Obesity Epidemic

I said too many carbs can make you fat.
Carbs turn into sugar in your gut. Sugar can make you fat. Ever hear the term "bread belly"?

Refined carbs not ALL carbs.

Food in its natural state has fiber which does not add to the glycemic load and in fact that fiber actually lessens the caloric intake of what you eat because those calories are used to feed your gut flora and fauna not you.

All foods have some fat in them and that's all you need.

There is no need to seek out high fat foods
Not if you eat enough meats, dairy, and eggs. I use oils (only peanut oil) sparingly. I get most of my fat from... meats, dairy, and eggs. As we speak I'm drinking coffee laced with half and half. :p

Not if you eat enough meats, dairy, and eggs. I use oils (only peanut oil) sparingly. I get most of my fat from... meats, dairy, and eggs. As we speak I'm drinking coffee laced with half and half. :p
No need to eat dairy meat or eggs

Nuts and seeds and whole grains are enough to get the fats you need

Refined carbs not ALL carbs.

Food in its natural state has fiber which does not add to the glycemic load and in fact that fiber actually lessens the caloric intake of what you eat because those calories are used to feed your gut flora and fauna not you.
60 percent of Americans are either overweight or obese. They're eating something that's making them this way. :omg:

No need to eat dairy meat or eggs

Nuts and seeds and whole grains are enough to get the fats you need
I'm doing fine on my diet. I'm actually about to have my morning Kwik Trip donut (gotta brush. floss, and rinse first). :)

WTF

Where is this happening
In countries that care for afflicted Fatties .
Here in England we have Fatty centres where depressed and often abused lumps of lard are put on stiff physical regimes and must attend evening lectures aimed to re-prgramme these unfortunate specimens .
Are you really telling me that you allow unaccompanied and untagged Fatties to roam around without panic procedures being in place over in your Fatty neighbourhoods?

You said carbs make you fat they don't
Since carbs are high energy high calorie foods, they usually are the culprit in making sedentary people fat

Obviously, athletes consume a lot of carbs because they have high energy requirements for their athletic activities

The majority of Americans, however, would do well to reduce carb intake as they don’t expend nearly enough energy to justify the intake

In countries that care for afflicted Fatties .
Here in England we have Fatty centres where depressed and often abused lumps of lard are put on stiff physical regimes and must attend evening lectures aimed to re-prgramme these unfortunate specimens .
Are you really telling me that you allow unaccompanied and untagged Fatties to roam around without panic procedures being in place over in your Fatty neighbourhoods?
Day-drinking’s a bitch…..

Since carbs are high energy high calorie foods, they usually are the culprit in making sedentary people fat

Obviously, athletes consume a lot of carbs because they have high energy requirements for their athletic activities

The majority of Americans, however, would do well to reduce carb intake as they don’t expend nearly enough energy to justify the intake
True. The unrealized irony of the '2000 calorie standard diet' is that many of those calories are spent overcoming the physical burden placed on the body from the unneeded extra calories within that diet, with no physical benefit whatsoever.

A past Reader's Digest story told of a researcher who observed a traditional race in south America that was run over rocky high mountain footpaths over several days' time. The researcher attempted to determine how many calories were needed over the course of the race and was amazed to learn that the runners finished the race in good health eating a daily ration of only about 1100 calories, consisting of cornmeal cakes sweetened with honey.

Not in their natural state.

This is the point people don't get.

Take the sweet potato

A large sweet potato ( about 6 oz , 180 grams) has less than about 165 calories

That is not a "high calorie food"

A half cup of chickpeas has only about 100 calories

again not a high calorie food

And the natural fiber in these foods actually reduces the number of carbs that can be digested

So having a couple medium sized sweet potatoes or a cup of chickpeas a day isn't what is making people obese

Obesity is a serious problem in the United States. Too many people over-eat and don't exercise.

I have suffered from being overweight several times in my life even though I do a lot of lifting and jogging. I have lost 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 lbs, then another time 75 lbs and another time 90 lbs. Getting overweight has actually forced me to be more physically active in life because I know I have to do a lot jogging, biking, walking, lifting to take all the weight off. I ran 3 miles a day for 5 -7 days a week and took off 90 lbs before in like as little as 6 months I want to say.

I have suffered from being overweight several times in my life even though I do a lot of lifting and jogging. I have lost 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 lbs, then another time 75 lbs and another time 90 lbs. Getting overweight has actually forced me to be more physically active in life because I know I have to do a lot jogging, biking, walking, lifting to take all the weight off. I ran 3 miles a day for 5 -7 days a week and took off 90 lbs before in like as little as 6 months I want to say.
I have realized that weight loss is about 80% diet and 20% activity.

The calories expended in exercise are not that significant even when you factor in a slightly increased metabolism due to increased muscle mass.

The problem there is that you can only increase muscle mass when eating a excess of calories

I have realized that weight loss is about 80% diet and 20% activity.

The calories expended in exercise are not that significant even when you factor in a slightly increased metabolism due to increased muscle mass.

The problem there is that you can only increase muscle mass when eating a excess of calories
Well I do seem rather good at losing weight. I have lost massive amounts of weight before. As much as 90 lbs in 6 months. They say exercise isn't much of a factor, but don't know running 3 miles a day for 5-7 days a week sure did wonders taking off 90 lbs in 6 months. Exercise always seemed to be the key ingredient at least for me in losing weight. Even my doctor told me running everyday is the best way to lose weight, very healthy.

Well I do seem rather good at losing weight. I have lost massive amounts of weight before. As much as 90 lbs in 6 months. They say exercise isn't much of a factor, but don't know running 3 miles a day for 5-7 days a week sure did wonders taking off 90 lbs in 6 months. Exercise always seemed to be the key ingredient at least for me in losing weight. Even my doctor told me running everyday is the best way to lose weight, very healthy.
If you say you lost 90lbs in 6 months by just running 3 miles a day without a drastic change in your diet I'm going to say that it's bullshit.

1703591563630.png

1703591892104.png

~S~

Forum List

Back