Oh my... Boss agrees with a radical feminist?

It's so good to be a liberal, and not be required by a political party to hate certain groups. Hating takes too much energy. No wonder so many conservatives are so grumpy.

When you embrace yet a dumb conservative strawman, that's not news, so nobody cares.

Actually most RadFem's actually can't stand male to female transgenders because they see them as trying to "steal femininity" from real women. To me it just shows they don't want biological men to join them on the race to "who's most oppressed".

what bunk. They are more concerned with other females than they are with transgenders or gays.............unless she is prettier or better dressed.

I've read some of their screeds on this, it really boils down to the fact that they believe a man can't understand truly being a woman, and that men are merely more men trying to oppress women.

Women and those with a woman's brain are more empathetic towards others, if not blinded by religious dogma or taught hate.

Men measure themselves by testosterone

Wow... I was expecting at least some shock and dismay.... I guess I shocked everyone into silence? :dunno:
It got boring and I stopped short of figuring out what you and the feminist agreed on. I guess you're both anti gay? That's OK. You'll get over it.

It was like I stopped watching a movie rather than sitting through it just to see the end. So bad you just turn it off and return it to redbox

Wow... I was expecting at least some shock and dismay.... I guess I shocked everyone into silence? :dunno:

Equal right for women does not mean to elude gays or transgender from their rights.
Men have more problem with LGBT than most women do. They are not a threat to women.
"evangelical" bible thumpers create a problem over people's natural sexual identity. They want to force a conformity and label everyone else "sinners".
Freedom of religion, freedom of identity, right to control your own body, right to be who you want to be.............
Individual rights should be accepted on both sides of the aisle as a constitutional right. Not all people believe in the bible or certain interpretations of the bible, nor should they be forced to conform to it.

LGBT are natural identities for some. Not a mental sickness. They are created and born to be that way, as themselves. They don't' deserve to be treated with abuse or called sinners or freaks.

But aren't you "forcing conformity" by saying someone has to dress like a female and have their genitalia changed in order to fit a social stereotype? Shouldn't individuals be allowed to "be themselves" without the need for conforming to what society thinks is acceptable? In other words, if I am a man who feels like a woman, why should I have to wear makeup and a dress? Can't I just feel like a woman and that be okay? Why do I need to satisfy the societal expectations of what a woman is supposed to look like?

This isn't about gay, lesbian or bisexual... it's specifically about the latest "transgender" thing that has become lumped in with the others as if it's the same thing... it's NOT the same, it's actually the antithesis. It's like saying that if you are gay, you have to dress gay and look gay. If you are lesbian, you have to have short hair and look lesbian. We can objectively see where that would be ludicrous... but not with transgender... somehow, it has been accepted that endorsing this particular stereotype in order to "fit in" is appropriate and something to be applauded.

Lierre Keith is outright rejecting that notion and maintaining that you don't have to conform to the stereotypes, there's nothing wrong with your body the way it is and you should be accepted for who you are without having to change it. I agree with her point on this and that surprises me a little. I probably don't agree with her on much of her political views but on this, she has a valid point and one that should be made.

You misunderstand, dress is not a necessity, living as a woman and getting some type of hormone and/or surgical changes. It is the living as a woman for at least 18 months that is the main thing for changing a name and identity on an ID card. Women wear pants, they don't always wear make-up, they don't all have long hair...............

Most transgender that I have known like to wear dresses at least in their free time. Most work places have some kind of black or khaki pants and a polo shirt of set color. Medical fields usually wear scrubs. The rest is a mix of standards for work places.

However they dress, those that identify as women should be treated as women and those who identify as men should be treated as men.

Transgenders have been working in the military for years, some as their identity and some tried to hide except in their off hours. Now they can serve openly if they have lived as their transgender identity for at least 18 months and already undergone some treatment or surgery. No the military is not going to pay for SRS but will cover already ongoing hormone therapy.
We can now send transgender into Isis territory with burkas and they can take Isis out when they come to collect taxes.

they need to be free enough to be who they are inside. It is the heart and mind that should matter, not the shell.

We know appearance can matter, if you have some pride and keep yourself clean and tidy what you are should matter less. We instinctively are drawn to things that are nice or cute looking. Wild is seen as more dangerous. Yes, we can be petty but if you are comfortable in your skin and respect yourself it shows. If you don't care for yourself it will be harder for others to care for you.

For the christians.............god helps those who help themselves. Head up, smile, be friendly and polite. Slump, shuffle, and mumble it will be harder for you to have people open up to you.

So you spent two sentences making a statement in complete agreement with what myself and Lierre Keith are saying.... then two paragraphs in complete contradiction of what you just said. Either "the shell" doesn't matter or it does... can't have it both ways.

You're promoting a social viewpoint that contradicts the idea that the shell doesn't matter and it's what's inside your heart that is important. You're actively condoning people who are confused and feel they have to mutilate themselves and pump dangerous and harmful hormones into their bodies to be who they naturally are.

You are saying that if someone is not comfortable with how they fit in, they should alter themselves to fit in. I'm saying, and I believe Keith is saying, that you don't need to alter yourself to fit in. Society needs to accept you as you are. From HER perspective as a radical feminist, it is no different than society promoting and condoning anorexia and demanding women be skinny and fit in order to be "acceptable" to society... condoning their confusion that this is how they NEED to be in order to feel normal. Should we support a girl's right to starve herself and be skinny because she feels that's how she needs to look to be normal and accepted?

It got boring and I stopped short of figuring out what you and the feminist agreed on. I guess you're both anti gay? That's OK. You'll get over it.

It was like I stopped watching a movie rather than sitting through it just to see the end. So bad you just turn it off and return it to redbox

Well no... I am pretty sure Lierre Keith is probably gay. This has nothing to do with gay.

People should be happy with their body or make it so they are happy. They have to live in there. They have to find a way to be comfortable in their own skin, even if that means changing it. Their life their happiness.

So even if it's something that is harmful to them, they should be encouraged to do it? Like, if a girl WANTS to be anorexic in order that she might feel sexier or more attractive, it's okay for us to support her doing harm to herself in order to "fit in" and we should all embrace her choice?

Think about that.

People should be happy with their body or make it so they are happy. They have to live in there. They have to find a way to be comfortable in their own skin, even if that means changing it. Their life their happiness.

So even if it's something that is harmful to them, they should be encouraged to do it? Like, if a girl WANTS to be anorexic in order that she might feel sexier or more attractive, it's okay for us to support her doing harm to herself in order to "fit in" and we should all embrace her choice?

Think about that.

as opposed to being driven to suicide because they fell like they are in an alien body?
Anorexia also has to do, to a large extent, in body image. If the person fells healthy and good in who they are, the need to be obsessed with the mirror is minimized.
Each person has to find that right size, and looks that makes them feel their best. Roll out of bed, not so much. Get dressed and neat, you feel like you can conquer the world.
Each person has to find that right image they see themselves in that is the most healthy and happy for them. Not what they are made to believe is the optimum "barbie" look for society.
Every body type and size can be styled to best advantage, any woman can be beautiful.

It's so good to be a liberal, and not be required by a political party to hate certain groups. Hating takes too much energy. No wonder so many conservatives are so grumpy.

You guys are some of the most hateful idiots out there, but you use doublethink to delude yourself into thinking otherwise.

When you embrace yet a dumb conservative strawman, that's not news, so nobody cares.

Actually most RadFem's actually can't stand male to female transgenders because they see them as trying to "steal femininity" from real women. To me it just shows they don't want biological men to join them on the race to "who's most oppressed".

what bunk. They are more concerned with other females than they are with transgenders or gays.............unless she is prettier or better dressed.

I've read some of their screeds on this, it really boils down to the fact that they believe a man can't understand truly being a woman, and that men are merely more men trying to oppress women.

Women and those with a woman's brain are more empathetic towards others, if not blinded by religious dogma or taught hate.

Men measure themselves by testosterone

All sorts of assumptions in your post....

Think about that.

as opposed to being driven to suicide because they fell like they are in an alien body?
Anorexia also has to do, to a large extent, in body image. If the person fells healthy and good in who they are, the need to be obsessed with the mirror is minimized.
Each person has to find that right size, and looks that makes them feel their best. Roll out of bed, not so much. Get dressed and neat, you feel like you can conquer the world.
Each person has to find that right image they see themselves in that is the most healthy and happy for them. Not what they are made to believe is the optimum "barbie" look for society.
Every body type and size can be styled to best advantage, any woman can be beautiful.

That is not answering the question I asked you.

What is "best advantage" and what is "beautiful"? What SOCIETY has deemed to be? Why can't people be accepted for who they are without having to conform to societal "norms" of what they're "supposed" to be?

Each person has to find that right size, and looks that makes them feel their best.

Even if it's harmful to them and it only condones societal stereotypes of what is acceptable? What's wrong with making them feel they're okay just the way they are and they don't need to change? Why must they be made to feel like they have to conform to some social stereotype to be accepted?

What is "best advantage" and what is "beautiful"? What SOCIETY has deemed to be? Why can't people be accepted for who they are without having to conform to societal "norms" of what they're "supposed" to be?

Each person has to find that right size, and looks that makes them feel their best.

Even if it's harmful to them and it only condones societal stereotypes of what is acceptable? What's wrong with making them feel they're okay just the way they are and they don't need to change? Why must they be made to feel like they have to conform to some social stereotype to be accepted?

It is a feeling inside. That is the most important.

Don't waste much time with Boss, Aris. All he does is tell you what you really think, and demand that you refute his various strawmen. He's an energy creature, one that feeds on negative emotions. Laughing at him will send him to another target.

Don't waste much time with Boss, Aris. All he does is tell you what you really think, and demand that you refute his various strawmen. He's an energy creature, one that feeds on negative emotions. Laughing at him will send him to another target.

Why don't you shut up and offer something constructive to the thread, troll?

Forum List

Back