Obama Steps Up Confrontation

Allah has blessed OBAMA for he is the Messiah ! The Prophet Mohummed may have been resurected, perhaps Obama is the Blessed Prophet, Peace Be Upon his Presidency !

Allah Akbar

Did the same thing happen often under previous presidents?

Not like this, sometimes you had fighting, but you never saw 100% partisan bills passed with things like reconcilliation.
The system is breaking down, its not supposed to be a tyranny of the majority, but the current gov has either forgotten this or is ignoring it.

The voters will decide which it is.

simply put, what you are saying, is NOT TRUE....

and THIS shows your flawed thinking on matters imo xeno.

BOTH SIDES have done things like this, to the SAME DEPTH.....me thinks you need to take those rosey colored glasses off, and see the truth about republicans in congress and the DEPTH OF WHAT THEY HAVE DONE previously, when they had the majority....

no knowledgeable person on politics could honestly make that statement of yours....

your ''side'' that you choose to honor, is as slimy as the rest of the bunch!

this is why i think arguing about these measures is fruitless....and yes, sad at that! :(

care

linky?

Don't you people get it yet? Obama is doing exactly what he said he would do. He didnt lie like Reagan and the two Bushes. He will exactly as he said. Get used to it.

Not like this, sometimes you had fighting, but you never saw 100% partisan bills passed with things like reconcilliation.
The system is breaking down, its not supposed to be a tyranny of the majority, but the current gov has either forgotten this or is ignoring it.

BOTH SIDES have done things like this, to the SAME DEPTH.....me thinks you need to take those rosey colored glasses off, and see the truth about republicans in congress and the DEPTH OF WHAT THEY HAVE DONE previously, when they had the majority....

no knowledgeable person on politics could honestly make that statement of yours....

this is why i think arguing about these measures is fruitless....and yes, sad at that! :(

care
Care my dear, my 'thinking' is far from flawed, you simply a victim of a constant barage of propaganda from the big government stooges.

No legislation of this type was EVER forced through without a single minority party vote EVER.

Not once.

Any other bill that is named by the propagandists had at LEAST one opposition party vote, this has NONE.

ZERO.

Zilch.

De Nada.

Really, try and think outside the box of partisan politics and understand that the principle of the rights of the minority party in the USA are being removed, and the consequences of doing this will be.

Barry and friends live only in the here and now and don't care about the long term consequences of their actions, a recipe for US disaster.

Last edited:

care

(bolding mine)

Have to disagree there... I don't believe 14+ states ever went to court to counter the passage of one of Bush's bills...

No way is it the SAME DEPTH....

The great divider, Barry just is a political gift that keeps on giving, if you are the opposition party.

Obama Takes More Aggressive Tack - WSJ.com

Mr. Obama campaigned on calling for an end to partisan bickering in Washington, but once in office he launched an ambitious agenda that pursued several long-held Democratic goals.

Meanwhile, Republicans decided at an early stage to aggressively oppose most of Mr. Obama's agenda. Partisan tensions have run high for most of his term.

Recently, Mr. Obama has been swinging particularly hard. He followed up his "go for it" taunt Thursday with the recess appointment of union lawyer Craig Becker to the National Labor Relations Board, adopting a tactic that presidents of both parties have used in recent decades to skirt the normal confirmation process. Mr. Becker's confirmation had been blocked in the Senate by a filibuster in February.

On Tuesday, Mr. Obama will sign what has been billed as a package of fixes to the health-care bill, approved under rules that required only a simple majority vote to pass in the Senate. That nullified Republicans' power to block it through a filibuster.

Democrats attached to the bill a major overhaul of student-lending laws, which eliminated a federal subsidy for private tuition lenders, federalized most student loans and plowed the savings into expanded federal higher education aid. Republicans say the bill will destroy the private student-lending market.

Mr. Alexander, the Tennessee Republican, called the student-loan move "really brazen" and "the most underreported, biggest Washington takeover in history."

So little time, and so much to repeal.
I don't have a problem with the government taking back the authority to regulate how tax dollars are spent. The loan guarantee and subsidy programs are full of corruption on the part of some lenders that are big in this market. Private lenders can still make student loans. It appears now they just are not getting our tax dollars to do it?

Does anyone have any clue how much the federal government programs spend every year servicing and paying on these guaranteed loans?

The states have no chance in court. This is the GOP seeking publicity only. Health Care is a done deal - live with it, you lost !

care
Care my dear, my 'thinking' is far from flawed, you simply a victim of a constant barage of propaganda from teh big government stooges.

No legislation of this type was EVER forced through without a single minority party vote EVER.

Not once.

Any other biull that is named by the propagandists had at LEAST one opposition party vote, this has NONE.

ZERO.

Zilch.

De Nada.

Really, try and think outside the box of partisan politics and understand taht the principle of the rights of the minority party in teh USA are being removed, and the consequences of doing this will be.

Barry and friends live only in the here and now and don't care about the long term consequences of their actions, a recipe for US disaster.

Agreed! But I do believe they have looked at the long-term in a way that that want to see and have our great country more like a European country.

LOL @ comparing the REACTION of the LOSING team to the actual DEPTH of what was done.

CLASSIC!!!!

roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

Agreed! But I do believe they have looked at the long-term in a way that that want to see and have our great country more like a European country.
if that is the goal its a fruitless one, by operating this way, they set the stage for the repeal of it all with simple majorities.

care

(bolding mine)

Have to disagree there... I don't believe 14+ states ever went to court to counter the passage of one of Bush's bills...

Ditto.

If evidence to "see the truth about republicans in congress and the DEPTH OF WHAT THEY HAVE DONE previously, when they had the majority," exists, then why not present it?

Acts of congress are generally public record

Care4all's imagination, sadly, is not.

care

(bolding mine)

please, for the love of God and truth, or whomever you may worship, read this one link, in full...and come back to me then, and tell me, I am still wrong.

it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone, with any kind of a brain and self respect, to read this article, and still support what xeno mistakenly thinks on this....

BOTH SIDES have been equally atrocious....those from the right wing and left wing have been prosecuted and convicted for their lawlessness...

please read this....maybe then, you and samson and xeno and others can actually admit the truth on this....

the article made me want to throw up, it made me sick inside....as sick as i am certain you all feel on some of the machinations done to get this bill passed.

I am NOT lying, my opinion on this is NOT without merit....which you will see by reading the article.

Poison pill: how Abramoff's cronies sold the Medicare drug bill. - Free Online Library

The great divider, Barry just is a political gift that keeps on giving, if you are the opposition party.

Obama Takes More Aggressive Tack - WSJ.com

Mr. Obama campaigned on calling for an end to partisan bickering in Washington, but once in office he launched an ambitious agenda that pursued several long-held Democratic goals.

Meanwhile, Republicans decided at an early stage to aggressively oppose most of Mr. Obama's agenda. Partisan tensions have run high for most of his term.

Recently, Mr. Obama has been swinging particularly hard. He followed up his "go for it" taunt Thursday with the recess appointment of union lawyer Craig Becker to the National Labor Relations Board, adopting a tactic that presidents of both parties have used in recent decades to skirt the normal confirmation process. Mr. Becker's confirmation had been blocked in the Senate by a filibuster in February.

On Tuesday, Mr. Obama will sign what has been billed as a package of fixes to the health-care bill, approved under rules that required only a simple majority vote to pass in the Senate. That nullified Republicans' power to block it through a filibuster.

Democrats attached to the bill a major overhaul of student-lending laws, which eliminated a federal subsidy for private tuition lenders, federalized most student loans and plowed the savings into expanded federal higher education aid. Republicans say the bill will destroy the private student-lending market.

Mr. Alexander, the Tennessee Republican, called the student-loan move "really brazen" and "the most underreported, biggest Washington takeover in history."

So little time, and so much to repeal.

Damn....It sucks being a Republican

There was a time you were the big dog in town. Bullying your way to force your agenda on the American Public. The public got tired of your act and sent you packing.

President Obama offered a seat at the table and was quickly rebuffed. The Republicans made it clear they wanted Obama to "FAIL" at everything he did. Every issue was to be a Waterloo for Obama.

Obama, thankfully wised up and decided he was going to get things done with, or without GOP support.

care

(bolding mine)

please, for the love of God and truth, or whomever you may worship, read this one link, in full...and come back to me then, and tell me, I am still wrong.

it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone, with any kind of a brain and self respect, to read this article, and still support what xeno mistakenly thinks on this....

BOTH SIDES have been equally atrocious....those from the right wing and left wing have been prosecuted and convicted for their lawlessness...

please read this....maybe then, you and samson and xeno and others can actually admit the truth on this....

the article made me want to throw up, it made me sick inside....as sick as i am certain you all feel on some of the machinations done to get this bill passed.

I am NOT lying, my opinion on this is NOT without merit....which you will see by reading the article.

Poison pill: how Abramoff's cronies sold the Medicare drug bill. - Free Online Library

Nobody is saying that there aren't sleezbags on bot sides, and nobody is calling you a liar - I know I didn't... I don't think anyone would argue that sleeze is only found on the left or right...

I'm just pointing out that as bad as Booooosh was, not ONE of his bills was taken to court by 14+ states... When that happens it gets about as DEEP as you can get...

Last edited:
These 2 books are the blue print

Product Description
To turn this historic opportunity into long-term political realignment, Progressives must forcefully reassert our commitment to fundamental progressive values and to our vision for the future.

Some people think that in order to win, Democrats need to move to the political center by adopting conservative values and splitting the difference between progressive and conservatives positions. History shows they are wrong.

To win the next election and to win in the long term, we need to redefine the political center. In this book one of America s most experienced political strategists and organizers lays out a broad strategy for progressive victory and describes the tactics needed to win real-world political battles one at a time. The book analyzes

: The self-interests of voters; Our targets for political communication; The principles of political messaging; The secrets of winning electoral and issue campaigns; What we mean by progressive values; How to describe a compelling progressive vision for the future.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Listen-Your-Mother-Straight-Progressives/dp/0979585295]Amazon.com: Listen to Your Mother: Stand Up Straight: How Progressives Can Win (9780979585296): Robert Creamer: Books[/ame]

care

(bolding mine)

I couldn't get your linky to work, but I found this:

Its a January, 25 2006, conclusion to a letter to the then Speaker of the House, The Honorable J. Dennis Hastert, wherein Pelosi bitches about unfair practices, etc., etc...

The image and integrity of Congress have been called into serious question. To restore public faith in Congress, the institution must initiate a careful examination of how corrupt practices have influenced the legislative process. Understanding what went wrong is a prerequisite to accountability and reform.

For these reasons, we urge you to direct an immediate investigation into the legislative process that produced the Medicare Prescription Drug Act, the drafting of the pharmaceutical provisions in the pending budget reconciliation bill, and the role of the Alexander Strategy Group.

Sincerely,

Nancy Pelosi
Democratic Leader

Steny H. Hoyer
Democratic Whip

Henry A. Waxman
Ranking Minority Member

Committee on Government Reform

What was the outcome??

(bolding mine)

I couldn't get your linky to work, but I found this:

Its a January, 25 2006, conclusion to a letter to the then Speaker of the House, The Honorable J. Dennis Hastert, wherein Pelosi bitches about unfair practices, etc., etc...

The image and integrity of Congress have been called into serious question. To restore public faith in Congress, the institution must initiate a careful examination of how corrupt practices have influenced the legislative process. Understanding what went wrong is a prerequisite to accountability and reform.

For these reasons, we urge you to direct an immediate investigation into the legislative process that produced the Medicare Prescription Drug Act, the drafting of the pharmaceutical provisions in the pending budget reconciliation bill, and the role of the Alexander Strategy Group.

Sincerely,

Nancy Pelosi
Democratic Leader

Steny H. Hoyer
Democratic Whip

Henry A. Waxman
Ranking Minority Member

Committee on Government Reform

What was the outcome??

how could the link not work? it works fine...and has worked fine hundreds of times already...

when you read it, come back to me, and then we can debate what you want.

care

Forum List

Back