Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

Huge progress in the United States has been made in cutting the rate of increase per day in the United States. The United States has gone from a rate of 25% increase per day to now just 8% increase per day in just 10 days. That is nearly a 70% cut in the daily rate of increase in new infections per day, in just 10 days.

Where did the majority of that take place ?

About 20 to 25 states have no real issues. They have (in some cases) less than 10 total deaths.

New York and New Jersey (and it is really NYC and Newark) have been ground zero for the U.S.

The rest of the statistics are pretty low all things considered. You have a couple of states that have had some issues...but not like those two.

So tell me again...why does the whole country need to lock down because the Mayor of New York is a moron ?

It only takes one person to rapidly infect large numbers of people in a state. It would be possible to reopen, or stay open PROVIDED, you had enough testing capability to keep track, through contact tracing of the infected, and everyone that came in contact with the infected. Unfortunately, the United States is way behind in testing and does not have that ability yet. So, there are people in these states that are infected and we don't know it, because they have not been tested. There are also people that are dying at the hospital who have not been tested, so the number of deaths is actually an undercount.

Its the United States failure on the testing front which makes it necessary to lock down the country. You could kill the pathogen in less than a month everywhere in the country, if you kept every American isolated for the next month. You can't do that obviously, because essential services must continue, but shutting down the non-essential services will limit the spread and cases, lower the time it takes to arrive at a point where testing catches up with the number of active cases still in the country. When that happens, you can reopen.

Also, remember that there is a lag in testing results and what you are seeing today. Today's testing results for infection are where the country was 10 days to two weeks ago.

Michigan and Louisiana are hot spots that are rapidly increasing in cases. South Dakota does not expect to see its peak number of infections until mid-June.

The reason New York State and New York City is much more impacted than the rest of the country is because New York City is the center for international travel around the world. Trump failed to shut the borders and travel down back in January. He only blocked travel from one country which was meaningless given how people travel around the world in hours and the virus ignores borders and just hitches a ride on people moving around the world. Blocking one country has no real effect. You have to shut down all foreign travel to see an impact. That's one reason why Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Singapore have done so much better than the United .

I am on board with most of your post.

But New York should be seeing something by now. And they are not.

There is more at work there than international travel.
I think they have a lot of ventilation systems in crowded areas that are of Legionaires Disease type ductwork and same on cruise ships.Subway often elbow to elbow for a long time. Streets pretty crowded too. Bad combos

1,104 deaths and 26,000 new cases so far. Still seeing a lot of deaths and new cases.

But it looks like numbers are slowing down in Italy, Spain, and France.
And were we able to pry out of them the long withheld stat that of those 1.104 that 75-100 were Corona Only and the rest had severe illnesses that would very very likely kill them anyway in the next 1-30 days and Corona latched on to them a few days earlier?

View attachment 320043

Check the video from Chicago. They're not waiting for tests to confirm it's COVID-19. They do "doctor's reasoning".

Forward to 1:40 mark.

If decedent has roaring fever then corona and if grabbed his chest and collapsed then is it really this hard?

Definitely. You're seeing things that aren't there again.

What are your death numbers now?

I check here.

6,500 in New York/New Jersey you stupid fuck.

The west has been and remains pretty quiet.

New Orleans fucked up and Michigan (who knows what those dumbasses are doing).

For the rest of us I'll say....it's no big fucking deal.

I'm from Michigan... and I can tell you that only achievement that Democrats are proud of our new Governor is that they claim she's hot.

Well, without going into details of my detest for her, I'll just say that bimbo Whitmer is dumber than a rock, but still bit smarter than former Governor Granholm.

I check here.

I mean your projected numbers based on your model. If you go by Dr. Fauci, then he had 100K to 200K as his latest numbers. Before that, he was saying something like 1.7 M deaths.

I check here.

I mean your projected numbers based on your model. If you go by Dr. Fauci, then he had 100K to 200K as his latest numbers. Before that, he was saying something like 1.7 M deaths.

I don't know. I have not looked at them.

Yesterday was Indianapolis's worse rise. Yesterday.
The curve isn't even beginning to curve down. What happens over a period of a few days is too short to show anything.
That's Indianapolis. The charts show that nationally deaths and new cases are decreasing. That could be temporary, but at this point it's moving in the right direction.
If you look at Spain and Italy, they have bee on a downward slope for the past 7-10 days.

We should follow.

What I don't understand is New York.

I think they've ignored a lot of warnings since this got back and now they are really fucked.

800 deaths just today.

You are on our estimates following the same curve as Spain and Italy and in approx 3 weeks America will see a massive increase in COVID-19 New Cases and also New Deaths, you will get to Spain and Italy levels this because you have not put New York in TOTAL ISOLATION from the rest of ALL America, especially the States that surround it and you still are not in total lockdown you have State to State travel and this is why you are not containing this thing because with this State to State travel you are allowing it to spread.

Spain already today has 3.835 New Cases they are not on a downward slope. You only can say you are on a downward slope when your Newly Recovered is going higher every day for 7 days than your Newly Infected is going lower, the below illustrates that Spain is not flattening the curve also Italy is not see second below graph:

View attachment 320275

View attachment 320277
While I am not sure we agree on what a downward slope means, 3800 new cases is much lower than their peak of nearly 7500 cases 10 days ago.

To me, this means the rate of increase is decreasing. It is a rate change. If you look at the new cases curve, it has reached an inflection point (did about a week ago) which means the rate of new cases has started to decrease.

Spain has 48 hours of lower figures than 72 hours ago, this is not flattening the curve, let's see if Spain can radically reduce the Newly Infected numbers on a 7 day chart.

Spain's New Recovery is also going down this means that more are dying than recovering:

View attachment 320300
I am open to discussion on what is happening and how to interpr
Yesterday was Indianapolis's worse rise. Yesterday.
The curve isn't even beginning to curve down. What happens over a period of a few days is too short to show anything.
That's Indianapolis. The charts show that nationally deaths and new cases are decreasing. That could be temporary, but at this point it's moving in the right direction.

The trend is still going up. There will be around 15000 - 20000 deaths by Easter. Testing has been a disaster in California. Taking way too long.

You are basically correct. They will NOT listen, many of the Rightists at this forum will NOT even listen to what I am posting about COVID-19 and I'm a Rightist. I have been attempting to warn them for several weeks, but they seem to be locked into this mentality of thinking nothing is going to happen to America BECAUSE it's America. I posted a week and half ago that America was literally going to become the epicentre of COVID-19 and they all thought this was incorrect and then what occur, yes days later America became the epicentre of COVID-19. IF they won't even listen and pay attention to another Rightist on this issue they will pay attention to nobody.

smh. I am getting the same message and am a conservative, too. When medical people have to go to the dark web to get N95 quality masks, then something is wrong and medical centers are being overwhelmed. The testing which was supposed to be our first line of defense has failed or is failing. I'll be interested in those countries that have relaxed their quarantine to see whether there is a reoccurance of COVID-19.

You can look at Sweden.

They are taking some risks...but they are not being overwhelmed.

" You can look at Sweden.

They are taking some risks...but they are not being overwhelmed."

SWEDEN?! Sweden is a disaster, they have not taken ANY lockdown measure, they are all walking around and EVERYWHERE is still open. WTF?! The examples you think America should follow are a combination of Spain-Italy-Sweden. What a DANGEROUS strategy that would be. Sweden especially has done the EXACT OPPOSITE of what it should have done and they are still the ONLY nation on this Continent that has not closed ANYTHING, the whole of Sweden is open. The Government of Sweden's non-action is CRIMINAL.

Read the below article about what a disaster Sweden and their non-measures have been:

View attachment 320332

More articles:

View attachment 320334

View attachment 320335

View attachment 320337

View attachment 320338
View attachment 320340

I think Sweden is doing right thing. Just because Austria flattened the curve, doesn't mean they did the right thing by locking down everything.

But again, Austrians are used to government control, so it's acceptable to them.

I check here.

If you look at Dr. Fauci's numbers, then he had 1.7 M deaths early on. The latest is 100,00 - 200,000. Even that might be too high.

I estimated 15,000 - 20,000 deaths by Easter based on the number of deaths last week. Fauci had to estimate the entire number of deaths, so had a more difficult job but he had his model.

Now, his 100K - 200K could be overstated, too.

'(CNN)An influential model tracking the coronavirus pandemic in the United States now predicts that fewer people will die and fewer hospital beds will be needed compared to its estimates from last week.

As of Monday, the model predicted the virus will kill 81,766 people in the United States over the next four months, with just under 141,000 hospital beds being needed. That's about 12,000 fewer deaths -- and 121,000 fewer hospital beds -- than the model estimated on Thursday.

A "massive infusion of new data" led to the adjustments, according to the model's maker, Dr. Christopher Murray, who serves as director of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington School of Medicine.'

It's no wonder people don't believe this COVID-19 to be as serious since we do not know about total confirmed numbers because of faulty testing. It could be higher if the second wave theory is correct.

Maybe Sweden isn't as wacky as other countries thought they were. I dunno.

I check here.

If you look at Dr. Fauci's numbers, then he had 1.7 M deaths early on. The latest is 100,00 - 200,000. Even that might be too high.

I estimated 15,000 - 20,000 deaths by Easter based on the number of deaths last week. Fauci had to estimate the entire number of deaths, so had a more difficult job but he had his model.

Now, his 100K - 200K could be overstated, too.

'(CNN)An influential model tracking the coronavirus pandemic in the United States now predicts that fewer people will die and fewer hospital beds will be needed compared to its estimates from last week.

As of Monday, the model predicted the virus will kill 81,766 people in the United States over the next four months, with just under 141,000 hospital beds being needed. That's about 12,000 fewer deaths -- and 121,000 fewer hospital beds -- than the model estimated on Thursday.

A "massive infusion of new data" led to the adjustments, according to the model's maker, Dr. Christopher Murray, who serves as director of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington School of Medicine.'

It's no wonder people don't believe this COVID-19 to be as serious since we do not know about total confirmed numbers because of faulty testing. It could be higher if the second wave theory is correct.

Maybe Sweden isn't as wacky as other countries thought they were. I dunno.

The 1.7 million was probably assuming that nothing was done.

Forum List

Back