Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

he 1.7 million was probably assuming that nothing was done.

theo2.jpg

I'm not sure as I wasn't tracking it as much then as now. Fauci should be using the same model -- the CDC IMHE model. Basically, if anything has CDC on it, then it's probably off -- way off!

he 1.7 million was probably assuming that nothing was done.

theo2.jpg

I'm not sure as I wasn't tracking it as much then as now. Fauci should be using the same model -- the CDC IMHE model. Basically, if anything has CDC on it, then it's probably off -- way off!

You're the one who brought it up, not me. Maybe you should have read it more carefully. The 1.7 million was a worst case scenario.

As of end of day Eastern Time United States April 7, 2020:

Infection Totals by Country:

1. United States - 400,540
2. Spain - 141,942
3. Italy - 135,586
4. France - 109,069
5. Germany - 107,663
6. China - 81,802
7. Japan - 4,257

Infection Totals by U.S. State:

1. New York - 142,384
2. New Jersey - 44,416
3. California - 17,614
4. Florida - 14,747
5. Pennsylvania - 14,559
6. Washington - 8,682
7. West Virginia - 412

March 24, 2020 - United States - 54,916
March 25, 2020 - United States - 68,489 - 24.7% increase
March 26, 2020 - United States - 85,594 - 24.97% increase
March 27, 2020 - United States - 104,256 - 21.8% increase
March 28, 2020 - United States - 123,776 - 18.7% increase
March 29, 2020 - United States - 142,224 - 14.9% increase
March 30, 2020 - United States - 164,266 - 15.5% increase
March 31, 2020 - United States - 188,578 - 14.8% increase
April 1, 2020 - United States - 215,300 - 14.2% increase
April 2, 2020 - United States - 245,193 - 13.9% increase
April 3, 2020 - United States - 277,475 - 13.2% increase
April 4, 2020 - United States - 311,635 - 12.3% increase
April 5, 2020 - United States - 336,830 - 8.1% increase
April 6, 2020 - United States - 367,629 - 9.1% increase
April 7, 2020 - United States - 400,540 - 9.0% increase

You're the one who brought it up, not me. Maybe you should have read it more carefully. The 1.7 million was a worst case scenario.,

A model should list the different scenarios. Do nothing wasn't really an option since it started in China and we didn't know how much we could trust them. However, Trump seemed to believe them with providing us and the world information on it, i.e. it wasn't a bioweapon.

What about letting one or two airlines go bankrupt? I don't want taxpayers to bail out cos who bought their own stock back.

Today is going to be bad in terms of deaths. Hopefully the number of new cases doesn't go into the 30 thousands.

Well, today sucks.

1,952 deaths.
33,319 new cases.
Still 89 k short , you should root harder

I think you're confused again.
Never

Definitely. You're seeing things that aren't there again.
there's nothing there. so how can I see that which isn't?

You're the one who brought it up, not me. Maybe you should have read it more carefully. The 1.7 million was a worst case scenario.,

A model should list the different scenarios.

What do you think a worst-case scenario means?

Do nothing? That's an option. Like I'm going to do with your dumb question.
that a boy James!! well said. my words exactly.

Definitely. You're seeing things that aren't there again.

What are your death numbers now?

I check here.

I mean your projected numbers based on your model. If you go by Dr. Fauci, then he had 100K to 200K as his latest numbers. Before that, he was saying something like 1.7 M deaths.

I don't know. I have not looked at them.

If you look at Dr. Fauci's numbers, then he had 1.7 M deaths early on. The latest is 100,00 - 200,000. Even that might be too high.

I estimated 15,000 - 20,000 deaths by Easter based on the number of deaths last week. Fauci had to estimate the entire number of deaths, so had a more difficult job but he had his model.

Now, his 100K - 200K could be overstated, too.

'(CNN)An influential model tracking the coronavirus pandemic in the United States now predicts that fewer people will die and fewer hospital beds will be needed compared to its estimates from last week.

As of Monday, the model predicted the virus will kill 81,766 people in the United States over the next four months, with just under 141,000 hospital beds being needed. That's about 12,000 fewer deaths -- and 121,000 fewer hospital beds -- than the model estimated on Thursday.

A "massive infusion of new data" led to the adjustments, according to the model's maker, Dr. Christopher Murray, who serves as director of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington School of Medicine.'

It's no wonder people don't believe this COVID-19 to be as serious since we do not know about total confirmed numbers because of faulty testing. It could be higher if the second wave theory is correct.

Maybe Sweden isn't as wacky as other countries thought they were. I dunno.

The 1.7 million was probably assuming that nothing was done.
yeah, no. that's merely convenient. it was wrong, and it compromised our country. no excuse for that. none.

"Fox News host Tucker Carlson questioned the logic behind a prolonged national shutdown during a Monday night monologue.

Carlson pointed out a statement from Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti predicting the “first in a series of lockdowns will go on until June” as well as a former Obama official who predicted a “meaningful level of deliberate suppression of economic activity for the rest of the year.”

“It would be nice to know there’s a good reason for all this,” Carlson asked. “Everyone wants there to be. Yet the arguments for a prolonged national lockdown are starting to sound strained.”

"Carlson went on to question the validity of closing all businesses but allowing grocery stores to stay open.

“From an epidemiological standpoint, this is lunacy,” he said. “If you wanted to infect an entire population, you’d encourage everyone in a specific zip code to meet regularly in one enclosed location. It doesn’t make sense. Authorities must know it doesn’t make sense, that’s obvious, but instead of changing course, or fine-tuning, they’re doubling down, hoping that vehemence will compensate for bad science.”

Carlson said that the country has decided that “offices are somehow more dangerous than supermarkets,” and the result is 17 million unemployed people in the United States.

“A year from now, we should think about this. How will we feel about all this, about our decisions in the face of this pandemic?” Tucker asked his audience.

“For most people, going to work cannot be more dangerous than buying produce at Safeway twice a week. And if it is more dangerous, tell us how it’s more dangerous, and be specific when you describe that. Otherwise, it’s time to start caring about the entire population. Healthy people are suffering badly too.”

Ah, now we are getting to the crux of this COVID-19 pandemic. One of the worst things that could happen is it spreads in confined spaces and with people talking, sneezing, coughing, breathing heavy, or letting their liquid microns out. Not as likely in the open air. Thus, supermarkets should limit the number of shoppers in their stores at one time. Tucker Carlson mentions opening up our offices again, but I wouldn't want to work at an office that is too crowded. You want to take the temperature of each person who enters. Did they have a negative COVID-19 test? Is everyone inside wearing an N95 quality face mask? If it can be done to protect employees working at a supermarket, then it can be done at our offices.

"Fox News host Tucker Carlson questioned the logic behind a prolonged national shutdown during a Monday night monologue.

Carlson pointed out a statement from Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti predicting the “first in a series of lockdowns will go on until June” as well as a former Obama official who predicted a “meaningful level of deliberate suppression of economic activity for the rest of the year.”

“It would be nice to know there’s a good reason for all this,” Carlson asked. “Everyone wants there to be. Yet the arguments for a prolonged national lockdown are starting to sound strained.”

"Carlson went on to question the validity of closing all businesses but allowing grocery stores to stay open.

“From an epidemiological standpoint, this is lunacy,” he said. “If you wanted to infect an entire population, you’d encourage everyone in a specific zip code to meet regularly in one enclosed location. It doesn’t make sense. Authorities must know it doesn’t make sense, that’s obvious, but instead of changing course, or fine-tuning, they’re doubling down, hoping that vehemence will compensate for bad science.”

Carlson said that the country has decided that “offices are somehow more dangerous than supermarkets,” and the result is 17 million unemployed people in the United States.

“A year from now, we should think about this. How will we feel about all this, about our decisions in the face of this pandemic?” Tucker asked his audience.

“For most people, going to work cannot be more dangerous than buying produce at Safeway twice a week. And if it is more dangerous, tell us how it’s more dangerous, and be specific when you describe that. Otherwise, it’s time to start caring about the entire population. Healthy people are suffering badly too.”

Ah, now we are getting to the crux of this COVID-19 pandemic. One of the worst things that could happen is it spreads in confined spaces and with people talking, sneezing, coughing, breathing heavy, or letting their liquid microns out. Not as likely in the open air. Thus, supermarkets should limit the number of shoppers in their stores at one time. Tucker Carlson mentions opening up our offices again, but I wouldn't want to work at an office that is too crowded. You want to take the temperature of each person who enters. Did they have a negative COVID-19 test? Is everyone inside wearing an N95 quality face mask? If it can be done to protect employees working at a supermarket, then it can be done at our offices.

BTW, every job is essential. no matter what it is. that is my disappointment with the president, you don't shut down business after stating unemployment is the villian to defeat, and stick 17 million in it. that's ludicrous.

Great news.
@IHME_UW
updated its model again - two days after the last revision. Total deaths fell from 81K to under 61K hospitalizations fell from 140K to 90K (1/3 last week’s projection) m. The peak is now projected in 3 days. Can we PLEASE talk about reopening the nation? The model Trump and andrew dumbo are using to cause a depression is a piece of dog vomit.
The model trump is using to cause a depression has lowered all numbers yet again. Lowered numbers after lowering numbers just 2 days ago. Its went from 2 million a few weeks ago to 250,000 to 81,000 and now to under 61,000. 2017/18 had 80,000 flu deaths

BTW, every job is essential. no matter what it is. that is my disappointment with the president, you don't shut down business after stating unemployment is the villian to defeat, and stick 17 million in it. that's ludicrous.

We are learning more about this virus and how to deal with it. I wear my mask outside in the open air to make sure someone who I pass doesn't accidentally sneeze. However, it's more for confined spaces indoors. Earlier, we didn't like to see employees of stores wearing a face mask and elastic gloves, but now I welcome it. It's the same with the Amazon employees; they want to work with masks, gloves, thermometer checks, social distancing, and the precautions.

The testing is still the game changer for the whole economy. It's up to over 2 million now. That's a drop in the bucket, but it will help pinpoint where the trouble areas are. Not every city or town needs to be sheltered in place.

We are learning more about this virus and how to deal with it. I wear my mask outside in the open air to make sure someone who I pass doesn't accidentally sneeze. However, it's more for confined spaces indoors. Earlier, we didn't like to see employees of stores wearing a face mask and elastic gloves, but now I welcome it. It's the same with the Amazon employees; they want to work with masks, gloves, thermometer checks, social distancing, and the precautions.

The testing is still the game changer for the whole economy. It's up to over 2 million now. That's a drop in the bucket, but it will help pinpoint where the trouble areas are. Not every city or town needs to be sheltered in place.
there was never a reason to shut the country down. there were no numbers, it could have been monitored and the steps taken at the open facilities today could have been taken in the other business units. Pure and utter bullshit. That's on Trump. I understand why he did it though. I'm not happy he didn't listen to his gut like I expected him to. Those experts are only experts at loss of jobs and destruction of the markets. fk them.

It did however expose what the green new deal would actually look like and how it would fail and how Venezuela fell so fast.

Forum List

Back