Oh my... Boss agrees with a radical feminist?

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Never in a million years would I ever have thought that I would be making such a post. It's not that I am sexist or misogynist, I am just not generally a radical extremist. I have always advocated for equality for women but I felt the feminist agenda went a little overboard. I still feel the same way about radical feminism but this radical feminist has impressed me with some profound points and wisdom on a hot topic of the day.... Transgenders.

Lierre Keith is her name. You can Google her but mostly what you will find is her vociferous campaign against vegetarianism and veganism. (Another issue I tend to agree with her on.) It's a little tougher to find her more recent stance on transgenders. I recently heard her in a podcast with Steven Crowder discussing this and I will try to paraphrase her argument here.

Keith is appalled that society has somehow accepted this movement with open arms. She has devoted her life to the cause of feminism from the perspective that it's okay to be different. Just because you are a boy, doesn't mean you can't like sparkly things and dance.... it's who you are and that's okay. There's nothing wrong with you, nothing needs to be changed about you. The importance of the feminist movement is to break the stereotypes society has deemed "appropriate" and embrace individuality, individual choices. Just because you're a woman doesn't mean you're less than a man. Your genitalia has nothing to do with who you are as an individual.

She maintains that the whole transgender movement seeks to reinforce those old stereotypes of what you have to be in order to fit in. If you're a man who feels like a woman, you have to dress a certain way and behave a certain way... you have to change your genitalia in order to comply with societal standards to be more "normal" ....and she rejects this notion. You feel like you feel and there is no need for you to have to alter your body to conform to society.

Lierre points out that society has now put it's "stamp of approval" on some dangerous things... Children as young as 12 and 13 are being pumped full of hormones to change their chemistry and make them different. We're allowing radical mutilation of reproductive systems to be done in the name of conformity. These are most impressionable young people who may simply be confused at this time in their life, or not sure what they want to be... but we're transforming them through genetic chemistry and mutilation that can't be reversed. And we've somehow accepted this as being politically correct and appropriate when it's completely NOT.

In fact, it contradicts every principle she has stood for and fought for all these years as a feminist. Oddly enough, I agree with her on this! When did we jump the shark on common sense? Why do we presume it's the "right thing to do" in allowing society to chemically alter people and sexually mutilate them in order to fit in? It's actually moving in the opposite direction of accepting people for who they are and how they choose to be. It's forcing them into a stereotype of how society wants them to be instead of accepting they are different and that it's okay to be different... you don't need to change anything. There is nothing wrong with your genitals. There is nothing wrong with feeling how you feel. You don't need to alter yourself to fit in.

Furthermore, she goes on to say that her viewpoint has been widely renounced by what she calls "Liberal Fascism". She has had college speaking engagements cancelled due to her unpopular and unconventional positions. She is being systemically black-balled by the radical left and it's a shocker to her as someone who has always been a radical lefty. Her voice is being silenced by the left who simply don't even want to engage in the debate with her. They've thrown her under the bus and have vilified her in every way, calling her every name in the book and denouncing her repeatedly.

Now..... I am here to tell you all something.... It's getting pretty bad when Boss agrees with a radical feminist! I applaud Lierre Keith for standing up for what she believes in the face of the radical liberal fascists. That takes some fucking courage and she has my undying support in this message. You go girl!

Wow... I was expecting at least some shock and dismay.... I guess I shocked everyone into silence? :dunno:

interesting perspective and she's probably right, societal norms pushed could be an underlying cause...?

Here is the podcast I was listening to, in case you want to see it for yourself. Her portion is a little ways in... about 45 minutes as I recall... the first part is about Brexit.

interesting perspective and she's probably right, societal norms pushed could be an underlying cause...?

Well that was kind of her point... Society has somehow accepted that it's "the right thing" to embrace this notion of mutilating our sex organs and pumping people full of dangerous hormones in order to fit in with what society finds "normal" ....but that's anything BUT normal. It's actually a contradiction from the principles of feminism to throw off the social stereotypes.

Wow... I was expecting at least some shock and dismay.... I guess I shocked everyone into silence? :dunno:

Equal right for women does not mean to elude gays or transgender from their rights.
Men have more problem with LGBT than most women do. They are not a threat to women.
"evangelical" bible thumpers create a problem over people's natural sexual identity. They want to force a conformity and label everyone else "sinners".
Freedom of religion, freedom of identity, right to control your own body, right to be who you want to be.............
Individual rights should be accepted on both sides of the aisle as a constitutional right. Not all people believe in the bible or certain interpretations of the bible, nor should they be forced to conform to it.

LGBT are natural identities for some. Not a mental sickness. They are created and born to be that way, as themselves. They don't' deserve to be treated with abuse or called sinners or freaks.

Equal right for women does not mean to elude gays or transgender from their rights.
Men have more problem with LGBT than most women do. They are not a threat to women.
"evangelical" bible thumpers create a problem over people's natural sexual identity. They want to force a conformity and label everyone else "sinners".
Freedom of religion, freedom of identity, right to control your own body, right to be who you want to be.............
Individual rights should be accepted on both sides of the aisle as a constitutional right. Not all people believe in the bible or certain interpretations of the bible, nor should they be forced to conform to it.

LGBT are natural identities for some. Not a mental sickness. They are created and born to be that way, as themselves. They don't' deserve to be treated with abuse or called sinners or freaks.

But aren't you "forcing conformity" by saying someone has to dress like a female and have their genitalia changed in order to fit a social stereotype? Shouldn't individuals be allowed to "be themselves" without the need for conforming to what society thinks is acceptable? In other words, if I am a man who feels like a woman, why should I have to wear makeup and a dress? Can't I just feel like a woman and that be okay? Why do I need to satisfy the societal expectations of what a woman is supposed to look like?

This isn't about gay, lesbian or bisexual... it's specifically about the latest "transgender" thing that has become lumped in with the others as if it's the same thing... it's NOT the same, it's actually the antithesis. It's like saying that if you are gay, you have to dress gay and look gay. If you are lesbian, you have to have short hair and look lesbian. We can objectively see where that would be ludicrous... but not with transgender... somehow, it has been accepted that endorsing this particular stereotype in order to "fit in" is appropriate and something to be applauded.

Lierre Keith is outright rejecting that notion and maintaining that you don't have to conform to the stereotypes, there's nothing wrong with your body the way it is and you should be accepted for who you are without having to change it. I agree with her point on this and that surprises me a little. I probably don't agree with her on much of her political views but on this, she has a valid point and one that should be made.

But aren't you "forcing conformity" by saying someone has to dress like a female and have their genitalia changed in order to fit a social stereotype? Shouldn't individuals be allowed to "be themselves" without the need for conforming to what society thinks is acceptable? In other words, if I am a man who feels like a woman, why should I have to wear makeup and a dress? Can't I just feel like a woman and that be okay? Why do I need to satisfy the societal expectations of what a woman is supposed to look like?

This isn't about gay, lesbian or bisexual... it's specifically about the latest "transgender" thing that has become lumped in with the others as if it's the same thing... it's NOT the same, it's actually the antithesis. It's like saying that if you are gay, you have to dress gay and look gay. If you are lesbian, you have to have short hair and look lesbian. We can objectively see where that would be ludicrous... but not with transgender... somehow, it has been accepted that endorsing this particular stereotype in order to "fit in" is appropriate and something to be applauded.

Lierre Keith is outright rejecting that notion and maintaining that you don't have to conform to the stereotypes, there's nothing wrong with your body the way it is and you should be accepted for who you are without having to change it. I agree with her point on this and that surprises me a little. I probably don't agree with her on much of her political views but on this, she has a valid point and one that should be made.

You misunderstand, dress is not a necessity, living as a woman and getting some type of hormone and/or surgical changes. It is the living as a woman for at least 18 months that is the main thing for changing a name and identity on an ID card. Women wear pants, they don't always wear make-up, they don't all have long hair...............

Most transgender that I have known like to wear dresses at least in their free time. Most work places have some kind of black or khaki pants and a polo shirt of set color. Medical fields usually wear scrubs. The rest is a mix of standards for work places.

However they dress, those that identify as women should be treated as women and those who identify as men should be treated as men.

Transgenders have been working in the military for years, some as their identity and some tried to hide except in their off hours. Now they can serve openly if they have lived as their transgender identity for at least 18 months and already undergone some treatment or surgery. No the military is not going to pay for SRS but will cover already ongoing hormone therapy.

You misunderstand, dress is not a necessity, living as a woman and getting some type of hormone and/or surgical changes. It is the living as a woman for at least 18 months that is the main thing for changing a name and identity on an ID card. Women wear pants, they don't always wear make-up, they don't all have long hair...............

Most transgender that I have known like to wear dresses at least in their free time. Most work places have some kind of black or khaki pants and a polo shirt of set color. Medical fields usually wear scrubs. The rest is a mix of standards for work places.

However they dress, those that identify as women should be treated as women and those who identify as men should be treated as men.

Transgenders have been working in the military for years, some as their identity and some tried to hide except in their off hours. Now they can serve openly if they have lived as their transgender identity for at least 18 months and already undergone some treatment or surgery. No the military is not going to pay for SRS but will cover already ongoing hormone therapy.

But don't you realize you are promoting a social stereotype? Not only that, but you are actively promoting the inducing of hormones and genital mutilation in order to "fit in" with a societal trope. There is nothing wrong with people AS THEY ARE! There is no need for hormones or surgeries in order to conform to a stereotype. People should be accepted for their individuality and sexual identity without that. It's reinforcing a social expectation... like expecting a woman to wear makeup or dresses... or otherwise, they aren't "normal women."

But don't you realize you are promoting a social stereotype? Not only that, but you are actively promoting the inducing of hormones and genital mutilation in order to "fit in" with a societal trope. There is nothing wrong with people AS THEY ARE! There is no need for hormones or surgeries in order to conform to a stereotype. People should be accepted for their individuality and sexual identity without that. It's reinforcing a social expectation... like expecting a woman to wear makeup or dresses... or otherwise, they aren't "normal women."

It is a process that begins with psychiatric evaluation to make sure there is not some underline problems, then doctors have to approve the hormones, then various surgeries can begin. Malformations and disabilities are surgically repaired to give the person the best life possible. Someone born in the wrong body feel they were born deformed.
In the next year people will be able to have head transplants to functional bodies or bodies of the "correct" sex. Those born without a womb will be able to surgically transplant those as well.
Take it to the extreme and the brain identity can even be transplanted into a computer/robot.
It will be decades before surgeries are common place, but the medical science is there now and there are surgeries scheduled within the next year or two. Animal surgeries have been successful. Women have already had womb transplants.

It may well be that brain/head transplants can be done using an animal body till a human body is available. Identity will become even more fluid, animals human hybrid, human machine hybrid, man/female hybrid and many mixes in between. The brain will be the only determining identity, not the body. It may also allow human conscience to live for hundreds of years long after the body fails. It may be that when the body is done the mind will be encompassed into a brain "matrix" of sorts.

Animal nature or human nature, sexuality has been fluid since the first life forms. There is no strict male and female. Many species can change sex or some can be both at the same time. Nature is wondrous in it's variety.

Someone born in the wrong body feel they were born deformed.

But they're NOT deformed, there is nothing WRONG with their body. There is something wrong with society who doesn't accept them for who they are. The perceptions of society is what needs to change, not their bodies.

In the next year people will be able to have head transplants to functional bodies or bodies of the "correct" sex. Those born without a womb will be able to surgically transplant those as well.

Again... You are advocating that people mutilate their body in order to conform to what society expects. You're reinforcing the long-held stereotypes that undermine the very foundation and cornerstone of feminism. You're telling people there is something wrong with them physically and they must feel the need to mutilate themselves to conform. You're allowing a generation of young people to be injected with dangerous hormones and alter their bodies irreversibly because you think they NEED to do this to be accepted in society. It's 100% the WRONG message.

Animal nature or human nature, sexuality has been fluid since the first life forms. There is no strict male and female. Many species can change sex or some can be both at the same time. Nature is wondrous in it's variety.

Again... NATURE is FINE just the way it is! We are made how we are made! YOU are advocating something UN-natural! A departure from nature.... a very RADICAL one, and one that can't be reversed. All for the sake of satisfying this societal expectation of how someone is supposed to look.... or how they are supposed to be to be "normal!"

Someone born in the wrong body feel they were born deformed.

But they're NOT deformed, there is nothing WRONG with their body. There is something wrong with society who doesn't accept them for who they are. The perceptions of society is what needs to change, not their bodies.

they need to be free enough to be who they are inside. It is the heart and mind that should matter, not the shell.

We know appearance can matter, if you have some pride and keep yourself clean and tidy what you are should matter less. We instinctively are drawn to things that are nice or cute looking. Wild is seen as more dangerous. Yes, we can be petty but if you are comfortable in your skin and respect yourself it shows. If you don't care for yourself it will be harder for others to care for you.

For the christians.............god helps those who help themselves. Head up, smile, be friendly and polite. Slump, shuffle, and mumble it will be harder for you to have people open up to you.

When you embrace yet a dumb conservative strawman, that's not news, so nobody cares.

Actually most RadFem's actually can't stand male to female transgenders because they see them as trying to "steal femininity" from real women. To me it just shows they don't want biological men to join them on the race to "who's most oppressed".

Again... You are advocating that people mutilate their body in order to conform to what society expects. You're reinforcing the long-held stereotypes that undermine the very foundation and cornerstone of feminism. You're telling people there is something wrong with them physically and they must feel the need to mutilate themselves to conform. You're allowing a generation of young people to be injected with dangerous hormones and alter their bodies irreversibly because you think they NEED to do this to be accepted in society. It's 100% the WRONG message.

People should be happy with their body or make it so they are happy. They have to live in there. They have to find a way to be comfortable in their own skin, even if that means changing it. Their life their happiness.

When you embrace yet a dumb conservative strawman, that's not news, so nobody cares.

Actually most RadFem's actually can't stand male to female transgenders because they see them as trying to "steal femininity" from real women. To me it just shows they don't want biological men to join them on the race to "who's most oppressed".

what bunk. They are more concerned with other females than they are with transgenders or gays.............unless she is prettier or better dressed.

what bunk. They are more concerned with other females than they are with transgenders or gays.............unless she is prettier or better dressed.

I've read some of their screeds on this, it really boils down to the fact that they believe a man can't understand truly being a woman, and that men are merely more men trying to oppress women.

Forum List

Back