Oh my... Boss agrees with a radical feminist?

It is a feeling inside. That is the most important.

And THAT is what society should be promoting... not mutilation and hormone-up to conform!

To each his/her own. Let them find their happiness.
Why should it bother you? Their life, their body

It bothers me because society is promoting the WRONG thing here.

individuality and freedom to be who you are?

why is that wrong?

Never in a million years would I ever have thought that I would be making such a post. It's not that I am sexist or misogynist, I am just not generally a radical extremist. I have always advocated for equality for women but I felt the feminist agenda went a little overboard. I still feel the same way about radical feminism but this radical feminist has impressed me with some profound points and wisdom on a hot topic of the day.... Transgenders.

Lierre Keith is her name. You can Google her but mostly what you will find is her vociferous campaign against vegetarianism and veganism. (Another issue I tend to agree with her on.) It's a little tougher to find her more recent stance on transgenders. I recently heard her in a podcast with Steven Crowder discussing this and I will try to paraphrase her argument here.

Keith is appalled that society has somehow accepted this movement with open arms. She has devoted her life to the cause of feminism from the perspective that it's okay to be different. Just because you are a boy, doesn't mean you can't like sparkly things and dance.... it's who you are and that's okay. There's nothing wrong with you, nothing needs to be changed about you. The importance of the feminist movement is to break the stereotypes society has deemed "appropriate" and embrace individuality, individual choices. Just because you're a woman doesn't mean you're less than a man. Your genitalia has nothing to do with who you are as an individual.

She maintains that the whole transgender movement seeks to reinforce those old stereotypes of what you have to be in order to fit in. If you're a man who feels like a woman, you have to dress a certain way and behave a certain way... you have to change your genitalia in order to comply with societal standards to be more "normal" ....and she rejects this notion. You feel like you feel and there is no need for you to have to alter your body to conform to society.

Lierre points out that society has now put it's "stamp of approval" on some dangerous things... Children as young as 12 and 13 are being pumped full of hormones to change their chemistry and make them different. We're allowing radical mutilation of reproductive systems to be done in the name of conformity. These are most impressionable young people who may simply be confused at this time in their life, or not sure what they want to be... but we're transforming them through genetic chemistry and mutilation that can't be reversed. And we've somehow accepted this as being politically correct and appropriate when it's completely NOT.

In fact, it contradicts every principle she has stood for and fought for all these years as a feminist. Oddly enough, I agree with her on this! When did we jump the shark on common sense? Why do we presume it's the "right thing to do" in allowing society to chemically alter people and sexually mutilate them in order to fit in? It's actually moving in the opposite direction of accepting people for who they are and how they choose to be. It's forcing them into a stereotype of how society wants them to be instead of accepting they are different and that it's okay to be different... you don't need to change anything. There is nothing wrong with your genitals. There is nothing wrong with feeling how you feel. You don't need to alter yourself to fit in.

Furthermore, she goes on to say that her viewpoint has been widely renounced by what she calls "Liberal Fascism". She has had college speaking engagements cancelled due to her unpopular and unconventional positions. She is being systemically black-balled by the radical left and it's a shocker to her as someone who has always been a radical lefty. Her voice is being silenced by the left who simply don't even want to engage in the debate with her. They've thrown her under the bus and have vilified her in every way, calling her every name in the book and denouncing her repeatedly.

Now..... I am here to tell you all something.... It's getting pretty bad when Boss agrees with a radical feminist! I applaud Lierre Keith for standing up for what she believes in the face of the radical liberal fascists. That takes some fucking courage and she has my undying support in this message. You go girl!

why is that wrong?

Nothing wrong with that.

Why do you need to mutilate your body or chemically change yourself to "be who you are?"

You never answered my question about anorexics and whether we should allow them to "be who they are" by starving themselves in order to feel more attractive. Or is it perhaps BETTER to send the message that there is nothing "wrong" with their body the way it is and they shouldn't have to feel like they need to conform to some stereotype to feel attractive?

why is that wrong?

Nothing wrong with that.

Why do you need to mutilate your body or chemically change yourself to "be who you are?"

You never answered my question about anorexics and whether we should allow them to "be who they are" by starving themselves in order to feel more attractive. Or is it perhaps BETTER to send the message that there is nothing "wrong" with their body the way it is and they shouldn't have to feel like they need to conform to some stereotype to feel attractive?

Why do women, and men, get plastic surgery? Why do they get hair implants? Why do they wear make-up? Why do they dye their hair? Why do some people get tattoos?

Each person has the right to change their body so they are happy and comfortable with their looks.

Men castrate themselves and women have their ovaries and even their womb removed. Women have ribs and toes removed and looks altered. People get implants and insert all manner of bones and studs because they want to.

Why should you have such objections for transgenders to alter their body in some way?

Men take artificial hormones and steroids. Billion dollar industries selling various hormones and drugs not just to adults but even kids are encourage to use them to excel.

Why can't transgender find their happiness in their identity? It is how they were born to be.

why is that wrong?

Nothing wrong with that.

Why do women, and men, get plastic surgery? Why do they get hair implants? Why do they wear make-up? Why do they dye their hair? Why do some people get tattoos?

Each person has the right to change their body so they are happy and comfortable with their looks.

Men castrate themselves and women have their ovaries and even their womb removed. Women have ribs and toes removed and looks altered. People get implants and insert all manner of bones and studs because they want to.

Why should you have such objections for transgenders to alter their body in some way?

Men take artificial hormones and steroids. Billion dollar industries selling various hormones and drugs not just to adults but even kids are encourage to use them to excel.

Why can't transgender find their happiness in their identity? It is how they were born to be.

Have you actually LISTENED to Lierre Keith's argument on this? Please take a few minutes and listen to the podcast I posted above and hear what she has to say about it. Stop digging in your heels for your "cause" a minute and try to comprehend that maybe you have been wrong about something for once in your life. I know that's a lot to ask but this is kind of important.

Cosmetic changes are one thing... injecting your body with dangerous hormones is not healthy. You can't alter your DNA and make yourself into something you're not. You are simply reinforcing a vulgar social stereotype and telling people it's okay to mutilate yourself and chemically change your body in order to conform to some social trope. It's sick and twisted thinking and something society should be rejecting instead of embracing.

You STILL never answered my question about anorexics and whether we should allow them to "be who they are" by starving themselves in order to feel more attractive. Apparently, your answer is SURE... long as that's what makes them happy... right?

Forum List

Back