Open letter published to fight "Cancel Culture"

Only a dipshit like you commie fucks would believe that allowing people from China to come over here where the Wuhan flu was released to begin with is "racist".

Sure it was. If you were a white businessman in China, they let you back in, and that's how TRUMP PLAGUE got into the country. Funny thing about viruses... unlike you and Trump, they aren't racist. They don't care who they infect.

o why have you a voided the fact that 5 blue state governors insisted that COVID positive patients that showed no symptoms were quarantined in nursing homes?

Um, that's where they lived, dummy. The hospitals were overwealmed.

South Vietnam has NO deaths from COVID-19.

South Vietnam? There hasn't been a South Vietnam since 1975. I am assuming you mean South Korea, but let's look at that. Yes, South Korea and Japan have had very few Covid Deaths, because they took the actions Trump refused to take. There are a few cultural things. Japanese don't great each other by hugging, kissing or shaking hands... they just do that little bowing thing. They are also a culture where people routinely wear masks when they are out in public long before there was a Covid issue. In short, they were ALREADY doing the things to prevent the spread of the virus.

India that has almost three times the population of America has only accredited 20,000 deaths to this all encompassing virus? Taiwan, only 7 deaths? Bangladesh with a population of 162 million only have around 2,200 hundred deaths?

None of those places have the mobility our society has to spread it,and their leaders, unlike Trump, took it seriously from the start.

The thing you don't get... we failed miserably at containing this, because, fuck, we're AMERICANS. We don't listen to no one.

I wouldn't bet on that just yet. As I recall, you were CERTAIN that the Hildebeast was a sure bet in 2016.

She beat Trump by 3 million votes. Americans forgot the Electoral College is a thing, so that was a problem. This time, we won't. Then hopefully, after this election, we'll abolish the electoral college.

But for all your Screaming about "Communism", the fact is, Trump has brought Ruin on many Americans. 40 million unemployed and 135,000 dead. We've thrown out better men for a lot less.

The Faustian Bargain with Trump is "Ignore the racism, the misogyny, the corruption, the fact he is in bed with Putin. The economy is awesome and that's all that counts...."

Well, those things aren't true anymore. Trump fails the basic Reagan Question. "Are you better off than you were four years ago?" I'm not. Most of us aren't.

The most revealing facts that "Pedo-Joe" and his actions around female S.S agents and his penchant for grabbing young girls to "smell" their hair hasn't been made a public spectacle....yet. It hasn't even got interesting yet

Okay, buddy, you tried that route.. and all you came up with was a serial con-woman named Tara Reade (this week, the woman has changed her name so many times they had a hard time tracking her down). So you have one con woman who has already been discredited vs. 25 women who've accused Trump of rape or sexual assault. Good luck with that one.

It hasn't even got interesting yet and once this COVID-19 scare is revealed for the psy-op that it is and perpetuated by the commie left?

Guy, you know what, I'm not sure what is going on in St. Petersburg, but Covid-19 is a real thing in this country. Thousands have died and millions have lost their jobs. Trump can rant like a Q-Anon loon, but at the end of the day, he's getting thrown out on his can, and even he is starting to realize it.

Why would governors be fine and mandate that COVID-19 positive patients be allowed in nursing homes for quarantine unless there was a hidden agenda....like to inflate the numbers and collect money from Medi-Caid/Medi-Care?

"None of those places have the mobility our society has to spread it,and their leaders, unlike Trump, took it seriously from the start" but yet they are closely quartered and you claim that they cannot travel from town to town? What precautions did they take that wasn't used in America, Italy, France, etc, etc and why did these particular "blue states" have such huge "death numbers"? Hmmmmm?

"She beat Trump by 3 million votes. Americans forgot the Electoral College is a thing, so that was a problem. This time, we won't. Then hopefully, after this election, we'll abolish the electoral college".

The problem with this is that she won California by 4 million votes. Take one state out of the equation and she even loses the popular vote.
Sorry, that's specious. By the same, very poor reasoning, you can argue that just one county in each of two swing states that gave the EC victory to trump accounted for the entire margin of Trump's victory in each of those States, therefore two counties decided the president for everyone.

That's one thing about useless fallacies...you can use them to argue a point then use the same fallacy to argue against that point.

It's simply something to note.

Only a dipshit like you commie fucks would believe that allowing people from China to come over here where the Wuhan flu was released to begin with is "racist".

Sure it was. If you were a white businessman in China, they let you back in, and that's how TRUMP PLAGUE got into the country. Funny thing about viruses... unlike you and Trump, they aren't racist. They don't care who they infect.

o why have you a voided the fact that 5 blue state governors insisted that COVID positive patients that showed no symptoms were quarantined in nursing homes?

South Vietnam? There hasn't been a South Vietnam since 1975. I am assuming you mean South Korea, but let's look at that. Yes, South Korea and Japan have had very few Covid Deaths, because they took the actions Trump refused to take. There are a few cultural things. Japanese don't great each other by hugging, kissing or shaking hands... they just do that little bowing thing. They are also a culture where people routinely wear masks when they are out in public long before there was a Covid issue. In short, they were ALREADY doing the things to prevent the spread of the virus.

India that has almost three times the population of America has only accredited 20,000 deaths to this all encompassing virus? Taiwan, only 7 deaths? Bangladesh with a population of 162 million only have around 2,200 hundred deaths?

None of those places have the mobility our society has to spread it,and their leaders, unlike Trump, took it seriously from the start.

The thing you don't get... we failed miserably at containing this, because, fuck, we're AMERICANS. We don't listen to no one.

I wouldn't bet on that just yet. As I recall, you were CERTAIN that the Hildebeast was a sure bet in 2016.

She beat Trump by 3 million votes. Americans forgot the Electoral College is a thing, so that was a problem. This time, we won't. Then hopefully, after this election, we'll abolish the electoral college.

But for all your Screaming about "Communism", the fact is, Trump has brought Ruin on many Americans. 40 million unemployed and 135,000 dead. We've thrown out better men for a lot less.

The Faustian Bargain with Trump is "Ignore the racism, the misogyny, the corruption, the fact he is in bed with Putin. The economy is awesome and that's all that counts...."

Well, those things aren't true anymore. Trump fails the basic Reagan Question. "Are you better off than you were four years ago?" I'm not. Most of us aren't.

The most revealing facts that "Pedo-Joe" and his actions around female S.S agents and his penchant for grabbing young girls to "smell" their hair hasn't been made a public spectacle....yet. It hasn't even got interesting yet

Okay, buddy, you tried that route.. and all you came up with was a serial con-woman named Tara Reade (this week, the woman has changed her name so many times they had a hard time tracking her down). So you have one con woman who has already been discredited vs. 25 women who've accused Trump of rape or sexual assault. Good luck with that one.

It hasn't even got interesting yet and once this COVID-19 scare is revealed for the psy-op that it is and perpetuated by the commie left?

Guy, you know what, I'm not sure what is going on in St. Petersburg, but Covid-19 is a real thing in this country. Thousands have died and millions have lost their jobs. Trump can rant like a Q-Anon loon, but at the end of the day, he's getting thrown out on his can, and even he is starting to realize it.

Why would governors be fine and mandate that COVID-19 positive patients be allowed in nursing homes for quarantine unless there was a hidden agenda....like to inflate the numbers and collect money from Medi-Caid/Medi-Care?

"None of those places have the mobility our society has to spread it,and their leaders, unlike Trump, took it seriously from the start" but yet they are closely quartered and you claim that they cannot travel from town to town? What precautions did they take that wasn't used in America, Italy, France, etc, etc and why did these particular "blue states" have such huge "death numbers"? Hmmmmm?

"She beat Trump by 3 million votes. Americans forgot the Electoral College is a thing, so that was a problem. This time, we won't. Then hopefully, after this election, we'll abolish the electoral college".

The problem with this is that she won California by 4 million votes. Take one state out of the equation and she even loses the popular vote.
And also a fallacy.
So what are hospitals for,
To accept new patients. Hard to do, when the beds are full. . Gotdamn you are stupid.
The problem is that they were NOT full, dumb ass.....
Right idiot, it would have been very stupid to wait until they were. Otherwise know as, a Dale Smith idea.

And also a fallacy.
So what are hospitals for,
To accept new patients. Hard to do, when the beds are full. . Gotdamn you are stupid.
The problem is that they were NOT full, dumb ass.....
Right idiot, it would have been very stupid to wait until they were. Otherwise know as, a Dale Smith idea.

You are so void of facts that it's causing me to feel pity for you. I will fight that feeling at all costs and simply laugh at your ignorance and blatant stupidity.

Freedom of speech and expression is the most LIBERAL of ALL our values.

It's ILLIBERAL to distort it.

Replying is NOT distorting it.
Yes, I'll say it again: The problem is the punishment and intimidation.

We just have two different definitions of freedom of expression.
That's also known as retaliation and in some cases is unlawful.
I'd rather see it fade away culturally and keep the government out of it.

It's illiberal.
Are you saying that you expect people to self-regulate?
What I'm saying is that freedom of speech and expression is the most LIBERAL of all of our values, and that I support it.

So, I agree with Noam Chomsky on this and other issues.

Examples of others who agree with me:

Emeyw5m.gif

Where has the government gotten involved and where has anyone stopped her (and others) from saying whatever they want?
Never, that I'm aware of. And, of course, I have made it abundantly clear already that that is not my point.

You're fine with it. I agree with President Obama, Bernie Sanders, Liz Warren, Noam Chomsky, Salman freakin' Rushdie and many other liberals on this.

We disagree. And I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

What exactly are you disagreeing with? The only thing I've been able to determine is the new label to a very old thing.

Free speech has never meant that there would never be any repurcussions because of that speech.
All you have to do is read the article and you'll know exactly what I'm saying. In addition to the very clear comments I have made on this thread.

I have made myself and my position (and that of Obama, Sanders, Warren, Chomsky and Rushdie) EXTREMELY clear.

That's all I can do.

None of those people ever argued that your speech could not be countered by others.

And they still aren't arguing that. In fact, J.K. Rowling isn't arguing that.

The article is little more than vast generalizations. Are there people hypocritical with their support of countered speech?

Of course, they always have been. Countering speech is not a problem. Hypocrisy most certainly is.

This is the letter.

Countering speech is different than having a small group of people in a publisher's office throwing a tantrum and refusing to have anything to do with a book because of a difference in opinion.

Publishers have always done that. At times it may have been one person. Take your book to another publisher. (And yes, I said the same about the baker).

I think you are arguing for the sake of arguing and that you don't believe half the shit that you are spewing. Either that or you have a severe lack of knowledge and awareness about the cancel culture.

"Cancel Culture" is nothing more than a phrase created by people who want to spout a position without any response from those who believe differently.

No. They were a small group within the publishing company that wanted J.K. Rowling not to be published simply because she said that your sex doesn't change. You are born either male or female. She supports trans people. The publishing company listened to them and then said...........well, no she makes us money.

Cancel Culture is that group of people who think that you should lose your job, your home, and everything you own because they don't like your view. That's dumb as hell.

Kinda like Trump was with Kaepernick?

State your case.

We all know what happened. He called for that SOB to be fired.

Do you think I am a fan of Trump or is this your attempt to change the subject to Trump?

I was simply providing an example for you. I didn't change the subject.

Yep. I think you are.

You are so void of facts that it's causing me to feel pity for you.
* what dale says when someone makes fun of contrail nutters

Don't get all pissy at me because I exposed your ignorance.... you did it to yourself.

(snicker)
Dale, the only thing you have ever exposed is yourself. The laughter echoes to this day.

Awwww, seems that you weren't quite ready for "big boy" britches. (snicker)

Exposing your ignorance is just too damn easy......

Don't get all pissy at me because I exposed your ignorance.... you did it to yourself.

(snicker)
Dale, the only thing you have ever exposed is yourself. The laughter echoes to this day.

The fact that you are here and allowed to transmit your hilarious mental vomit shows the limits of Cancel Culture. So wipe that tear away.

(snicker)

The fact that you are here and allowed to transmit your hilarious mental vomit shows the limits of Cancel Culture. So wipe that tear away.

So, if'n you had your way you would censor my posts? Even the ones that show you to be ignorant and "fact-free"? I certainly do not blame you for feeling that way. No one likes to be exposed for a big time blowhard that get's shown up. What is unfortunate for you and those of your ilk is that try as you may to silence those that contradict what you commie fucks claim? Those whose speech is the polar opposite of your belief system? Well, you commie fucks are not in control and you don't make the rules or set the narrative using the Delphi method.

Any time you want to meet in this forum's "Bull Ring" to have an honest debate about a topic you disagree with me over or take exception to? Please, by all means, let me know. I doubt that you would be much of a challenge.... but you might surprise me.

(snicker)

In addition to the liberals I have already quoted on this thread (Obama, Sanders, Warren, Rushdie, Harris ) here are a few of the people who signed the letter in the OP:
  • Gloria Steinem
  • Jonathan Haidt
  • Fareed Zakaria
  • Zephyr Teachout
  • Wynton Marsalis
  • Francis Fukuyama
  • ... and dozens of scholars and academics
Freedom of speech and expression is our most precious value, and there too goddamn many illiberal leftist authoritarians who are making a mockery of it.

No one listens to them about anything else, why would they listen here? I agree, it's dumb, but I do t think it will be changing any time soon.
It has to start somewhere.

This is our most important right. If we lose the ability to speak our minds without cultural intimidation and personal punishment, we're a different country.

Last edited:
Thank goodness. It's about time some well-known voices spoke out against "Cancel Culture".

The letter addressed the nationwide Black Lives Matter protests and calls to defund the police — acknowledging that the demands are over due while warning against cancel culture and being intolerant of differences.

“But this needed reckoning has also intensified a new set of moral attitudes and political commitments that tend to weaken our norms of open debate and toleration of differences in favor of ideological conformity,” the letter read. “The democratic inclusion we want can be achieved only if we speak out against the intolerant climate that has set in on all sides.”

The letter warned that liberals are forming their own version of censorship, one that President Donald Trump and “right-wing demagogues” thrive off of.

“This stifling atmosphere will ultimately harm the most vital causes of our time,” the letter added. “The restriction of debate, whether by a repressive government or an intolerant society, invariably hurts those who lack power and makes everyone less capable of democratic participation.”

srp99F0.gif

e111c1c11d4b5b9aaed63b03a4da25bb.jpg

Real liberals want discussion and debate, the
Regressive left wants it their way or no way. The best friend of a real liberal is a real conservative, those are two, almost extinct. I am ashamed in what America has become.
The question is whether we can return to what we once were.

Pe
Thank goodness. It's about time some well-known voices spoke out against "Cancel Culture".

The letter addressed the nationwide Black Lives Matter protests and calls to defund the police — acknowledging that the demands are over due while warning against cancel culture and being intolerant of differences.

“But this needed reckoning has also intensified a new set of moral attitudes and political commitments that tend to weaken our norms of open debate and toleration of differences in favor of ideological conformity,” the letter read. “The democratic inclusion we want can be achieved only if we speak out against the intolerant climate that has set in on all sides.”

The letter warned that liberals are forming their own version of censorship, one that President Donald Trump and “right-wing demagogues” thrive off of.

“This stifling atmosphere will ultimately harm the most vital causes of our time,” the letter added. “The restriction of debate, whether by a repressive government or an intolerant society, invariably hurts those who lack power and makes everyone less capable of democratic participation.”

srp99F0.gif

e111c1c11d4b5b9aaed63b03a4da25bb.jpg
ople always seem to go too far....
Yep, that appears to be our nature. It's worse, now that the two ends are at "war".

In addition to the liberals I have already quoted on this thread (Obama, Sanders, Warren, Rushdie, Harris ) here are a few of the people who signed the letter in the OP:
  • Gloria Steinem
  • Jonathan Haidt
  • Fareed Zakaria
  • Zephyr Teachout
  • Wynton Marsalis
  • Francis Fukuyama
  • ... and dozens of scholars and academics
Freedom of speech and expression is our most precious value, and there too goddamn many illiberal leftist authoritarians who are making a mockery of it.

No one listens to them about anything else, why would they listen here? I agree, it's dumb, but I do t think it will be changing any time soon.
It has to start somewhere.

This is our most important right. If we lose the ability to speak our minds without cultural intimidation and personal punishment, we're a different country.

We already are. Not being a dick, to tired, but if you think about it, no one really has an issue with being cancelled until they are cancelled.. who was the guy who stood up to them? He said anti gay stuff and they pounced, but he basically told them to piss off ? Kevin Hart ? Them that cancel people are bully's. How do you fix a bully? You bloody their nose. Cancel the people who cancel and it will stop. Look how fast "me too" for shut down when prominent news folks, polititions started dropping.

They were already in the nursing homes, moving them to overwealmed hospitals was the problem, dummy.

Fourteen of the meager 20 states she carried had no voter ID law in place and we know from Project Veritas that the plan to vote early and often was being put in operation including busing people from one place to another. Shall I post the undercover videos?

Why? Project Veritas are all known liars who manipulate videos. You guys have been claiming voter fraud for years... and are never able to prove it was a thing.

COVID-19 is real but hype has been over the top. Like I stated , Illinois's death rate from Covid-19 is less than .07 percent and that is if the 7,200 deaths were actually from succumbing to this illness. So, for this we shut down the entire country? How many of these deaths were due to placing infected people in with the elderly that are the most prone?

Uh, guy, IL had 152,000 cases, of which 7300 died. That's actually a 2% death rate. Obviously, like geography, math confuses you.

For the whole country, we had 3.17MILLION cases and 135 Thousand deaths. That's a death rate of 4.2%. Illinois was a success because Governor Pritzker took decisive action to contain the disease.

They were already in the nursing homes, moving them to overwealmed hospitals was the problem, dummy.

Fourteen of the meager 20 states she carried had no voter ID law in place and we know from Project Veritas that the plan to vote early and often was being put in operation including busing people from one place to another. Shall I post the undercover videos?

Why? Project Veritas are all known liars who manipulate videos. You guys have been claiming voter fraud for years... and are never able to prove it was a thing.

COVID-19 is real but hype has been over the top. Like I stated , Illinois's death rate from Covid-19 is less than .07 percent and that is if the 7,200 deaths were actually from succumbing to this illness. So, for this we shut down the entire country? How many of these deaths were due to placing infected people in with the elderly that are the most prone?

Uh, guy, IL had 152,000 cases, of which 7300 died. That's actually a 2% death rate. Obviously, like geography, math confuses you.

For the whole country, we had 3.17MILLION cases and 135 Thousand deaths. That's a death rate of 4.2%. Illinois was a success because Governor Pritzker took decisive action to contain the disease.

It's not that math is weird, it's the math you present. It's fuzzy from all the time you spent waiting to pull it out of your ass. Fuck Illinois and your govrener. The only reason he can claim angry is because tax payers in other states put up the cash for your worthless state. Hell, everyone is leaving. Y'all's pension programs are broke and won't be able to pay when it's due. Yeah, that and the fact that no one in your city can go a weekend or Holliday without shooting some little kids, yup, that's allot to be proud of right there..

BTW, I don't give a flying fuck about the # of alleged cases because the tests will ere on the positive side always. I am talking about the ACTUAL cause of death listed on the death certificate. AGAIN, I stand by the fact that allegedly only .07% of the population of Illinois has succumbed to the virus and that is even with suspected inflating of the # of deaths. You really are stupid and you just got your 250 pd fat ass kicked yet again.

(snicker)

Forum List

Back