Obama did not deny requests for help in Benghazi:

Aide

Fox News Channel reported Friday that American officials in the compound repeatedly asked for military help during the assault but were rebuffed by CIA higher-ups. At a press briefing one day earlier, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, asked why there had not been a quicker, more forceful response to the assault, complained of "Monday-morning quarterbacking." Panetta said he and top military commanders had judged it too dangerous to send troops to the eastern Libyan city without a clearer picture of events on the ground.

But Weekly Standard Editor Bill Kristol, in a post published Friday, doubted Panetta's explanation and said the fault must lie with Obama himself. "Would the secretary of defense make such a decision on his own? No," Kristol wrote. "It would have been a presidential decision."

"He's wrong," said Vietor.

Obama did not deny requests for help in Benghazi: Aide | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Foxnews right wing propaganda.and Conservative rag Weekly Standard.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/13/w...ck-in-benghazi-libya.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I must have missed something. When did we become dependent on private security contractors for diplomat protection? Ultimately, I lay blame on the president, but the State department is looking more and more incompetent. According to the above article, the Libya Mission was not considered a high risk post. Wires were crossed somewhere, and Americans died. A sitting President ought to readily accept the responsibility and reach out to the American people and reassure them. I continue to await an acceptable explanation.

Aide

Fox News Channel reported Friday that American officials in the compound repeatedly asked for military help during the assault but were rebuffed by CIA higher-ups. At a press briefing one day earlier, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, asked why there had not been a quicker, more forceful response to the assault, complained of "Monday-morning quarterbacking." Panetta said he and top military commanders had judged it too dangerous to send troops to the eastern Libyan city without a clearer picture of events on the ground.

But Weekly Standard Editor Bill Kristol, in a post published Friday, doubted Panetta's explanation and said the fault must lie with Obama himself. "Would the secretary of defense make such a decision on his own? No," Kristol wrote. "It would have been a presidential decision."

Obama did not deny requests for help in Benghazi: Aide | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/13/w...ck-in-benghazi-libya.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I must have missed something. When did we become dependent on private security contractors for diplomat protection? Ultimately, I lay blame on the president, but the State department is looking more and more incompetent. According to the above article, the Libya Mission was not considered a high risk post. Wires were crossed somewhere, and Americans died. A sitting President ought to readily accept the responsibility and reach out to the American people and reassure them. I continue to await an acceptable explanation.
Don't hold your breath.

Somebody refused the request for help we might know more if the President would answer questions about this instead of going on MTV and talking about today's music with Sway. But I guess that is more important and relevant than a dead ambassador his assistant and two former navy seals.

Last edited:
Ok, if the white house didn't deny it, who did?

Logistics. Firstly, there was no way of knowing exactly what was going on and secondly, if they did, no way to get forces there in time.

There was a drone watching it, sending info in almost real time

The fighting went on for 7 hours. That's a VERY long time.

STFU you stupid twat
What a vile, bitter, little person you must be.

How did you release your self-loathing prior to being able to spew your garbage hiding behind the anonymity of the internet? Because I know you don't have the balls to talk to anyone in person the way you do on the internet.

You probably sat in a darkened room all day --- and probably still do --- beating your dick with one hand while punching yourself with the other hand as you scream, "No Mommy! No Mommy!

Now go ahead and make your anonymous threats to me, you gutless little internet coward.

The White House on Saturday flatly denied that President Barack Obama withheld requests for help from the besieged American compound in Benghazi, Libya, as it came under on attack by suspected terrorists on September 11th.

"Neither the president nor anyone in the White House denied any requests for assistance in Benghazi," National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor told Yahoo News by email.

:eusa_eh:

President Clinton says, "It depends on how you define 'denied.'"

STFU you stupid twat
What a vile, bitter, little person you must be.

How did you release your self-loathing prior to being able to spew your garbage hiding behind the anonymity of the internet? Because I know you don't have the balls to talk to anyone in person the way you do on the internet.

You probably sat in a darkened room all day --- and probably still do --- beating your dick with one hand while punching yourself with the other hand as you scream, "No Mommy! No Mommy!

Now go ahead and make your anonymous threats to me, you gutless little internet coward.

Maybe next time one of the dead will be related to you....we will watch for your support of Obama at that time.

Let's face it. Most people have no idea how the chain of command works and how decisions are made. Many times as in this case, the generals decide wheter to intercede and it never reaches the level of the president. If anyone erred, it was the generals who said it was too unknown and dangerous on the ground to send them in. If they had been massacred, the right would be bitching about that. The fault of this horrendous act falls upon the perpetrators and no one else!

Let's face it. Most people have no idea how the chain of command works and how decisions are made. Many times as in this case, the generals decide wheter to intercede and it never reaches the level of the president. If anyone erred, it was the generals who said it was too unknown and dangerous on the ground to send them in. If they had been massacred, the right would be bitching about that. The fault of this horrendous act falls upon the perpetrators and no one else!

You are full of shit, this is ALWAYS a CIC call, go peddle your crap elsewhere.

First, you say most people have no idea how the chain of command works.

:eusa_eh:

Then you proceed to tell us how the chain of command works

:eusa_hand:

Then you tell us that generals knew it was too dangerous for the most advanced military force on the planet to save their own ambassador.

:eusa_whistle:

Finally you expect us to believe that the President Who Killed Osama Bin Laden could not protect his own ambassador.

Perhaps you like being surrounded by bullshit.

Aide

You look more insane daily.

One hour out of Italy. I'm being kind more like 45 minutes.

Any questions?

We know this. Do you want to challenge this?

Washington let these men die. Of that there is no doubt.

Forum List

Back