100,000 leave unions ???

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
I am not saying this actually happened. But this story is pretty interesting.....

I'd be curious to watch and see how this plays out.

100,000 Government Workers Choose Freedom from Unions in Wisconsin - Matt Batzel - Page 1

Less than 3 years after Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker signed his collective bargaining reforms (Act 10), more than 100,000 union members have left Big Labor.

Later the article says....

In May 2012, The Wall Street Journal reported that American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) had lost 34,073 and at least 2,455 have left since then. American Federation of Teachers- Wisconsin (AFT-Wisconsin) told the Wisconsin State Journal that they had lost about 5,250 members, while the UW-Madison Teaching Assistants’ Association lost 1,350 members. Wisconsin Education Association Council (WEAC) lost around 50,000 members prior to this latest round of voting. Even the Wisconsin Professional Police Association lost 1,700 members. In total, the public reports indicate Wisconsin unions have now lost more than 100,000 members since Act 10 became law.

Do we know what percentage that is of the total ?

Are you surprised? Walker's entire shtick is diminishing the right to organize. Couple that with the unemployment rate in Wisconsin during the time the article specified and less union members should be expected.

Please provide the numbers you are referencing.

My biggest issue is that I don't know if 100,000 is 1%, 5%, or 25%. It would almost seem like a 1% swing could be explained by attrition.

Are you surprised? Walker's entire shtick is diminishing the right to organize. Couple that with the unemployment rate in Wisconsin during the time the article specified and less union members should be expected.

My biggest issue is that I don't know if 100,000 is 1%, 5%, or 25%. It would almost seem like a 1% swing could be explained by attrition.

What do you mean by attrition? By who?

As for unemployment since Walker took office Wisconsin's unemployment rate is down 1%. The average for the rest of the country is -2% in the same time period. Maybe looking at the rest of the country's union membership would be helpful.

As for unemployment since Walker took office Wisconsin's unemployment rate is down 1%. The average for the rest of the country is -2% in the same time period. Maybe looking at the rest of the country's union membership would be helpful.

Wisconsin UE rate is currently 6.5....more than full point below the national average. I am not sure those numbers will be meaningful.

Wisconsin UE rate is currently 6.5....more than full point below the national average. I am not sure those numbers will be meaningful.

% change is important. Are you looking for numbers that you can use for something?

Union Membership

:D

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/union2.t05.htm

Last edited:

Wow, you don't really know very much do you? Do you know how to use "Google"? Perhaps you should spend some time and learn. You can't seriously debate if you don't know anything and always include "I'm guessing" and "My biggest issue is I don't know".

GOOD.

No one is worth anything more than what their labor is worth to the free market, period. Your worth is ONLY what you can bring to the table.

If that's 2 bucks and hour, then that's what you're worth. Get over it.

Why would they call something Scott Walker not only did, but is very proud of "Far left propaganda"? Doesn't make any sense.

Well Kosh is a terrible, terrible poster. Maybe it's just confined to him/her.

coming from one that can only post in the from of far left talking points and propaganda.

Can you make a post without the word "left" in it? You're 4 for 4 on this thread.

I mean the evidence seems to point towards your posts all revolving around infantile partisanship. Is that all you have to offer? :laugh:

Last edited:
Well Kosh is a terrible, terrible poster. Maybe it's just confined to him/her.

coming from one that can only post in the from of far left talking points and propaganda.

Can you make a post without the word "left" in it? You're 4 for 4 on this thread.

I mean the evidence seems to point towards your posts all revolving around infantile partisanship. Is that all you have to offer? :laugh:

Can you make a post without using far left propaganda?

Yes I know you are upset that your religious dogma has been shot down, it is time to get over it.

Once again the far left makes things up as they go along based on their programmed talking points.

Can you make a post without using far left propaganda?

Yes I know you are upset that your religious dogma has been shot down, it is time to get over it.

Once again the far left makes things up as they go along based on their programmed talking points.

Used it 2 times in one post. You're getting good

Forum List

Back