to choose one of the lousy candidates from the two failed parties.
Your off-base ad hominem shows that you are the one getting bent out of shape. I would love for there to be more viable candidates. I didn't invent the current system or the mathematical certainties that come with it. I have made no value judgments to the effect of, "This is how it should be, the status quo!". But you made that up in your head anyway, because you are bent out of shape.

Want viable third party candidates? Then make elections publicly funded.

Pe
Thank goodness. It's about time some well-known voices spoke out against "Cancel Culture".

The letter addressed the nationwide Black Lives Matter protests and calls to defund the police — acknowledging that the demands are over due while warning against cancel culture and being intolerant of differences.

“But this needed reckoning has also intensified a new set of moral attitudes and political commitments that tend to weaken our norms of open debate and toleration of differences in favor of ideological conformity,” the letter read. “The democratic inclusion we want can be achieved only if we speak out against the intolerant climate that has set in on all sides.”

The letter warned that liberals are forming their own version of censorship, one that President Donald Trump and “right-wing demagogues” thrive off of.

“This stifling atmosphere will ultimately harm the most vital causes of our time,” the letter added. “The restriction of debate, whether by a repressive government or an intolerant society, invariably hurts those who lack power and makes everyone less capable of democratic participation.”

srp99F0.gif

e111c1c11d4b5b9aaed63b03a4da25bb.jpg
ople always seem to go too far....

Then maybe you are lazy and really should do better. But really i think you are just lying.

Think what you want.
It's not an opinion. You are either very lazy or lying.

Lol....it's funny how bent out of shape some people get because everyone hasn't bought into the idea that they have to choose one of the lousy candidates from the two failed parties.
Your off-base ad hominem shows that you are the one getting bent out of shape. I would love for there to be more viable candidates. I didn't invent the current system or the mathematical certainties that come with it. I have made no value judgments to the effect of, "This is how it should be, the status quo!". But you made that up in your head anyway, because you are bent out of shape.

Want viable third party candidates? Then make elections publicly funded.

That's fine with me. Until then I will always vote for who I feel is the best candidate.

Think what you want.

I don't see how supporters of democracy can deny the damage that LO2E does to the system. The whole concept of democracy depends on people honestly expressing their opinion via their votes. If the votes are distorted from the outset - how can we hope for anything but a distorted outcome?

I think the problem is that neither side respects democracy. They don't want the results of the election to reflect the will of the people. They just want to win and they're willing to corrupt the system to do so.

Last edited:
Thank goodness. It's about time some well-known voices spoke out against "Cancel Culture".

The letter addressed the nationwide Black Lives Matter protests and calls to defund the police — acknowledging that the demands are over due while warning against cancel culture and being intolerant of differences.

“But this needed reckoning has also intensified a new set of moral attitudes and political commitments that tend to weaken our norms of open debate and toleration of differences in favor of ideological conformity,” the letter read. “The democratic inclusion we want can be achieved only if we speak out against the intolerant climate that has set in on all sides.”

The letter warned that liberals are forming their own version of censorship, one that President Donald Trump and “right-wing demagogues” thrive off of.

“This stifling atmosphere will ultimately harm the most vital causes of our time,” the letter added. “The restriction of debate, whether by a repressive government or an intolerant society, invariably hurts those who lack power and makes everyone less capable of democratic participation.”

srp99F0.gif

e111c1c11d4b5b9aaed63b03a4da25bb.jpg

Real liberals want discussion and debate, the
Regressive left wants it their way or no way. The best friend of a real liberal is a real conservative, those are two, almost extinct. I am ashamed in what America has become.
JK Rowling, for exanple, is invited to come out of her basement and have a discussion or debate. Instead she used her bully pulpit, then ran and hid. Not that i disagree with what you are saying, because i don't.

I have tried to discuss racial issues on this board and if I disagree with any part of it, I’m a racist and support white supremacy and systemic racism. That is wrong, that doesn’t open dialogue, that doesn’t open understanding or allow for agreement. I understand the meaning of wanting statues torn down, they way it is being brought about is wrong.

No one can disagree, no one can have an opinion, no one can voice opposition or you risk losing everything because on intolerance. Do we just drive racism underground and increase hate and racism or would it be better to have an open honest discussion?

Think what you want.

I don't see how supporters of democracy can deny the damage that LO2E does to the system. The whole concept of democracy depends on people honestly express their opinion via their votes. If the votes are distorted from the outset - how can we hope for anything but a distorted outcome?

I think the problem is that neither side respects democracy. They don't want the results of the election to reflect the will of the people. They just want to win and they're willing to corrupt the system to do so.

The argument has been for a long time to vote for the lesser evil. The lesser evil is still evil and that's what we get when we do that.

The argument has been for a long time to vote for the lesser evil. The lesser evil is still evil and that's what we get when we do that.
That's what you are going to get whether you vote or shit yourself. Because that is the system you currently have. Time to adult, sir.

That's fine with me. Until then I will always vote for who I feel is the best candidate.
No, you just think you are, because you are in denial of mathematical facts you cannot change.. You are actually voting for the one of the major two candidates you least prefer.

I least preferred Hillary last time. Trump at the least was the unknown. I voted for Stein. Now tell me how I voted for my least preferred candidate.

That's what you are going to get whether you vote or shit yourself. Because that is the system you currently have. Time to adult, sir.

Sure. We are going to get that again. Nothing I can do to stop that.

Nothing I can do to stop that.
Then stop pretending you are doing something to stop it. Way to run head first into the point and miss it anyway.

I'm not claiming I am. I am simply claiming that I will vote for the best candidate regardless.
And your claim is incorrect, as your vote is actually a net vote for whoever you think is the worst candidate. You are simply not going to soothe your way out of this.

Only a dipshit like you commie fucks would believe that allowing people from China to come over here where the Wuhan flu was released to begin with is "racist".

Sure it was. If you were a white businessman in China, they let you back in, and that's how TRUMP PLAGUE got into the country. Funny thing about viruses... unlike you and Trump, they aren't racist. They don't care who they infect.

o why have you a voided the fact that 5 blue state governors insisted that COVID positive patients that showed no symptoms were quarantined in nursing homes?

Um, that's where they lived, dummy. The hospitals were overwealmed.

South Vietnam has NO deaths from COVID-19.

South Vietnam? There hasn't been a South Vietnam since 1975. I am assuming you mean South Korea, but let's look at that. Yes, South Korea and Japan have had very few Covid Deaths, because they took the actions Trump refused to take. There are a few cultural things. Japanese don't great each other by hugging, kissing or shaking hands... they just do that little bowing thing. They are also a culture where people routinely wear masks when they are out in public long before there was a Covid issue. In short, they were ALREADY doing the things to prevent the spread of the virus.

India that has almost three times the population of America has only accredited 20,000 deaths to this all encompassing virus? Taiwan, only 7 deaths? Bangladesh with a population of 162 million only have around 2,200 hundred deaths?

None of those places have the mobility our society has to spread it,and their leaders, unlike Trump, took it seriously from the start.

The thing you don't get... we failed miserably at containing this, because, fuck, we're AMERICANS. We don't listen to no one.

I wouldn't bet on that just yet. As I recall, you were CERTAIN that the Hildebeast was a sure bet in 2016.

She beat Trump by 3 million votes. Americans forgot the Electoral College is a thing, so that was a problem. This time, we won't. Then hopefully, after this election, we'll abolish the electoral college.

But for all your Screaming about "Communism", the fact is, Trump has brought Ruin on many Americans. 40 million unemployed and 135,000 dead. We've thrown out better men for a lot less.

The Faustian Bargain with Trump is "Ignore the racism, the misogyny, the corruption, the fact he is in bed with Putin. The economy is awesome and that's all that counts...."

Well, those things aren't true anymore. Trump fails the basic Reagan Question. "Are you better off than you were four years ago?" I'm not. Most of us aren't.

The most revealing facts that "Pedo-Joe" and his actions around female S.S agents and his penchant for grabbing young girls to "smell" their hair hasn't been made a public spectacle....yet. It hasn't even got interesting yet

Okay, buddy, you tried that route.. and all you came up with was a serial con-woman named Tara Reade (this week, the woman has changed her name so many times they had a hard time tracking her down). So you have one con woman who has already been discredited vs. 25 women who've accused Trump of rape or sexual assault. Good luck with that one.

It hasn't even got interesting yet and once this COVID-19 scare is revealed for the psy-op that it is and perpetuated by the commie left?

Guy, you know what, I'm not sure what is going on in St. Petersburg, but Covid-19 is a real thing in this country. Thousands have died and millions have lost their jobs. Trump can rant like a Q-Anon loon, but at the end of the day, he's getting thrown out on his can, and even he is starting to realize it.

Why would governors be fine and mandate that COVID-19 positive patients be allowed in nursing homes for quarantine unless there was a hidden agenda....like to inflate the numbers and collect money from Medi-Caid/Medi-Care?

"None of those places have the mobility our society has to spread it,and their leaders, unlike Trump, took it seriously from the start" but yet they are closely quartered and you claim that they cannot travel from town to town? What precautions did they take that wasn't used in America, Italy, France, etc, etc and why did these particular "blue states" have such huge "death numbers"? Hmmmmm?

"She beat Trump by 3 million votes. Americans forgot the Electoral College is a thing, so that was a problem. This time, we won't. Then hopefully, after this election, we'll abolish the electoral college".

Fourteen of the meager 20 states she carried had no voter ID law in place and we know from Project Veritas that the plan to vote early and often was being put in operation including busing people from one place to another. Shall I post the undercover videos? Counties in Commiefornia had 120 percent "voter turnout? Same thing in Wayne Country in Michigan and Broward county in Florida was rife with voter fraud where they were filling out absentee ballots behind closed doors...fortunately The will of the voter won out in Michigan and Florida. Leftards have no issue with cheating because the commie mantra is "The ends justifies the means".

COVID-19 is real but hype has been over the top. Like I stated , Illinois's death rate from Covid-19 is less than .07 percent and that is if the 7,200 deaths were actually from succumbing to this illness. So, for this we shut down the entire country? How many of these deaths were due to placing infected people in with the elderly that are the most prone?

Why would governors be fine and mandate that COVID-19 positive patients be allowed in nursing homes for quarantine unless there was a hidden agenda....like to inflate the numbers and collect money from Medi-Caid/Medi-Care?
Because that is where facilities exist that can provide the care they need, ya moron.

Only a dipshit like you commie fucks would believe that allowing people from China to come over here where the Wuhan flu was released to begin with is "racist".

Sure it was. If you were a white businessman in China, they let you back in, and that's how TRUMP PLAGUE got into the country. Funny thing about viruses... unlike you and Trump, they aren't racist. They don't care who they infect.

o why have you a voided the fact that 5 blue state governors insisted that COVID positive patients that showed no symptoms were quarantined in nursing homes?

South Vietnam? There hasn't been a South Vietnam since 1975. I am assuming you mean South Korea, but let's look at that. Yes, South Korea and Japan have had very few Covid Deaths, because they took the actions Trump refused to take. There are a few cultural things. Japanese don't great each other by hugging, kissing or shaking hands... they just do that little bowing thing. They are also a culture where people routinely wear masks when they are out in public long before there was a Covid issue. In short, they were ALREADY doing the things to prevent the spread of the virus.

India that has almost three times the population of America has only accredited 20,000 deaths to this all encompassing virus? Taiwan, only 7 deaths? Bangladesh with a population of 162 million only have around 2,200 hundred deaths?

None of those places have the mobility our society has to spread it,and their leaders, unlike Trump, took it seriously from the start.

The thing you don't get... we failed miserably at containing this, because, fuck, we're AMERICANS. We don't listen to no one.

I wouldn't bet on that just yet. As I recall, you were CERTAIN that the Hildebeast was a sure bet in 2016.

She beat Trump by 3 million votes. Americans forgot the Electoral College is a thing, so that was a problem. This time, we won't. Then hopefully, after this election, we'll abolish the electoral college.

But for all your Screaming about "Communism", the fact is, Trump has brought Ruin on many Americans. 40 million unemployed and 135,000 dead. We've thrown out better men for a lot less.

The Faustian Bargain with Trump is "Ignore the racism, the misogyny, the corruption, the fact he is in bed with Putin. The economy is awesome and that's all that counts...."

Well, those things aren't true anymore. Trump fails the basic Reagan Question. "Are you better off than you were four years ago?" I'm not. Most of us aren't.

The most revealing facts that "Pedo-Joe" and his actions around female S.S agents and his penchant for grabbing young girls to "smell" their hair hasn't been made a public spectacle....yet. It hasn't even got interesting yet

Okay, buddy, you tried that route.. and all you came up with was a serial con-woman named Tara Reade (this week, the woman has changed her name so many times they had a hard time tracking her down). So you have one con woman who has already been discredited vs. 25 women who've accused Trump of rape or sexual assault. Good luck with that one.

It hasn't even got interesting yet and once this COVID-19 scare is revealed for the psy-op that it is and perpetuated by the commie left?

Guy, you know what, I'm not sure what is going on in St. Petersburg, but Covid-19 is a real thing in this country. Thousands have died and millions have lost their jobs. Trump can rant like a Q-Anon loon, but at the end of the day, he's getting thrown out on his can, and even he is starting to realize it.

"None of those places have the mobility our society has to spread it,and their leaders, unlike Trump, took it seriously from the start" but yet they are closely quartered and you claim that they cannot travel from town to town? What precautions did they take that wasn't used in America, Italy, France, etc, etc and why did these particular "blue states" have such huge "death numbers"? Hmmmmm?

"She beat Trump by 3 million votes. Americans forgot the Electoral College is a thing, so that was a problem. This time, we won't. Then hopefully, after this election, we'll abolish the electoral college".

The problem with this is that she won California by 4 million votes. Take one state out of the equation and she even loses the popular vote.

Because that is where facilities exist that can provide the care they need, ya moron.
So what are hospitals for, dumb ass? Empty hospital beds and yet they saved those beds and put infected people to integrate with the elderly and putting them at risk.......so whom is the "moron", dipshit?

The problem with this is that she won California by 4 million votes. Take one state out of the equation and she even loses the popular vote.
Sorry, that's specious. By the same, very poor reasoning, you can argue that just one county in each of two swing states that gave the EC victory to trump accounted for the entire margin of Trump's victory in each of those States, therefore two counties decided the president for everyone.

That's one thing about useless fallacies...you can use them to argue a point then use the same fallacy to argue against that point.

Forum List

Back