Obama vs. Nixon - who is the bigger crook?

I like them both, but there is a HUGE difference between being wrong and purposely concealing the truth in order to deceive.

I don't wish to talk smack on Nixon - the man is gone R.I.P., but he resigned because he was going to be impeached if he didn't.

I don't believe that Obama told a lie - A lie is all about intent. If you are deliberately misleading people - that's a lie.

If I tell my boss I will be finished with a project by Thursday and I'm not - that isn't a lie, it's called being wrong.

I like them both, but there is a HUGE difference between being wrong and purposely concealing the truth in order to deceive.

I don't wish to talk smack on Nixon - the man is gone R.I.P., but he resigned because he was going to be impeached if he didn't.

I don't believe that Obama told a lie - A lie is all about intent. If you are deliberately misleading people - that's a lie.

If I tell my boss I will be finished with a project by Thursday and I'm not - that isn't a lie, it's called being wrong.
He was either lying or was tremendously incompetent, take your pick. After all, this was his signature piece of legislation and he didn't realize that what he considered a key selling point was untrue? Better off to say he lied.

LOL.....just in the past month, Obama has flipped the bird at the Constitution multiple times changing the healthcare law as frequently as Joe Biden making a policy gaffe.

There were multiple issues that necessitated the ACA to be ratified; number one was the constant threat of repeal and/or de-funding.

Other considerations had to do with the political wrangling over just about every aspect of the law.

It did not surprise me that the ACA was the subject of intense scrutiny.

Is anyone else surprised?

He was either lying or was tremendously incompetent, take your pick. After all, this was his signature piece of legislation and he didn't realize that what he considered a key selling point was untrue? Better off to say he lied.

I'm almost certain that some people would have to purchase a new plan that would provide enough coverage in order to be compliant with the new law. Sorry, but a plan with hospitalization only would never have actually been considered as "adequate insurance."

I don't want to spend the day quibbling about the legality of weather or not "you can keep your plan" was intentionally misleading or not. Sounds to me like the statement was not very correct, regardless.

That being said, why would Obama have said that knowing that later on, he would have to eat crow?

Cabbie,

I'm not trying to bust your balls, but I have proof positive Obama lied. See the below video from 2009 where my Congressman, Eric Cantor, asks Obama about millions who will lose their insurance. Obama readily admits this and then goes off on one of his usual 15 minutes of rambling bullshit.

There is no way to spin this. Obama told lie after lie to sell Obamacare.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKO868Vbizs]Obama and Cantor at Health Care Summit - YouTube[/ame]

I'm almost certain that some people would have to purchase a new plan that would provide enough coverage in order to be compliant with the new law. Sorry, but a plan with hospitalization only would never have actually been considered as "adequate insurance."

I don't want to spend the day quibbling about the legality of weather or not "you can keep your plan" was intentionally misleading or not. Sounds to me like the statement was not very correct, regardless.

That being said, why would Obama have said that knowing that later on, he would have to eat crow?
I guess your answer then is incompetence. So be it.

Nixon's downfall was the attempted cover-up of one known instance of trying to obtain information illegally (the break-in at the Watergate).

If Obama is knowingly trying to cover-up the illegal and unconstitutional spying (theft of information) on millions of Americans, well then no question who is the bigger crook. Mr. Obama "wins".

"In last week’s press conference, President Obama reassured the nation that “America isn’t interested in spying on ordinary people.” In other words, do not worry, because the information will only be used for narrow counterterrorism or broader foreign intelligence purposes. But the latest revelations show that these assurances too are a lie."

"By hiding the fact that information comes from NSA surveillance, the government both masks the extent to which NSA’s domestic spying is used to trigger investigations of Americans, and prevents legal challenges to highly questionable surveillance practices like bulk phone record collection, warrantless access to American communications with friends and family overseas, and retention and use of illegally obtained domestic calls and emails."

NSA, DEA, IRS Lie About Fact That Americans Are Routinely Spied On By Our Government: Time For A Special Prosecutor - Forbes

Last edited:

Cabbie,

I'm not trying to bust your balls, but I have proof positive Obama lied. See the below video from 2009 where my Congressman, Eric Cantor, asks Obama about millions who will lose their insurance. Obama readily admits this and then goes off on one of his usual 15 minutes of rambling bullshit.

There is no way to spin this. Obama told lie after lie to sell Obamacare.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKO868Vbizs]Obama and Cantor at Health Care Summit - YouTube[/ame]

100% concur........but we have a lot of people on this board who buy the spin shit. If Barry spit in their eye and said, "Oh sorry.....didn't mean it!!"........they'd buy it hook, line and stinker.

Indeed.....the hopelessly duped matrix zombies will never get it. How do you think this fraud Barry got elected twice???!!!:coffee:

Let us not forget the influence of the press to set the political mood of the country.

Do you honestly believe that if the press had been as blindly supportive of Nixon as they are to Obama, would Nixon have offered to resign?

Conversely, if the press were as condemning towards Obama as they were towards Nixon, would there be no talks of impeaching Obama?

After all, nobody got hurt, much less killed at Watergate, no election results were modified because of a lie, while a border security agent was killed in "fast and Furious", four diplomats were killed in Benghazi, and Obama and a bunch of senators won their elections on the lie that hoodwinked the uninformed and turned out to be the "Lie of the Year".

If you tell your boss you will be done by Thursday knowing full well you will not be that is a lie, that is what Obama did. If no then he is clearly stupid and uninformed. People were saying for years that there would be those who would lose their coverage that is why Obama said otherwise. It is clear he lied.

OK, if what happened with Nixon happened today with Obama nothing would happen with Obama. The press drove the issue to the point of impeachment. Nixon at least had the civility to step down very unlike Clinton who relied on partisan depravity to avoid being found guilty and removed. If it weren't for "Scottish Law" BS Clinton would have gone down. But now Obama can order the killing of American citizens with impunity. What is worse in this boards eyes, a two bit break in and the following cover-up or the killing of an innocent 16 year old American? All without due process.

Why, so he could use the lie to get reelected.

You did notice that he now changed his mind and will allow those with inadequate, crap policies to continue to buy them. LOL

There is NO comparison to ANY president in history for the enormity of a LIE that Obama perpetuated to pass the most destructive legislation in USA history!
Legislation that is affecting today millions of people in how they plan to spend THEIR money.. especially now at Christmas!

I truly don't understand how this enormous LIE isn't understood!

Obama is responsible for the Centers for Medicare/Medicaid and CMS never told 14 million people that they were eligible due to their poverty level for Medicaid!
All of this BEFORE the ACA bill was passed.

And Obama totally incompetent and ignorant kept counting these 14 million that all need do is register with Medicaid... in the last 5 years!

He kept repeating a bogus number that included not only the above 14 million BUT he counted 10 million people that are NOT legally eligible. Yet he counted them!

Finally he continuously INCLUDED 18 million people that neither
1) NEEDED to be counted.. i.e. under age 34 so no NEED to be part of ACA..)
2) Could afford if they wanted as they all made more the $50,000 a year)
But Obama continued to include them in his biggest lie!
When you add 14 million that were eligible BEFORE ACA, 10 million that were illegal and 18 million that don't want that's 42 million that should not be counted
as Obama and apparently the entire nation counts as part of the 46 million uninsured!

So I have YET to have ANY say these numbers are bogus.
SO if they are NOT real... WHY do we continue to perpetuate Obama's GIGANTIC LIE!!!

Forum List

Back