obama caves again

I hate to couch it like this, but I maintain that the President (and his team) are not getting forced to "cave in" at all.

For the MOMENT -- and for all it's worth, it is JUST for the moment -- he seems to have taken a step backward on the matter of compelling religious objectors to be compelled to DO as he commands.

But since he is fashioning these rules and regs out of whole fucking cloth, there is no way to insure that he won't RE-CHANGE his mind later -- as in his second term if he can get re-elected.

Meanwhile, although we called Bubba "slick willie," the truth SEEMS to be that President Obama is the one being slick.

While he has framed the argument as to whether or not he can compel a religious objector to do thus and so, we are passing on the bigger issue. He maintains that he can compel insurance companies to do thus and so.

He is accruing power by edict and THAT portion of it isn't getting noted or attacked.

The dictatorial style bastard is smarter than I realized and slicker than slick willie.
He's "The Decider".

That may be. But politically he's done what he needs to do. The loss in votes will be minimal.
He'll still win in 2012. Not because he's a good president but because the GOP has screwed the pooch so badly. Seriously, these idiots are the best they could do? WTF???
Kay Bailey Hutchinson for president! Put Susana Martinez on as VP and you secure every vote on the planet! Oh well, in my dreams...

i agree with the part in bold... not as to every vote, but enough.

but then again, kay bailey hutchinson should have been their VP nominee last time.

they'd have won then, too.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to G.T. again.

I predicted this one. This is by design. He creates the problem and then swoops in pretending to be the 'voice of reason' to solve it. Just another Saul Alinsky 'Community Organizer' trick. It's all in his 'Rules for Radicals' if anyone's interested. This President has declared War on his fellow Citizens many times. This War was completely wrong and totally unnecessary. But it is by design. This guy aint no 'Uniter.' He's the exact opposite. It's a real shame.

I think him and his cronies are creating a distraction during an election year so people wont be focused on his massive fail the last 3-1/2 years. Everything he has done has been nothing more than smoke and mirrors, look at the left hand while I do this with the right hand type shit.

I appreciate it.

ftr - study #3 shows preventative uses but also correlations with higher risks.

Emulating Hawaii, where the rule is in effect, would mean that employees at religious institutions that do not offer free contraception in the health insurance plan can get birth control through side benefits, which the employees nominally pay for but which often end up being free.

Difficult to call how the Church will see this. 'Nominally pay' could be a sticking point for the left.

But.... yea.... he's caving.

As predicted by anyone with the intellect to look at the voting history of Catholics. :lol:

The mere fact that he was serious about pushing this through should still scare the hell out of anyone in this country who has faith, I say keep pushing to your congregations for them to vote him out in 2012. I see not much difference in Obama and Hitler when it comes to legislation and tactics. And it's scary as hell. This country will not survive another 4 years of this man.

The Church won't push its congregations to vote either way... but I can see Catholics looking to an alternative after this.

I predicted this one. This is by design. He creates the problem and then swoops in pretending to be the 'voice of reason' to solve it. Just another Saul Alinsky 'Community Organizer' trick. It's all in his 'Rules for Radicals' if anyone's interested. This President has declared War on his fellow Citizens many times. This War was completely wrong and totally unnecessary. But it is by design. This guy aint no 'Uniter.' He's the exact opposite. It's a real shame.

I think him and his cronies are creating a distraction during an election year so people wont be focused on his massive fail the last 3-1/2 years. Everything he has done has been nothing more than smoke and mirrors, look at the left hand while I do this with the right hand type shit.

why would he create a distraction from the train wreck that is the GOP primary process?

nutbar.

Aside from the fact Alinsky died when Obama was a child..what connection do you guys see between them?

Oh yeah..both helped poor people get housing.

A Carnal Sin amoung conservatives.

"Let them eat cake."

Alinsky was obama hero while obama was in college, he studied alinsky and worshipped him. But if your interested there is a book called "Rules for radicals" that I am sure Obama read while in college, alinsky was admired on the left, he also was a community agitator like obama.

If this is part of obamacare, shouldn't it go back to the congress and senate to be adjusted? Can the president just say "This part of the legislation sucks, I myself am gonna change this"?. It's a law, can the president just change the law on his own? Is this setting dangerous precedent?

I hate to couch it like this, but I maintain that the President (and his team) are not getting forced to "cave in" at all.

For the MOMENT -- and for all it's worth, it is JUST for the moment -- he seems to have taken a step backward on the matter of compelling religious objectors to be compelled to DO as he commands.

But since he is fashioning these rules and regs out of whole fucking cloth, there is no way to insure that he won't RE-CHANGE his mind later -- as in his second term if he can get re-elected.

Meanwhile, although we called Bubba "slick willie," the truth SEEMS to be that President Obama is the one being slick.

While he has framed the argument as to whether or not he can compel a religious objector to do thus and so, we are passing on the bigger issue. He maintains that he can compel insurance companies to do thus and so.

He is accruing power by edict and THAT portion of it isn't getting noted or attacked.

The dictatorial style bastard is smarter than I realized and slicker than slick willie.
He's "The Decider".

Add that post to your massive list of fail.

In any event, his routine is pretty transparent:

"Ok. Ok. I relent. I won't compel the Catholic Institutions to hand out and pay for the contraceptives and abortion pills."

As though he ever had any legitimate authority to say so in the first place OR to pass that buck over to insurance companies.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtLEPPgbNyM]New Rules: Who is Saul Alinsky?! 1-27-12 - YouTube[/ame]

If this is part of obamacare, shouldn't it go back to the congress and senate to be adjusted? Can the president just say "This part of the legislation sucks, I myself am gonna change this"?. It's a law, can the president just change the law on his own? Is this setting dangerous precedent?

Libs LOVE retroactive signing statements -- err -- amendments!

It is clearly permitted somewhere in one the Constitutional penumbras.

The good-n-plenty clause.

Aside from the fact Alinsky died when Obama was a child..what connection do you guys see between them?

Oh yeah..both helped poor people get housing.

A Carnal Sin amoung conservatives.

"Let them eat cake."

Alinsky was obama hero while obama was in college, he studied alinsky and worshipped him. But if your interested there is a book called "Rules for radicals" that I am sure Obama read while in college, alinsky was admired on the left, he also was a community agitator like obama.

Since Paulitician pussied out, how about you telling us what is wrong with organizing a community?

Link for the bolded bullshit?

He's "The Decider".

Add that post to your massive list of fail.

In any event, his routine is pretty transparent:

"Ok. Ok. I relent. I won't compel the Catholic Institutions to hand out and pay for the contraceptives and abortion pills."

As though he ever had any legitimate authority to say so in the first place OR to pass that buck over to insurance companies.
So, it was OK when Bush was The Decider, but not Obama?

The NYT is being its typical more vague self muddying the water here and wording the story to leave a lot of leeway for interpretation, so while it is looking like Obama is caving, is he really? Whether the President is Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 42, Obama, or Mickey Mouse, the federal government should not have the power to tell a private business, including insurance companies, what they must provide for free or otherwise. Nor should it be telling private or parochial businesses what products they have to buy or provide their employees.

I am not seeing in that article or hearing anywhere else, that the mandates are not still in force. Looks to me like they have just been reworded and restructured a bit to LOOK like a compromise.

So, it was OK when Bush was using signing statements, but not Obama?

Keep digging that asshole!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQtwo8lp_E8&feature=related]Saul Alinsky Explains Community Organizing as an Outside Agitator. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjH4QBSwWlg&feature=related]MILTON FRIEDMAN-what alinsky never told obama... - YouTube[/ame]

Difficult to call how the Church will see this. 'Nominally pay' could be a sticking point for the left.

But.... yea.... he's caving.

As predicted by anyone with the intellect to look at the voting history of Catholics. :lol:

this is why rightwingnuts are nuts....

you moan, you cry, you misrepresent what's going on.

and then you moan, you cry, you misrepresent what's going on and say "he caved".

that;s why i always said he should just tell y'all to go f**k yourselves.

*shrug*

The point dear lady (hyperventilating dear lady) is that his "cave in" was all for show and isn't a cave in at all.

We aren't misrepresenting what he's doing, either.

We are commenting ACCURATELY on what he's doing.

And with his latest move, he DID kind of tell everyone to go fuck themselves.

My republican friend just called me trying to make this seem like a big deal. Like Obama just lost millions of catholic votes. Meanwhile, even most Catholics approve and want free preventative contraception to be covered by their insurance provider.

This is just the GOP's issue of the day/week. Trying to fire up the base because the base hates Romney. They gotta get them to hate Obama more.

The GOP will come up with many other October surprises between now and election day. Get ready everyone. Hold on. They can no longer say Obama isn't doing a good job with the economy so they are going to focus on wedge/social issues. Next week Obama will be attacking gun owners. Next month it will be Jews. Then they will bring up Obamacare.

The GOP don't have any new plays in their playbook. Its funny.

list of george bush signing statements:

List of Presidential Signing Statements Issued by George W. Bush

list of barack obama's signing statements

President Obama has not yet issued any signing statements

Presidential Signing Statements - List of Obama's Signing Statements

Last edited:

Forum List

Back