Oh-Oh, For Obamacare

Don't inflate yourself Meister...I was not talking about me you and willow are angry at. I am referring to who you are brainwashed to be angry at, by the very people who are fucking you in the ass...

Drink some more Kool-Aid, son. Because, you certainly are brainwashed and have proven it time and again on this board.

I laugh every time I see your 'old school'... I am old school. I remember when our economy was community based, until BIG corporations took over every aspect of commerce. Now it cost taxpayers money to subsidize the low wages of the Walmarts of the world.

But keep on supporting the GOP...I mean GOC...government of corporations.

And the democrats don't support corporations? You got me laughing on that one :lol:

Drink some more Kool-Aid, son. Because, you certainly are brainwashed and have proven it time and again on this board.

I laugh every time I see your 'old school'... I am old school. I remember when our economy was community based, until BIG corporations took over every aspect of commerce. Now it cost taxpayers money to subsidize the low wages of the Walmarts of the world.

And the democrats don't support corporations? You got me laughing on that one :lol:

Laugh all you want. Republicans are owned by corporations and the elite, like the Koch brothers and the Chamber of Commerce. Are there Democrats who could be Republicans, yea, the blue dogs. And although the Democrats are not perfect, they are still overwhelmingly for the people, especially compared to the Republicans.

It is nothing new...

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They approve of social security benefits-so much so that they took them away from almost a million people. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They believe in international trade--so much so that they crippled our reciprocal trade program, and killed our International Wheat Agreement. They favor the admission of displaced persons--but only within shameful racial and religious limitations.They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They say TVA is wonderful--but we ought never to try it again. They condemn "cruelly high prices"--but fight to the death every effort to bring them down. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it."
Truman Library - Public Papers of the Presidents: Harry S. Truman

Laugh all you want. Republicans are owned by corporations and the elite, like the Koch brothers and the Chamber of Commerce. Are there Democrats who could be Republicans, yea, the blue dogs. And although the Democrats are not perfect, they are still overwhelmingly for the people, especially compared to the Republicans.

It is nothing new...

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They approve of social security benefits-so much so that they took them away from almost a million people. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They believe in international trade--so much so that they crippled our reciprocal trade program, and killed our International Wheat Agreement. They favor the admission of displaced persons--but only within shameful racial and religious limitations.They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They say TVA is wonderful--but we ought never to try it again. They condemn "cruelly high prices"--but fight to the death every effort to bring them down. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it."

This is where your brainwashing comes into play, BFGRN. The democrats are in to corporations just as much...they just do it with a wink and a nod. Try not to be so naive.

It is nothing new...

This is where your brainwashing comes into play, BFGRN. The democrats are in to corporations just as much...they just do it with a wink and a nod. Try not to be so naive.

Hey Meister, if both parties are the same, and We, the People share the same concerns over corporate power, why is it I never hear anything critical of corporations from YOU or any other right wingers?

BTW, did you know Oscar Wilde personally Meister?

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.
Oscar Wilde

It is nothing new...

Hey Meister, if both parties are the same, and We, the People share the same concerns over corporate power, why is it I never hear anything critical of corporations from YOU or any other right wingers?

Oscar Wilde

What's your solution, BFGRN....vote for democrats? :lol:

Oscar Wilde

YES...Progressive Democrats, Kennedy Democrats and liberals who are strong on corporate regulations and environmental protection.

Hey Meister, why are all but one Senators and Congressmen/women named as the dirty dozen all Republicans?

lcv-2010-banner.jpg

LCV 2010 Dirty Dozen

LCV's trademark Dirty Dozen program targets candidates for Congress — regardless of party affiliation — who consistently vote against clean energy and conservation.

Nothing turns out to be so oppressive and unjust as a feeble government.
Edmund Burke

Last edited:
Interesting results from McKinsey, which, of course must be vilified and attacked for telling the truth:

The White House routinely tries to intimidate its health-care critics, but the campaign against McKinsey & Co. is something else. The management consultants attempted to find out how U.S. business will respond to the government restructuring of 17.3% of the economy, Democrats don't like the results, and so McKinsey must pay with its reputation.

The firm's sin was to canvass some 1,300 companies and report that nearly a third will "definitely" or "probably" stop offering insurance to employees after 2014, dumping them instead into ObamaCare's subsidized exchanges. McKinsey conducted the survey as part of its routine market research.

Democrats immediately blasted the results, attacked McKinsey's integrity and demanded that it release its methodology and full responses. Nancy-Ann DeParle, the deputy chief of staff who is running ObamaCare from the White House, was withering. Senate Finance Chairman Max Baucus chimed in with questions like "Who are your biggest clients? Do you expect McKinsey & Co. to benefit financially from the results of this survey?"

So this week McKinsey opened its books, and what do you know, the survey was rigorous. Respondents were a representative cross-section of businesses of many sizes and across industries and regions, and the questions were impartial....

Review & Outlook: Shutting Up McKinsey - WSJ.com

Oscar Wilde

YES...Progressive Democrats, Kennedy Democrats and liberals who are strong on corporate regulations and environmental protection.

Hey Meister, why are all but one Senators and Congressmen/women named as the dirty dozen all Republicans?

lcv-2010-banner.jpg

LCV 2010 Dirty Dozen

LCV's trademark Dirty Dozen program targets candidates for Congress — regardless of party affiliation — who consistently vote against clean energy and conservation.

Nothing turns out to be so oppressive and unjust as a feeble government.
Edmund Burke

Yes...it's a republican problem. :rolleyes:

But tax forms recently made public show that Democrats have not been immune from collecting corporate funds to help its politicians gain an electoral edge. The Democratic Governors Association vacuumed up $11.6 million in contributions -- mostly from corporations and unions -- during the second half of 2009. For the year, DGA raised $23.1 million, a record.
Republicans used a parallel organization, known as the Republican Governor's Association, to bring in nearly $18 million, also largely from corporate donors, most notably large banks and health insurance companies. The GOP also got a boost from wealthy individual givers, including Texas home-builder Bob Perry, a veteran of the 2004 Swift Boat ad campaign that targeted Democratic presidential hopeful John F. Kerry, who gave $2 million, and the celebrity mogul Donald Trump, who gave $75,000. For the year, the RGA pulled in $30 million -- like the Democratic figure, a record.
Democrats Rake In Record Donations From Corporations - ABC News

When totaling the top 100 non-individual donors from this election cycle, the DGA raised $28.2 million with 59 percent coming from corporations, 36 percent from unions and five percent from trade associations. The RGA raised $30.5 million this election cycle from its top 100 non-individual donors with 70 percent coming from corporations, 28 percent coming from trade associations and two percent from ideological organizations.
http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2010/11/democrats-and-republicans-sharing-b.html

"Yeah, but...but...but Democrats don't mean it! They're just using The Man's money to...errr...speak truth to power! Yeah, that's it! KKKorporations, man!!"

RIght, Bfgrn?

Some of them do speak truth to power, and some of them don't. But there really is no option with the GOP as it is now structured. The GOP is so far to the right of the party of Eisenhower, Everett Dirksen and Goldwater it offers no options. We need major reform in election funding. Our founding fathers forbid corporations from making any political contributions or even charitable contributions.

"The fact that this is being discovered now tells you, what else is baked into this law?" said Leavitt, who served as Health and Human Services secretary under President George H.W. Bush.

...this isn't being discovered now, nor is it "glitch." This is part of the House's revisions to the Senate bill in March 2010. The House bill extended Medicaid eligibility up to 150% of the poverty line, the Senate bill extended it only to 133%. The compromise was the Senate bill's 133% coupled with a 5% income disregard, effectively putting the eligibility threshold at 138%.

If you're still in the dark about some of these basic facts about the law, there are some very digestible bite-size summaries available out there (e.g. KFF's Medicaid and CHIP provisions in the new health reform law notes the 5 percent income disregard on page 1). The simplified way income is to be counted also isn't a revelation. These threads would be much more interesting if they were aimed at highlighting areas for improvement in the policy, not anger that you just became aware of what it is.

The plan was to saddle the states with higher Medicare costs in order to make it look like Obamacare was reducing the health care costs by not adding them to the federal deficit?

Nice to see someone admit it, even if he is a shill.

I pay my taxes too willow. You are not civilized. You are completely brainwashed. Why don't you turn off all the right wing talking heads and go out and meet fellow Americans. See if you can pick out who is an evil leftist.

i can pick a few out without going outside....they post right here on this board.....i dont want to mention any names....but Dean immediately comes to mind....then theres Chris......Deans public defender Sangha....im sure i am missing a few......

It's pretty simple. The countries American corporate traitors outsource jobs to are human and environmental hell holes. Something you right wingers want to turn America into.

10483-India-Pollution-.jpg
india-air-pollution.jpg

2006_12_31_lahore_rubbish_pollution_520x390.JPG
monsoon-pollution-india.jpg

"We didn't inherit this land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Lakota Sioux Proverb

I have planted over 600 trees this year. Sorry to burst your incorrect generalization. Note many of your pics are not corporate generated waste.

Well, you won't hear liberals calling for an end to the EPA, letting corporations police themselves or allowing coal power plants to continue to kill 13,000 people every year.

I think environmentalist Robert F. Kennedy said it best: "Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"

Robert Jr....is a fucking hypocrite....period.....

"The fact that this is being discovered now tells you, what else is baked into this law?" said Leavitt, who served as Health and Human Services secretary under President George H.W. Bush.

...this isn't being discovered now, nor is it "glitch." This is part of the House's revisions to the Senate bill in March 2010. The House bill extended Medicaid eligibility up to 150% of the poverty line, the Senate bill extended it only to 133%. The compromise was the Senate bill's 133% coupled with a 5% income disregard, effectively putting the eligibility threshold at 138%.

If you're still in the dark about some of these basic facts about the law, there are some very digestible bite-size summaries available out there (e.g. KFF's Medicaid and CHIP provisions in the new health reform law notes the 5 percent income disregard on page 1). The simplified way income is to be counted also isn't a revelation. These threads would be much more interesting if they were aimed at highlighting areas for improvement in the policy, not anger that you just became aware of what it is.

The plan was to saddle the states with higher Medicare costs in order to make it look like Obamacare was reducing the health care costs by not adding them to the federal deficit?

Nice to see someone admit it, even if he is a shill.

*cough medicaid too cough *

;)

Well, you won't hear liberals calling for an end to the EPA, letting corporations police themselves or allowing coal power plants to continue to kill 13,000 people every year.

I think environmentalist Robert F. Kennedy said it best: "Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"

Please cite your source for 13,000 deaths in the US from coal power plants. Also, while your at it, show me how we police ANY of the places in your pictures. Robert F. Kennnedy was not an environmentalist, he was a growth agent of government.

If the American worker is underpaid, why are most of the products Americans choose to buy foreign made? How is it Americans are paid more to produce similiar products other countries make less expensively?

It's pretty simple. The countries American corporate traitors outsource jobs to are human and environmental hell holes. Something you right wingers want to turn America into.

india-air-pollution.jpg

"We didn't inherit this land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Lakota Sioux Proverb

:lol:sooo, prior to say 1970, our detritus, exhaust etc. all just magically flew off in the saddlebags of Unicorns?

oh and here we go with the weepy homilies, usually means someone is out of logic......

Last edited:

Please cite your source for 13,000 deaths in the US from coal power plants. Also, while your at it, show me how we police ANY of the places in your pictures. Robert F. Kennnedy was not an environmentalist, he was a growth agent of government.

We don't police any of the places in the pictures. Try to pay attention. What I said was "It's pretty simple. The countries American corporate traitors outsource jobs to are human and environmental hell holes. Something you right wingers want to turn America into."

Robert F. Kennedy JUNIOR -

header-logo.png

Toxic Air: Time to Clean Up Coal-fired Power Plants _______________________________________________
Did you know that the coal-fired power plants, found across the country, emit health-threatening toxins into our air every day? Toxins like arsenic, mercury, acid gases and lead. The American Lung Association’s new report Toxic Air: The Case for Cleaning Up Coal-fired Power Plants, reveals the hazardous air pollution emitted from power plants and why now is the time to clean them up and protect ou health.

The report highlights the long list of uncontrolled pollutants from these plants including dangerous pollutants such as arsenic, mercury, dioxins, formaldehyde, acid gases and PAHs, just to name a few. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is required on March 16 to issue a proposal to finally clean up these hazardous air pollutants. This comes more than twenty years after Congress added requirements to the Clean Air Act—with strong bipartisan support—that these toxic emissions must be stopped.

Hazards revealed

The Lung Association’s report reveals the real public health threat from coal-fired power plants.

>> Coal-fired power plants that sell electricity to the grid produce more hazardous air pollution in the U.S. than any other industrial pollution sources.

>> More than 400 coal-fired power plants located in 46 states across the country release more that 386,000 tons of hazardous air pollutants into the atmosphere each year.

>> Particle pollution from power plants is estimated to kill approximately 13,000 people a year.

“Power plant pollution kills people,” said Charles D. Connor, President and CEO of the American Lung Association. “It threatens the brains and nervous system of children. It can cause cancer, heart attacks and strokes.

“It’s time that we end the ‘toxic loophole’ that has allowed coal-burning power plants to operate without any federal limits on emissions of mercury, arsenic, dioxin, acid gases such as hydrogen chloride and other dangerous pollutants,” said Charles D. Connor, president and CEO of the American Lung Association.

“People living closest to these plants, especially children, seniors, pregnant women and those with chronic disease face the greatest risk, but it doesn’t stop there. Pollution from coal-fired power plants takes flight and travels far into other states—threatening public health.”

Time for EPA to act

The Clean Air Act requires that hazardous air pollutants from coal-fired power plants be controlled. Because EPA is overdue in delivering its proposal for cleaning up these plants, the agency is under a court order to propose these regulations by March 16. Without the new rules, no national standards exist to limit these pollutants from these plants.

The Lung Association report identifies modern pollution control technologies that that are currently in use in some plants, which are readily available for installation at other plants. The law sets the cleanup requirements based on actual performance facilities, but each power plant will select the specific pollution control strategies to reduce their emissions.

“The American public has waited long enough—more than two decades. We are counting on EPA to protect all Americans from the health risks imposed by these dangerous pollutants once and for all.”

More

If the American worker is underpaid, why are most of the products Americans choose to buy foreign made? How is it Americans are paid more to produce similiar products other countries make less expensively?

india-air-pollution.jpg

Lakota Sioux Proverb

:lol:sooo, prior to say 1970, our detritus, exhaust etc. all just magically flew off in the saddlebags of Unicorns?

oh and here we go with the weepy homilies, usually means someone is out of logic......

Educate yourself ...

Historical Photos and Images | About EPA | US EPA

Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement | Great Lakes | US EPA

Caring about the well being of other human beings and every living creature is not ' weepy homilies', it is the foundation of Christianity and the core beliefs this nation was founded on. It is We, the People, not I the person.

Your condemnation says more about you, and what you lack as a human being. Sad for you...

Forum List

Back