Open letter published to fight "Cancel Culture"

It's not that math is weird, it's the math you present. It's fuzzy from all the time you spent waiting to pull it out of your ass. Fuck Illinois and your govrener. The only reason he can claim angry is because tax payers in other states put up the cash for your worthless state. Hell, everyone is leaving. Y'all's pension programs are broke and won't be able to pay when it's due. Yeah, that and the fact that no one in your city can go a weekend or Holliday without shooting some little kids, yup, that's allot to be proud of right there..

Your reading comprehension is about as good as your spelling.

It's actually kind of the opposite. Illinois sends more to Washington than it gets back, compared to red states, that are all donors. (Of course, right now, we are borrowing more than we are putting in across the board, because heavens forbid a rich person can't buy a dressage horse this year.) If anything, our neighboring states depend on us. Wisconsin is entirely dependent on tourism from Illinois.

BTW, I don't give a flying fuck about the # of alleged cases because the tests will ere on the positive side always. I am talking about the ACTUAL cause of death listed on the death certificate. AGAIN, I stand by the fact that allegedly only .07% of the population of Illinois has succumbed to the virus and that is even with suspected inflating of the # of deaths. You really are stupid and you just got your 250 pd fat ass kicked yet again.

You can stand by your numbers, but they are kind of pointless. It's not a percentage of the population that is the issue, it's how quickly the state managed to lock down and prevent the spread, and IL did a better job than the rest of the country.

But we all know those Coronaviruses are in fact Crisis Actors, just pretending to be viruses.

On the point- Nursing homes are the only places that can take these sick residents. They are set up to care for the elderly. Hospitals aren't. This is the result of 50 years of Republican For Profit Medicine... get them out as quickly as you can, charge them a shitload of money for the privilege.

You go on and on about imaginary conspiracies and ignore the actual bad policy right in front of you.

It's not that math is weird, it's the math you present. It's fuzzy from all the time you spent waiting to pull it out of your ass. Fuck Illinois and your govrener. The only reason he can claim angry is because tax payers in other states put up the cash for your worthless state. Hell, everyone is leaving. Y'all's pension programs are broke and won't be able to pay when it's due. Yeah, that and the fact that no one in your city can go a weekend or Holliday without shooting some little kids, yup, that's allot to be proud of right there..

Your reading comprehension is about as good as your spelling.

It's actually kind of the opposite. Illinois sends more to Washington than it gets back, compared to red states, that are all donors. (Of course, right now, we are borrowing more than we are putting in across the board, because heavens forbid a rich person can't buy a dressage horse this year.) If anything, our neighboring states depend on us. Wisconsin is entirely dependent on tourism from Illinois.

Blah, blah, blah. You can say nothing good about Chicago or Illinois or it's leadership. If you had no house to live in to hide from it all you would pack your shit and move to texas.

As was to be expected, in the spirit of vigorous debate, the Open Debate whiners from high on above have their comeuppance in the form of reminding them of their blind spots and omitted victims, along with quite a number of cancel artists turned anti-cancelers reminded of their own efforts to cancel opponents. Not intimidated by fatuous, high-brow pap, they do not mince words, and they won't accept that the frequent invocation of "freedom" (on their own behalf) seems to have given the authors a license to be lacking in intellectual rigor.

It's very much worth a read: A More Specific Letter on Justice and Open Debate

Now, wouldn't it have been fun had Harper's given this letter the same level of prominence on their pages? All in the spirit of vigorous debate? At least posted a link to it on the original page of A Letter on Justice and Open Debate? Yeah, fat chance.

Way better to keep their prestigious platform to themselves, and the counter-point way below on some obscure website with not much of a megaphone. White (rich, male) privilege rules, by default, even while there's the token colored person tolerated among them.

Here is the thing with cancel culture, no laws are needed to fix it. Let it run its course. Again, look how fast the media elite shut that shit down after it started to take down their top guys. Same thing happened to Al Franklin. Then all the shit came out about all the Congress rats and the people they payed to busy up about their cases. What happened to metoo ? Mewho anyone? So don't stop cancelling. The strong will survive it and to us it's meaningless. For me, I buy Goya beans now. Cancer culture just made them richer. But if you want it to stop, cancel important people. Not Latino man who run Latino founded companies who feed homeland people.

To all:

Frankly, i would love to have this open discussion with one of the signatories of the letter featured in this thread. But strangely, those signatories don't seem to want to participate in the discussions the letter says we should be having. Maybe someone can go knock on the door of one of their bunkers, see if they will emerge from their insulated safe spaces to have this discussion?

So, Tucker Carlson's head writer got "cancelled". In keeping with the ideas of the thread, let's discuss what he said and the ideas contained in his comments and the ideas which prompted them.

So, the topic of this discussion is: Ni**ers and Asians and LASIK surgery. Lets discuss this idea and see if we can understand where he is really coming from and if we can find a reasonable way to understand him, if not necessarily agree with him.

Who would like to start? Should I? One would think Mac would like to take the lead on this one, given that it is his thread. But don't count on it.

Weird! Suddenly everyone that says we should have open discussions instead of canceling doesn't want to actually have a discussion. Fine, I will start.

This Racist coward was commenting on a message board about how black people and Asians are genetically inferior and cannot be trusted with something so important as Lasik surgery. He did this because he knew that, should he make these comments in public, he would be shamed and ostracized. Unfortunately for the racist coward, he got exposed anyway.

His employer, apparently, made the decision that they don't want to be represented by a person who is willing to say such things. So he got "cancelled". Unless he finds a forum that wants to be identified with him and his clearly racist paradigm, the poor guy will have to find different work. Don't see the problem, there.

So, "discussers"... Let's discuss. What is the problem, here? What would be the aim of discussing this? Come on, cancel culture complainers... it's your time to shine!

Last edited:
BTW, I don't give a flying fuck about the # of alleged cases because the tests will ere on the positive side always. I am talking about the ACTUAL cause of death listed on the death certificate. AGAIN, I stand by the fact that allegedly only .07% of the population of Illinois has succumbed to the virus and that is even with suspected inflating of the # of deaths. You really are stupid and you just got your 250 pd fat ass kicked yet again.

You can stand by your numbers, but they are kind of pointless. It's not a percentage of the population that is the issue, it's how quickly the state managed to lock down and prevent the spread, and IL did a better job than the rest of the country.

But we all know those Coronaviruses are in fact Crisis Actors, just pretending to be viruses.

On the point- Nursing homes are the only places that can take these sick residents. They are set up to care for the elderly. Hospitals aren't. This is the result of 50 years of Republican For Profit Medicine... get them out as quickly as you can, charge them a shitload of money for the privilege.

You go on and on about imaginary conspiracies and ignore the actual bad policy right in front of you.

You were saying, Joe Blowhard? Finally walked back your claim that COVID-19 patients were not sent to nursing homes?

Last edited:
Weird! Suddenly everyone that says we should have open discussions instead of canceling doesn't want to actually have a discussion. Fine, I will start.

This Racist coward was commenting on a message board about how black people and Asians are genetically inferior and cannot be trusted with something so important as Lasik surgery. He did this because he knew that, should he make these comments in public, he would be shamed and ostracized. Unfortunately for the racist coward, he got exposed anyway.

His employer, apparently, made the decision that they don't want to be represented by a person who is willing to say such things. So he got "cancelled". Unless he finds a forum that wants to be identified with him and his clearly racist paradigm, the poor guy will have to find different work. Don't see the problem, there.

So, "discussers"... Let's discuss. What is the problem, here? What would be the aim of discussing this? Come on, cancel culture complainers... it's your time to shine!

I guess people don't want open discussion after all. Cancellation it is! Enjoy!

I guess people don't want open discussion after all. Cancellation it is! Enjoy!
OK, let's be open. Maybe you have to consider that people just don't want to talk to you. All discussion gets derailed when you Democrats always insist on blaming something else for your own personal failures.

You were saying, Joe Blowhard? Finally walked back your claim that COVID-19 patients were not sent to nursing homes?

Okay, they didn't send them TO Nursing homes, they RETURNED them to nursing homes where they already lived after they had been treated because THEY HAD NO WHERE ELSE TO SEND THEM. I mean, it would be nice if their families who dumped them into nursing homes to start with took responsibility for them, but if they could care for them, they wouldn't be in nursing homes to start with.

I know you don't have assisted living in Russia, Dmitri, so you don't understand the concept.

Okay, they didn't send them TO Nursing homes, they RETURNED them to nursing homes where they already lived after they had been treated because THEY HAD NO WHERE ELSE TO SEND THEM. I mean, it would be nice if their families who dumped them into nursing homes to start with took responsibility for them, but if they could care for them, they wouldn't be in nursing homes to start with.

I know you don't have assisted living in Russia, Dmitri, so you don't understand the concept.
HOLY FUCK but are you ever stupid. They were not returning Covid 19 treated patients BACK their nursing facility....they were told that they had to accept them. You are fucking dense, Joe Blowhard, the bloated commie.

HOLY FUCK but are you ever stupid. They were not returning Covid 19 treated patients BACK their nursing facility....they were told that they had to accept them. You are fucking dense, Joe Blowhard, the bloated commie.

Not what happened at all... It wasn't like they were living somewhere else. They were living at those facitilities..>Those facilities were their homes.

Not what happened at all... It wasn't like they were living somewhere else. They were living at those facitilities..>Those facilities were their homes.
Keep doubling down on your stupidity, dumb ass.....it defines your presence here.

OK, let's be open. Maybe you have to consider that people just don't want to talk to you. All discussion gets derailed when you Democrats always insist on blaming something else for your own personal failures.
Well that was a long way of telling me you are too much of a sissy to have the discussion. Now, run along and whine that we are cancelling instead of having discussions.

Keep doubling down on your stupidity, dumb ass.....it defines your presence here.

It wasn't like their families were taking them back, was it?

So, if the hospitals were overflowing, and their families didn't want them back, where were they supposed to go, exactly?

I mean, we could have set up a leper colony for them.

At least you had to admit that you were wrong and that these COVID positive patients were intentionally placed in nursing homes. As far as what should have been been done with these treated patients after they were discharged? There are any number of possibilities but the last option that should have never been under consideration was putting them in with those most vulnerable with weaker immune systems of which most in nursing home facilities have underlying health issues. You can't find it within yourself to criticize anything having to do with leftard politicians that made those horrific decisions and continued that policy even as the death counted increased......says a lot about you character or the lack thereof.

At least you had to admit that you were wrong and that these COVID positive patients were intentionally placed in nursing homes.

No, I admitted noting of the sort. They weren't placed in nursing homes, they already LIVED in nursing homes.

As far as what should have been been done with these treated patients after they were discharged? There are any number of possibilities but the last option that should have never been under consideration was putting them in with those most vulnerable with weaker immune systems of which most in nursing home facilities have underlying health issues.

Uh, guy, they were kept in isolation from the other patients.. They weren't in any more danger than anyone else. The problem is, thanks to Trump mishandling of this crisis, the hospitals were filled to capacity and there wasn't really anywhere else TO send them.

You see, you whine about conspiracies all day, but you never see the real corporate evil in front of you. We had no room in the hospitals because for the last 50 years, "Managed" care has been designed to get people in and out of hospitals as quickly as possible. We need to make money on that bed!!! So you get 'Drive-by Health Care", where women are sent home the day after giving birth and they make you prep for colonoscopies at home.

Forum List

Back