ICE Shooting: New Video from Case With Agents Accused of Lying Under Oath

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2017
Messages
18,794
Reaction score
11,780
Points
1,280
Location
Twin Falls Idaho
New video appears to undermine claims by the federal government regarding an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent who shot a Venezuelan migrant in January.

The footage, published Monday by the New York Times, contradicts the agent's claim that three attackers, including Julio C. Sosa-Celis, had assaulted him with a shovel and broom for roughly three minutes before he opened fire, hitting Sosa-Celis on January 14 in Minneapolis.

But the confrontation caught on surveillance camera actually lasted about 12 seconds and depicted two men struggling with the agent. The shovel attack, as alleged, did not occur, according to the footage.





"What we saw last night in Minneapolis was an attempted murder of federal law enforcement," Secretary of Homeland Security Kristi Noem said in January regarding the incident. "Our officer was ambushed and attacked by three individuals who beat him with snow shovels and the handles of brooms. Fearing for his life, the officer fired a defensive shot."

The Department of Homeland Security did not respond to inquiries about the video, including whether the agency had reviewed the footage before detailing the incident publicly, the Times reported.

Federal authorities had access to the footage within hours of the shooting, yet prosecutors did not watch the clip until nearly three weeks after they filed charges against Sosa-Celis, 24, and one of his roommates, Alfredo Alejandro Aljorna, 26, the New York Times reported.

"Bare due diligence would have shown that the agents were lying," Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey told the newspaper after viewing the video.


The footage, which was obtained via an open records request, conflicts with how the incident had been described by Noem and other federal officials, including that the ICE agent fired his weapon after three residents attacked him with a shovel and broom, according to the outlet.

Minneapolis Police Chief Brian O'Hara said the newly obtained footage severely undermined the government's initial account.
 
So two men can attack you and you can't shoot them?... I mean is that your point?... as an ICE agent you are armed if you lose a fight you die...
Actually this is not about whether it was a good shoot or not..it's about Homeland Security having exculpatory evidence within hours after the shooting...and not revealing it.

ICE lied to the American people....and it appears that they did it knowingly.

As to the shooting itself....well--was he in fear for his life--or did he shoot the guy to apprehend--which is, by the way, legal also?


But ya got to ask yourself..why did they feel the need to lie?
 
Actually this is not about whether it was a good shoot or not..it's about Homeland Security having exculpatory evidence within hours after the shooting...and not revealing it.

ICE lied to the American people....and it appears that they did it knowingly.

As to the shooting itself....well--was he in fear for his life--or did he shoot the guy to apprehend--which is, by the way, legal also?


But ya got to ask yourself..why did they feel the need to lie?
Evidence?... that video is not evidence... you couldn't see the attack or what took place....
 
It’s evidence that what the ICE officer described is clearly untrue.
How?... you couldn't tell if he was being hit with a shovel or not... as far as I'm concerned he had every right to defend himself with deadly force even if there was no shovel.... If two men jumped me and I had my weapon they both would be dead....
 
How?... you couldn't tell if he was being hit with a shovel or not... as far as I'm concerned he had every right to defend himself with deadly force even if there was no shovel.... If two men jumped me and I had my weapon they both would be dead....
He said he was being attacked by three men with a shovel and broom sticks for three minutes.

You can see the shovel on the ground. He fired after 15 seconds.

It’s an obvious lie.
 
He said he was being attacked by three men with a shovel and broom sticks for three minutes.

You can see the shovel on the ground. He fired after 15 seconds.

It’s an obvious lie.
Maybe he thought there were three of them... why would he lie about that... two men attacking him warrant's him using deadly force....
It doesn't make any sense.... and once again you can't see anything in that video....
 
Maybe he thought there were three of them... why would he lie about that... two men attacking him warrant's him using deadly force....
It doesn't make any sense.... and once again you can't see anything in that video....
The purpose of the lie seems obvious. He didn’t have legal justification to shoot without embellishing the story.
 
The purpose of the lie seems obvious. He didn’t have legal justification to shoot without embellishing the story.
I don't see how you can make that statement.... you don't know that.... seems this is a wish video and story for anti Americans....
 
I don't see how you can make that statement.... you don't know that.... seems this is a wish video and story for anti Americans....
Most logical conclusion based on the available objective evidence.

They clearly weren’t trying to murder the ICE agent.
 
Most logical conclusion based on the available objective evidence.

They clearly weren’t trying to murder the ICE agent.
Were you there?... you're dreaming dude.... you are assuming which makes an ass out of you....
 
New video appears to undermine claims by the federal government regarding an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent who shot a Venezuelan migrant in January.

The footage, published Monday by the New York Times, contradicts the agent's claim that three attackers, including Julio C. Sosa-Celis, had assaulted him with a shovel and broom for roughly three minutes before he opened fire, hitting Sosa-Celis on January 14 in Minneapolis.

But the confrontation caught on surveillance camera actually lasted about 12 seconds and depicted two men struggling with the agent. The shovel attack, as alleged, did not occur, according to the footage.





"What we saw last night in Minneapolis was an attempted murder of federal law enforcement," Secretary of Homeland Security Kristi Noem said in January regarding the incident. "Our officer was ambushed and attacked by three individuals who beat him with snow shovels and the handles of brooms. Fearing for his life, the officer fired a defensive shot."

The Department of Homeland Security did not respond to inquiries about the video, including whether the agency had reviewed the footage before detailing the incident publicly, the Times reported.

Federal authorities had access to the footage within hours of the shooting, yet prosecutors did not watch the clip until nearly three weeks after they filed charges against Sosa-Celis, 24, and one of his roommates, Alfredo Alejandro Aljorna, 26, the New York Times reported.


"Bare due diligence would have shown that the agents were lying," Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey told the newspaper after viewing the video.


The footage, which was obtained via an open records request, conflicts with how the incident had been described by Noem and other federal officials, including that the ICE agent fired his weapon after three residents attacked him with a shovel and broom, according to the outlet.
Minneapolis Police Chief Brian O'Hara said the newly obtained footage severely undermined the government's initial account.

I learned very little from the video

If this were the NFL with Instant Replay the call on the field would stand
 
I can see the video which bears little resemblance to the way the officer said it went down.

Should we ignore the video and just believe the officer?
Dude you can't see shit in that video...
 
15th post
Dude you can't see shit in that video...
Maybe you can’t see shit because you don’t want to see shit.

You can’t deny that there would be an obvious motivation for him to lie, given he has to justify his use of deadly force. You asked then question “why would he lie”, and the answer is totally obvious.

But you can’t see that either.
 
If an ICE agent is attacked by other people and if they are in genuine fear for the life - self defense is justified.
 
New video appears to undermine claims by the federal government regarding an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent who shot a Venezuelan migrant in January.

The footage, published Monday by the New York Times, contradicts the agent's claim that three attackers, including Julio C. Sosa-Celis, had assaulted him with a shovel and broom for roughly three minutes before he opened fire, hitting Sosa-Celis on January 14 in Minneapolis.

But the confrontation caught on surveillance camera actually lasted about 12 seconds and depicted two men struggling with the agent. The shovel attack, as alleged, did not occur, according to the footage.





"What we saw last night in Minneapolis was an attempted murder of federal law enforcement," Secretary of Homeland Security Kristi Noem said in January regarding the incident. "Our officer was ambushed and attacked by three individuals who beat him with snow shovels and the handles of brooms. Fearing for his life, the officer fired a defensive shot."

The Department of Homeland Security did not respond to inquiries about the video, including whether the agency had reviewed the footage before detailing the incident publicly, the Times reported.

Federal authorities had access to the footage within hours of the shooting, yet prosecutors did not watch the clip until nearly three weeks after they filed charges against Sosa-Celis, 24, and one of his roommates, Alfredo Alejandro Aljorna, 26, the New York Times reported.


"Bare due diligence would have shown that the agents were lying," Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey told the newspaper after viewing the video.


The footage, which was obtained via an open records request, conflicts with how the incident had been described by Noem and other federal officials, including that the ICE agent fired his weapon after three residents attacked him with a shovel and broom, according to the outlet.
Minneapolis Police Chief Brian O'Hara said the newly obtained footage severely undermined the government's initial account.

The leftists in the alternate reality of Minneapolis’istan are desperate to protect their criminals.
 

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom