NRA's new poster child for 2nd Ammend. rights

Yes, it is a slippery slope. Unless you honestly believe that the gun grabbers will cease and desist if "assault" weapons are banned.

Do you really believe that?
Handguns and military style semi automatics will have to be taken out of circulation before the firearms homicide rate drops to the levels of other developed nations.

But that's okay, since no one is bearing them to assure the security of a free state as is constitutionally envisaged, and there'll still be all the rifles and shotguns anyone's heart could desire.

Are you a psychic?

Mark

Imagine this: guns are a problem. And, they are the solution? We need to reconfigure the logic here, guns are a problem,adding more guns just add to that. This is a circular debate. We stop needless gun violence by removing guns from the populace. Sure, we have people that abuse autos, knives or fill in the blank, all worthy of note. One thing at a time, please.

Our violent crime rate is down to 1960 levels, while our society has added millions of guns. So, if you want to use "logic" on the question, you probably should rethink your answer.

Mark

Imagine this: guns are a problem. And, they are the solution? We need to reconfigure the logic here, guns are a problem,adding more guns just add to that. This is a circular debate. We stop needless gun violence by removing guns from the populace. Sure, we have people that abuse autos, knives or fill in the blank, all worthy of note. One thing at a time, please.

Our violent crime rate is down to 1960 levels, while our society has added millions of guns. So, if you want to use "logic" on the question, you probably should rethink your answer.

Mark
Um, we had all these mass shootings, nothing like that ever happened in the early sixties until the 1966 TU clock tower shooter. He may have been ill, and so what? I don't care. All those defenseless kids murdered by a mad man, something is wrong here. They say, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is a sign of insanity, Let's let crazy people get guns and expect non crazy people to stop them. Right. That doesn't work, it's been proved over and over again.

Well, 'logic' would seem to say that if military style semi automatics and handguns are not generally available their use in mass killings will decrease.

13512205_701441176660447_8394490248158329052_n.jpg
Perhaps that would be more accurate, "We shoot in the back". You guys are so proud when children end up dead. But what we need are more guns on the street. What a bunch of assholes you guys are.

Well, 'logic' would seem to say that if military style semi automatics and handguns are not generally available their use in mass killings will decrease.
Too bad you have no idea as to the difference between an ar15(sporting rifle) and a military grade weapon...
This makes it elementary for you… LOL

Last edited:
I had someone point a gun at me. This was back in 73, I actually took it away from him and had the option to shoot him. I ran away and shot it into the ground. Pop pop pop pop. A pivotal time in my life. Nobody was there to save me, God or the fates, NOBODY. No God, no friends, no armed bystander. And I hate guns NOW.

Good grief, this woman isn't a poster child for jack shit. Let's not attempt to turn this awful story into a lame political food fight.

You and I will have to disagree on this one. I am sick of this country's paralysis about doing something about guns and domestic violence. And I say that, having had a drunk family member threaten me with a gun.
------------------------ so you can't handle personal family probems ehh V.S. ??

Not at all, Pismoe. I am, in fact, aware that guns can be a good thing. The family member who threatened me with a gun blew his own brains out within a year, Problem solved, asshole.
---------------------------- as you said problem solved . Did you initially call the authorities when you were first threatened V.S. ??

Being 7 years old at the time, no I did not, and if you make another comment about my personal life, you will go on my ignore list. Try to show a little class, ok?

'"It would be horribly tragic if my ability to protect myself or my family were to be taken away, but that's exactly what Democrats are determined to do by banning semi-automatic handguns," she wrote in March, along with an anti-gun control video.'

In addition to being mentally ill she was also a liar.

Democrats seek neither to ‘take away’ anyone’s guns nor ‘ban’ semi-auto pistols.

If they manage to ban "assault" rifles, and the carnage continues with semi auto pistols, you can bet the farm that those arms would be targeted next.

Mark

Yep. It is a slippery slope. First, they ban bazookas, Then they restrict automatic rifles.....

Yes, it is a slippery slope. Unless you honestly believe that the gun grabbers will cease and desist if "assault" weapons are banned.

Do you really believe that?

Mark

Since I have never said, "assault weapons should be banned", I guess that you should also answer that argument that I never made.

Last edited:
As soon as someone uses a firearm to commit murder of innocent people they are breaking the law. They no longer follow the Constitution. Gun rights activist are no more responsible for this women's actions than a Liberal is for Muslim terrorist attacks.

And be sure to thank your republican congressman for blocking the democrats from closing the loophole that would have made it illegal for a private individual to sell John Hinkley a firearm. Also, there is a guy on my block who has had 3 DWI's, and his license has been revoked, and is known for his temper and abusive behavior, but since he has not been convicted of a felony, he can decide to order a firearm by passing a background check, and the next time his wife gets out of line, he just might teach her a lesson.

Last edited:
Another perfect example for why we need stricter gun control; had this woman not had guns, those two beautiful young women would still be alive. It's so sad. They are just considered collateral damage in the war to preserve a literal interpretation of the 2nd amendment at whatever cost
Or she could have just drowned the kids in a bath tub like Andrea Yates

If we didn't allow crazy people to have tubs her kids would be alive today too?

And as far as I can tell there is no right to have a tub
Or she could have just drowned the kids in a bath tub like Andrea Yates

and yates claimed her Jesus told her to do it!!

Yes..and since Jesus never permitted murder...she didn't do it in his name...she should have joined Islam.......

Jezus didn't permit divorce, so I guess that means there's a lot of fake Christian's out there.

As soon as someone uses a firearm to commit murder of innocent people they are breaking the law. They no longer follow the Constitution. Gun rights activist are no more responsible for this women's actions than a Liberal is for Muslim terrorist attacks.

And be sure to thank your republican congressman for blocking the democrats from closing the loophole that would have made it illegal for a private individual to sell John Hinkley a firearm. Also, there is a guy on my block who has had 3 DWI's, and his license has been revoked, and is known for his temper and abusive behavior, but since he has not been convicted of a felony, he can decide to order a firearm by passing a background check, and the next time his wife gets out of line, he just might teach her a lesson.
------------------------- life is full of risks , maybe she should give him the boot ehh ??

In other news millions of other law abiding gun owning citizens go about their daily lives.

----------------------------------- she oughta get a gun , most guys don't really need a gun in the situation that you describe V.S..

------------------------- life is full of risks , maybe she should give him the boot ehh ??

You are absolutely right, Pismoe. If he kills her in a drunken rage, it is her fault for being there.

In other news millions of other law abiding gun owning citizens go about their daily lives.

..and not one of these law abiding citizens would have lost anything if it were illegal for a private individual from selling a firearm to a felon or mentally unstable person....

You are absolutely right, Pismoe. If he kills her in a drunken rage, it is her fault for being there.
------------------- she oughta use her brains V.S..

..and not one of these law abiding citizens would have lost anything if it were illegal for a private individual from selling a firearm to a felon or mentally unstable person....
A private citizen would be held responsible for selling a gun to a felon so your premise is BS.

----------------------------------- she oughta get a gun , most guys don't really need a gun in the situation that you describe V.S..

Right. instead of stopping an alcoholic, unstable, abusive person from getting a gun, The wife is remiss for not strapping on, and having a showdown with him on main street.

Forum List

Back