Oh Snap Obama - Boots on the Ground??

As I understand it the President is not talking about putting a large number of troops on the ground for an extended period of time which is what you will have to do to defeat ISIS militarily. If this is the case it begs the question whats the point of putting any boots on the ground?
I think that we should be telling the Iraqi Army to man up and we should let Assad handle his own business with them (ISIS). I'm guilty of using "boots on the ground" but I agree that we should be calling them "troops on the ground" because they are people and not "boots". I'm will to bet that there are CCT's there and FAC's there already calling in airstrikes. I can see this starting as Sf guys initially (Green Berets) to train counter insurgency forces, rangers as a larger assault force, and SEALS to run raids to take care of HVTs. Hopefully we don't have to go much further than that. Though I can see some Cav and Armor being used to soften things up.
I agree with pushing ISIS back into Syria and let ISIS and Assad beat the hell out of each other as for Iraq we have troops already there the Kurds who we know can and will fight. If we would increase our airstrikes and send air controllers to the front lines to make the strikes more effective and arm the Kurds I think ISIS could be pushed out of Iraq and destroyed on their retreat back to Syria and if they aren't as already has been stated let them and the Assad regime kill each other.

As I understand it the President is not talking about putting a large number of troops on the ground for an extended period of time which is what you will have to do to defeat ISIS militarily. If this is the case it begs the question whats the point of putting any boots on the ground?
I think that we should be telling the Iraqi Army to man up and we should let Assad handle his own business with them (ISIS). I'm guilty of using "boots on the ground" but I agree that we should be calling them "troops on the ground" because they are people and not "boots". I'm will to bet that there are CCT's there and FAC's there already calling in airstrikes. I can see this starting as Sf guys initially (Green Berets) to train counter insurgency forces, rangers as a larger assault force, and SEALS to run raids to take care of HVTs. Hopefully we don't have to go much further than that. Though I can see some Cav and Armor being used to soften things up.
I agree with pushing ISIS back into Syria and let ISIS and Assad beat the hell out of each other as for Iraq we have troops already there the Kurds who we know can and will fight. If we would increase our airstrikes and send air controllers to the front lines to make the strikes more effective and arm the Kurds I think ISIS could be pushed out of Iraq and destroyed on their retreat back to Syria and if they aren't as already has been stated let them and the Assad regime kill each other.

Not that simple!

How Iraq s black market in oil funds ISIS - CNN.com

In order to cure the ISIS problem the president is going to have to commit troops. Now that he wants to do something, republicans put their arms up and say, well lets talk it over.

The Phantom Diaries President Obama Boots on the Ground
Lol oh right because republicans have a stellar record on attempting diplomatic relations with Obama.
Its hard to have relations with someone who wants to rape you every time.
Apparently you have some childhood issues to resolve. You won't get that here.
Apparently you need to resolve being a 13yr old troll posting on dad's computer.

What was the point of any of it? The point was that Obama's policies are aimed at his domestic audience for political purposes, not to deal with the problem. So he has to appear to do something, but not enough to anger his supporters on the Left.
This is Obama's entire presidency: He doesnt govern for the country, he campaigns for himself and the Democrat Party.

In order to cure the ISIS problem the president is going to have to commit troops. Now that he wants to do something, republicans put their arms up and say, well lets talk it over.

The Phantom Diaries President Obama Boots on the Ground

That's their playbook; "oppose everything he does and act like it's an 'outrage' even if you agree with it.". John Stewart had an excellent retort for the dolts on Foxnews. He pointed out that America is responsible for over 80% of the airstrikes against those bastards.

See how the far left will justify the illegal wars of Obama..
No, I don't see that. For starters, I don't agree with American "boots on the ground". secondly, if the situation is so dire, I think their should be a press for a United Nations "peace keeping" (made up of other countries besides the United States) force to enter the region and stop ISIS, the same with the animals in Nigeria.
Finally,I agree that he should do what he has done by officially asking for that AUM from Congress. We also should not have interfered with the Syrian problem in the first place.
Firstly we should have put boots on the ground to begin with
Second, Obama's strategy was directed more to his domestic audience than solving any problem
Third, the UN are a bunch of pussies.
Fourth, Obama supposedly assembled a coalition. Which isnt working
Fifth, why did he wait until now? Wasnt his initial strategy good enough?
Sixth Obama's policy was that Assad had to go. Now he's helping him. How's that for flip flop?

If we hadn't meddled with the Syrian situation in the first place, we probable wouldn't have to put any boots on the ground. The same could be said about the previous Administration and Iraq. I think it's time to convince the UN to "man up", the same goes for some of our NATO allies (Turkey). Those sorties are hurting ISIS, we need to stop the flow of new people from foreign countries who are joining them. We need to find out how they recruit people and run a sting operation of sorts. Strategy and tactics are fluid. We should have let Assad handle them in the first place.
Thank you, General Clueless.
I personally blame WInston Churchill.
The whole "if this then that" line of excuses is plain stupid. We have the situation we have. Now what do we do to achieve our aims?
The UN isnt going to do anything. The last time they sent peacekeepers the terrorists kicked their asses and took their guns. No help there.
NATO? Forget it. Maybe Greece will send troops. It isnt a NATO issue anyway.
No, leading from behind is a losing strategy.

I dont think its possible to contain them at the border. and we will end up fucking the Kurds over because that's what we do.

No nation wants US ground troops on their territories that is necessary to launch an attack...before any troops can go in, negotiations must be made to allow it....until then, our hands are tied....
and you don't think we're way past that? Really?

I dont think its possible to contain them at the border. and we will end up fucking the Kurds over because that's what we do.
It's possible but you would need a President committed to the task.

Elements of both parties are not happy with the recommendation of Obama, supported by Biden, Hagel, and Kerry.

Obama just ass fucked the far right and the far left.

This will allow him to do just as he wants while Congress quarrels, since we already have the Spec Ops troops in Iraq and Kuwait.

Watch what the far right reactionary drones like Kosh are going to say,now that they are trapped.
Yup, Kosh trolled and was reported.

I am not happy the Pres is going to use more troops, even if only in limited numbers. The Iraqis and Kurds and Syrians have to destroy ISIS. We are not going to stay in the ME. They are.

Yeah uh huh. OK starkey. O was always a hawk flying around in doves feathers. He fooled you though.

ISIS doesn't actually represent an imminent threat to our vital national interests. It's reasonable to offer some support to those nations who are in fact threatened,

but its their job to do the dirty work not ours.

Obviously this far right report troll does not understand what was posted and still supports Obama's illegal wars. :)

Is it still your feeding time far left report troll?

Continue on and on, but you do support Obama's illegal wars. I have heard that coming out of the closet can be a great feeling, so when will you come out of tat far left closet?

Which illegal wars did Obama engage in?

ISIS doesn't actually represent an imminent threat to our vital national interests. It's reasonable to offer some support to those nations who are in fact threatened,

but its their job to do the dirty work not ours.

Oh look the far left drones need their programming updated on what Obama is planning on doing and still support his illegal wars..

Elements of both parties are not happy with the recommendation of Obama, supported by Biden, Hagel, and Kerry.

This will allow him to do just as he wants while Congress quarrels, since we already have the Spec Ops troops in Iraq and Kuwait.

Watch what the far right reactionary drones like Kosh are going to say,now that they are trapped.

I am not happy the Pres is going to use more troops, even if only in limited numbers. The Iraqis and Kurds and Syrians have to destroy ISIS. We are not going to stay in the ME. They are.

See how the far left reports people that call them out as the far left drones that they are..

Although this one is know for their report trolling..

Yet still no outrage from the far left drones on Obama's illegal wars..

Name the illegal wars and I'll tell you if I supported them or opposed them.

Obviously this far right report troll does not understand what was posted and still supports Obama's illegal wars. :)

Continue on and on, but you do support Obama's illegal wars. I have heard that coming out of the closet can be a great feeling, so when will you come out of tat far left closet?

Proof that the far left drones will look the other way as Obama continues his illegal wars.

Also showing why the far left religion is the most dangerous on the planet..

See how the far left reports people that call them out as the far left drones that they are..

Although this one is know for their report trolling..

Yet still no outrage from the far left drones on Obama's illegal wars..

Name the illegal wars and I'll tell you if I supported them or opposed them.

Another prime example of the dangerous religion known as the far left.

So yes they support Obama's illegal wars with each and every post..

Proof that the far left drones will look the other way as Obama continues his illegal wars.

You are either 1. extremely stupid or 2. extremely insane.
If we took a vote, what do you think the outcome would be koshy?

And koshy, you got any male relatives you can "volunteer" to take your place in the war you are pushing?

Or are you just all mouth and don't really give a flying fuck that someone else's kids get killed to make you what............feel better about your self? Justify your fears?

I would send my slaves in your place, but they all moved back to Mexico. You want a job yet?

And koshy, you got any male relatives you can "volunteer" to take your place in the war you are pushing?

Or are you just all mouth and don't really give a flying fuck that someone else's kids get killed to make you what............feel better about your self? Justify your fears?

I would send my slaves in your place, but they all moved back to Mexico. You want a job yet?

O is the one pushing the war sporty.

And all the far left religious dogma comes out to support the fact that they can be bought with illegal slave labor to support Obama's illegal wars..

Really sport? I just saw where Bohener thinks Obama doesn't go far enough in asking for troops.
Maybe you could do a little research before you run your mouth. Or not and just continue to make yourself look the fool. Your choice.

Really sport? I just saw where Bohener thinks Obama doesn't go far enough in asking for troops.
Maybe you could do a little research before you run your mouth. Or not and just continue to make yourself look the fool. Your choice.

No, no sporty. Boehner cant dial up a war. He can say whatever. O is the one pushing this latest adventure.

Forum List

Back