On the Ban a thought:

CowboyTed

Platinum Member
Sep 22, 2014
Ireland
Every year the Holocaust is remembered like it was on Friday. The Trump administration faced criticism on Friday to actually failing to mention Jews in their message...

But what they also failed to mention is how countries all over the world refused Jewish refugees... As the Jewish people were desperate to leave an evil regime who wanted to ethnic cleanse them from the earth many nations (including the US) refused many thousands entry.

How America’s rejection of Jews fleeing Nazi Germany haunts our refugee policy today
The U.S. Government Turned Away Thousands of Jewish Refugees, Fearing That They Were Nazi Spies | History | Smithsonian

Why?
"FDR claimed that Jewish immigrants could threaten national security.."

What is the saying about the holocaust we say: Never Again.

Now lets bring ourselves to modern times:
It was in the News this weekend that Assad Forces backed by Russian Troops and equipment are Ethnic Cleansing massive areas of Syria after the fall of Aleppo. The message is run or die...
Syrian regime accused of ethnic cleansing

Syria was 10% Christian but they are the ones fleeing quickest... They are targeted for special punishment..
Syria's beleaguered Christians - BBC News

Many of the neighbouring countries have taken Millions of Refugees and looking to have the load shared with other countries.
Syrian refugees in Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon face an uncertain 2017

Lets make it clear the US has to take some responsibility for destabilizing the region...

Lets be clear out of the 8,000 refugees US has taken so far 78% have been women and children...
Most Syrian refugees coming to U.S. are women, children

There could have a simple test for christianity and accept christians for now? There is an estimated 1 million to choose from.

But lets get back to the statement said on Friday across the world 'Never Again', Are we using our simple prejudices like was used against the Jews in 1930s. Is this fear justified any more than the fear of the Jew in 1930s.
The facts are simple how many Syrian Refugees have killed US Citizens?

P.S. The talk of relaxing sanctions on the Russians should look at what Putin has ordered and done in the conflict. He has deliberately attacked civilian targets... He is a war criminal and should not be appeased...

The OP is making a fallacious characterization. It's not a ban, it's a suspension for a few months while processes are evaluated to ensure that proper vetting takes place. Obabble did the same thing for Iraqi refugees in 2011.

There is no 'Muslim Ban.' That's just Democrat Fake News. Muslims will continue to enter the country. That's not what Trump's recent Executive Order is about. The Democrats are lying. Go figure?

President Harry Truman did nothing about the Jewish Holocaust victims floating around on ships going nowhere except to pressure England to allow Jews to enter the God forsaken desert that nobody wanted in what was called "Palestine".

We should let in the Christians.

They will be proud Americans who will fight with us and be grateful to be here.

As a child, some of my best friends were Lebanese, and they were the greatest people imaginable. They left Lebanon because of the same shit -- the Muslims taking over their Christian country. Heck, Beirut was once called the Paris of the Middle East before the scourge of Islam destroyed it.

I am 100% behind letting in the true victims of Islam, here. Let the Muslims stay behind and fight it out.

As a child, some of my best friends were Lebanese, and they were the greatest people imaginable. They left Lebanon because of the same shit -- the Muslims taking over their Christian country. Heck, Beirut was once called the Paris of the Middle East before the scourge of Islam destroyed it.

I am 100% behind letting in the true victims of Islam, here. Let the Muslims stay behind and fight it out.

56 of the 10,000 Syrian Refugees allowed into the U.S. last year were Chrstians....about 1/2 of 1 percent. Considering that Christians are 10% of the Syrian population, it appears that Obama systematically denied them the ability to escape Syria.

The OP is making a fallacious characterization. It's not a ban, it's a suspension for a few months while processes are evaluated to ensure that proper vetting takes place. Obabble did the same thing for Iraqi refugees in 2011.

Fair enough... So what number of Refugees do you think is would be acceptable for the US to take for 2017, 2018....

I being fair... If he feels he needs to increase the security and needs do that fair enough...

Can I also point out that that terrorist attacks on US Soil(mainland) have not come these countries and why didn't they target where the number one provider country to terrorist attacks in USA, Saudi Arabia...

By the way I think banning Saudi Arabia is counter productive... While Saudis are the number supplier they are also one of the highest defenders against terrorism as well.. But Saudi is very complicated and a different discussion...

56 of the 10,000 Syrian Refugees allowed into the U.S. last year were Chrstians....about 1/2 of 1 percent. Considering that Christians are 10% of the Syrian population, it appears that Obama systematically denied them the ability to escape Syria.

Yep.

....and I hate him for it.

It would be as if Roosevelt wanted to flood the country with a million Germans, but wouldn't let in any Jews.

And that is the past... Trump is in charge now... What do you consider an acceptable number of Christians or Muslims, you set a target...

Jews weren't responsible for 9/11.

Either was anyone from the 7 countries named by Trump... Also does a whole country need to pay for individuals actions...

Nationality Number
Saudi Arabia 15
United Arab Emirates 2
Egypt 1
Lebanon 1

None of these countries are apart of the 7 named...

Sorry but your point doesn't make any sense..

Fair enough... So what number of Refugees do you think is would be acceptable for the US to take for 2017, 2018....

I being fair... If he feels he needs to increase the security and needs do that fair enough...

Can I also point out that that terrorist attacks on US Soil(mainland) have not come these countries and why didn't they target where the number one provider country to terrorist attacks in USA, Saudi Arabia...

By the way I think banning Saudi Arabia is counter productive... While Saudis are the number supplier they are also one of the highest defenders against terrorism as well.. But Saudi is very complicated and a different discussion...

The difference is the Saudis now are much more investigative of their own radicals, and have tighter border controls than any of the countries as part of the moratorium (which is what it is, not a ban).

The difference is the Saudis now are much more investigative of their own radicals, and have tighter border controls than any of the countries as part of the moratorium (which is what it is, not a ban).
What exactly is the difference between a moratorium and a ban?

If Muslims would behave this wouldn't be necessary. But again, and all throughout history, they've struggled to do that

Every year the Holocaust is remembered like it was on Friday. The Trump administration faced criticism on Friday to actually failing to mention Jews in their message...

But what they also failed to mention is how countries all over the world refused Jewish refugees... As the Jewish people were desperate to leave an evil regime who wanted to ethnic cleanse them from the earth many nations (including the US) refused many thousands entry.

How America’s rejection of Jews fleeing Nazi Germany haunts our refugee policy today
The U.S. Government Turned Away Thousands of Jewish Refugees, Fearing That They Were Nazi Spies | History | Smithsonian

Why?
"FDR claimed that Jewish immigrants could threaten national security.."

What is the saying about the holocaust we say: Never Again.

Now lets bring ourselves to modern times:
It was in the News this weekend that Assad Forces backed by Russian Troops and equipment are Ethnic Cleansing massive areas of Syria after the fall of Aleppo. The message is run or die...
Syrian regime accused of ethnic cleansing

Syria was 10% Christian but they are the ones fleeing quickest... They are targeted for special punishment..
Syria's beleaguered Christians - BBC News

Many of the neighbouring countries have taken Millions of Refugees and looking to have the load shared with other countries.
Syrian refugees in Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon face an uncertain 2017

Lets make it clear the US has to take some responsibility for destabilizing the region...

Lets be clear out of the 8,000 refugees US has taken so far 78% have been women and children...
Most Syrian refugees coming to U.S. are women, children

There could have a simple test for christianity and accept christians for now? There is an estimated 1 million to choose from.

But lets get back to the statement said on Friday across the world 'Never Again', Are we using our simple prejudices like was used against the Jews in 1930s. Is this fear justified any more than the fear of the Jew in 1930s.
The facts are simple how many Syrian Refugees have killed US Citizens?

P.S. The talk of relaxing sanctions on the Russians should look at what Putin has ordered and done in the conflict. He has deliberately attacked civilian targets... He is a war criminal and should not be appeased...

The truth is the US started the war in Syria in an effort to drive the Russian Navy from the region.

However comparing Muslims to Jews is not apples and oranges. It's apples and horse apples. There are dozens of nations with majority Muslim populations. There were none that were Jewish when FDR refused the refugees.

The war we started in Syria is between factions of Islam. Before we started the war Syria had a stable multicultural population. That is why most of the fighters in the "moderate terrorist" groups we support are imported.

We would serve the people, and end the flow of refugees if we stopped supporting the terrorists who are trying to overthrow the recognized government of Syria.

Instead we keep increasing our support and keep the war going. We are the bad guys and we are losing because of that.

Forum List

Back