Once Again, The GOP's Interstate Crosscheck Purging Program Steals Another Election

Just like it worked to hand Trump the election by tipping the electoral college in the GOP's favor, Republican shitbag Kris Kobach's Crosscheck program gives the GOP a win in Georgia.

Watch here to see how this program works: Greg Palast: How Racist Voter Suppression Could Cost Jon Ossoff the Georgia Election | Democracy Now!

More here about how 40,000 minority voter registrations went "missing" from the voter rolls:

Truthout: Tell us about voting irregularities in the primary, which resulted in Democratic candidate Jon Ossoff running against Republican Karen Handel today.

Greg Palast: It's ugly in the Sixth. One of the worst parts is the systematic disenfranchisement of the Asian American community. For years, I’ve followed the work of the Asian-American Legal Advocacy Center, a group running a campaign to register new Americans to vote. When the group complained about thousands of the collected names missing from the voter rolls, the Secretary of State, a Republican, retaliated against them. According to attorney Nse Ufot:

They were doing a campaign to register 10,000 Korean-Americans to vote, and had quite a bit of success. At some point during the campaign, they noticed that many of the folks that they were registering were not showing up on the voter rolls. So, they reached out to the Secretary of State to say, "Hey, where are our folks? Why aren't they showing up on the rolls?" They never got an official response. What they did get was the GBI kicking in the door and requesting all of their files.

While no charges were brought, the terrifying raid was enough to at least temporarily derail the "10,000 Korean Votes" campaign. According to a written statement sent to me yesterday by Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Atlanta, the "10,000 Korean Votes" campaign ended in 2015. Since that time, the Asian American Legal Advocacy Center has ceased to exist as such, though at least some of its work is being carried on by the group that replaced it: the Atlanta branch of Asian Americans Advancing Justice, which continues to engage in voter registration efforts, according to its website.

Ufot's own group, New Georgia Project, has also seen the registrations of new voters of color suspiciously vanish.

Ufot told me, "We submitted 86,419 voter registration forms. There are 46,000 of the folks that we've registered who have made it, and 40,000 of them are missing."

So, New Georgia Project contacted the Republican Secretary of State's office.

"You know what they told us?" Ufot asked. "'We don't know what you're talking about. What forms?' They did not disappear. We intentionally registered voters on paper forms so that we could make copies. We knew who they were. They were not on the voter rolls."

Greg Palast: Jim Crow Scam Threatens to Tip Georgia's Ossoff-Handel Race

If that doesn't work maybe you can hit this.......

10670061_1641099639450345_3417063118897063959_n.jpg

Russia only wanted to discredit and disrupt our election process. They didn't particularly care who won, and in many ways I think the Russia stuff is a bit of a distraction. I think the media is overly fixating a bit on Russia's interference, while absolutely no air-time is being devoted to the GOP's home grown voter suppression tactics which should be the real focus right now.

So despite the fact that they succeeded at nothing, you are going to give them the win because you want to discredit trump for beating you

:cuckoo:

Was this sentence composed in English?

Uh, you're a bit confuzzled, aren't you? It's the GOP that's committing fraud via Crosscheck. Do you even know how to read?

Nothing in your initial post, with your link, stated how many people had been eliminated from the voter rolls. Out of how many thousand names did they find two examples of the names being compared not even having the same middle name. They never said those two were eliminated.

Are you saying that people registered to vote in more than one state, at the same time, should just be ignored?

How is it illegal to cross-check voters to see that they are not registered in two or more states?
By simply checking common minority names and NOT using the last 4 digits of their SSN to distinguish between different people with the same name the GOP are able to suppress the votes of millions of minorities. The U.S. Census data shows that minorities are overrepresented in 85 of 100 of the most common last names. If your name is Washington, there's an 89 percent chance you're African-American. If your last name is Hernandez, there's a 94 percent chance you're Hispanic. If your name is Kim, there's a 95 percent chance you're Asian. Blacks vote 90% Democratic, Asians 75% Democratic and Latinos 67% Democratic, so the GOP realized that the more minorities they can suppress the better their chances of stealing an election.

No...you have that backwards....making sure that the vote is legitimate doesn't steal elections
But using that phony excuse to suppress minority votes does steal elections for the GOP. It is the only way they can win, and they know it!
You just admitted that Dims do not want to be sure that all votes are legitimate.
You're a dumbass.
No I didn't, I admitted that the GOP use that as an excuse to suppress the minority vote.
Please learn to read English.

By "suppress the minority vote" you mean that Dims want people who can't legally vote to vote.
NO!

Isn't that the program that makes sure only people who can legally vote are on the roles? I hope it did prevent the Democrat weasel from winning the election with illegal votes.
No, it is the GOP program to purge minority voters by looking for common minority names across many states. If your name is Jose Garcia you are suspected of voting in 27 states according to Kobach's Crosscheck List, and all 27 voters will be purged even though they are 27 DIFFERENT people.
Proof?
The proof is Crosscheck does NOT use the last 4 digits of a persons SSN to distinguish between people with the same name. If you have the same name as anyone else in another state you are purged by Crosscheck.

Are you saying that people registered to vote in more than one state, at the same time, should just be ignored?
No, we are saying that additional data, like the last 4 digits of their SSN, MUST be used before any name can be purged because someone else in America has the same name.

Given Trump's unexpected success, neither party can count on conventional wisdom any more.

Unexpected to whom?

Republicans are running their campaigns by telling voters what they want to do. Democrats are running their campaigns by telling voters that the Republicans are cheating, that they want to kill babies, etc, etc, etc.. All with the failed leadership that got them into this whole. Nancy Pelosi, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton.

No...you have that backwards....making sure that the vote is legitimate doesn't steal elections
But using that phony excuse to suppress minority votes does steal elections for the GOP. It is the only way they can win, and they know it!
You just admitted that Dims do not want to be sure that all votes are legitimate.
You're a dumbass.
No I didn't, I admitted that the GOP use that as an excuse to suppress the minority vote.

By "suppress the minority vote" you mean that Dims want people who can't legally vote to vote.
NO!
Of course you do. Democrats do everything they can to facilitate voter fraud.

Isn't that the program that makes sure only people who can legally vote are on the roles? I hope it did prevent the Democrat weasel from winning the election with illegal votes.
No, it is the GOP program to purge minority voters by looking for common minority names across many states. If your name is Jose Garcia you are suspected of voting in 27 states according to Kobach's Crosscheck List, and all 27 voters will be purged even though they are 27 DIFFERENT people.
Proof?
The proof is Crosscheck does NOT use the last 4 digits of a persons SSN to distinguish between people with the same name. If you have the same name as anyone else in another state you are purged by Crosscheck.
Crosscheck doesn't purge anyone. It simply provides a list of names of people who are potentially registered illegally.

No, we are saying that additional data, like the last 4 digits of their SSN, MUST be used before any name can be purged because someone else in America has the same name.

How many people with exactly the same name have exactly the same date of birth? Personally, I've never come across anyone or found anyone with my exact same name much less my DOB.

You're a dumbass.

NO!
Of course you do. Democrats do everything they can to facilitate voter fraud.
LIAR!

"Crosscheck, Voter ID, Hanging chads, Diebold" !!!!!

Do the f---ing excuses ever end with these shitstains ????

That isn't, but what Crosscheck is doing is claiming totally different people are the "same" person. Read the article in my sig to see how it works.

Read the article. It said they found two people, with similar names out of what were there, sixty thousand names? It also never said they were eliminated. It was a far, far left opinion piece on a far left site.

How is it illegal to cross-check voters to see that they are not registered in two or more states?
By simply checking common minority names and NOT using the last 4 digits of their SSN to distinguish between different people with the same name the GOP are able to suppress the votes of millions of minorities. The U.S. Census data shows that minorities are overrepresented in 85 of 100 of the most common last names. If your name is Washington, there's an 89 percent chance you're African-American. If your last name is Hernandez, there's a 94 percent chance you're Hispanic. If your name is Kim, there's a 95 percent chance you're Asian. Blacks vote 90% Democratic, Asians 75% Democratic and Latinos 67% Democratic, so the GOP realized that the more minorities they can suppress the better their chances of stealing an election.

Really nice to see someone else here who gets it. I feel like the lone voice in the wilderness on this subject. Eh, it will take a bit of time for it to reach critical mass I guess.

:beer:

Truth is always a lie to the Right!

You stated and I quote: "The Dems spent $23 million of the record $56 million spent by BOTH candidates.

If that is not a lie, then the Republican candidate spent $33 million. You're just acting goofy now.

"More than $50 million was spent on the race, with Ossoff enjoying a decided financial advantage over Handel.

The Ossoff campaign raised $23 million as of May 31, according to Federal Election Commission records. The Handel campaign, in contrast, raised only $4.5 million over the same period time.

The vast majority of Ossoff’s contributions came from out-of-state, primarily liberal strongholds in California, New York, and Massachusetts.

Based on estimates included in an analysis published in the Atlanta Journal Constitution on Tuesday, Ossoff outspent Handel in television and radio ad spending by a 6 to 1 margin, $22.5 million to $3.5 million:

An election-eve analysis by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution shows that roughly $42 million has been spent or reserved for TV and radio ads in the race – including about $27 million since the first-round of voting in April winnowed the field in Tuesday’s vote to Democrat Jon Ossoff and Republican Karen Handel.

That doesn’t include the other cash spent by the campaigns and the super PACs and outside groups supporting them for other trappings of the campaigns, including direct-mail, staff payroll, consulting fees and digital ads.

The analysis shows Ossoff laid out $14.2 million on ad time and spent at least another $8 million on other costs. Handel spent $2.5 million on TV, radio and cable spots and had at least $1 million in other expenses."

Republican Karen Handel Wins Special Election in Georgia's Sixth Congressional District - Breitbart

That isn't, but what Crosscheck is doing is claiming totally different people are the "same" person. Read the article in my sig to see how it works.

From the Rolling Stone.

Didn't they just settle a lawsuit by a fraternity for publishing a false article?

The GOP's Stealth War Against Voters

Your article said nothing about thousands of voters being denied the right to vote.

It DOES say you MIGHT BE CHALLENGED. What's wrong with that?

It also refers to people with the same first and last name. It leaves out the part about also using the middle name and birth date.

It also says if your first name is Jose and your last name is Garcia, YOU'RE PROBABLY SUSPECTED OF VOTING IN 27 STATES. Nowhere in the article does it give any support for that outrageous statement.

What drives you to swallow this nonsense without saying to yourself, "wait a minute, where do they substantiate these outrageous statements and lies?

That doesn’t include the other cash spent by the campaigns and the super PACs
Your dishonest source left out the PAC money because the bulk of PAC money went to Handel.
Yet another example of the Right's half-truth/whole-lie argument.

Forum List

Back