NRA sues California officials for closing gun stores amid coronavirus outbreak

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
‘"In this time when we all need to sacrifice to flatten the curve and stop this pandemic, it is disturbing that the NRA won't budge from its overriding purpose -- to increase gun industry profits at any cost," Kris Brown, Brady's president, told the network.

"There is no constitutional right to spread coronavirus while shopping, for guns or anything else," she said.’

There’s also no merit to the suit.

Gun resellers are not being singled-out as non-essential, other businesses are likewise subject to such regulation.

The closures are made pursuant to controlling the coronavirus outbreak, having nothing to do with the selling of firearms.

The NRA and other dishonest rightwing organizations and individuals will of course attempt to propagate the lie that such orders are intended to stop the sale of guns.

Pretty much every place they've tried to shut down gun stores has failed and they remain open. Though, some are by appointment only. But they're still open none the less.

Sorry, Jones. You can't win em all, buddy.

Someone had posted a short list of states on here the other day saying that gun stores in those states were shut down. It was a false report. While some communist residents in those states did try to use the virus as a pathway to shut down gun stores in that list of states, the gun stores prevailed in every state on the list that was posted. All remain open.

Last edited:
‘"In this time when we all need to sacrifice to flatten the curve and stop this pandemic, it is disturbing that the NRA won't budge from its overriding purpose -- to increase gun industry profits at any cost," Kris Brown, Brady's president, told the network.

"There is no constitutional right to spread coronavirus while shopping, for guns or anything else," she said.’

Gun resellers are not being singled-out as non-essential, other businesses are likewise subject to such regulation.

The closures are made pursuant to controlling the coronavirus outbreak, having nothing to do with the selling of firearms.

The NRA and other dishonest rightwing organizations and individuals will of course attempt to propagate the lie that such orders are intended to stop the sale of guns.
Deep shit if there was no merit why were gun stores firearm/ Ammo manufacturers designated critical and essential?

I oppose this suit...the last thing I want is Californians who didn't already have guns to get guns. Keep the left disarmed.

I guess gun store owners should develop drive through windows for their apparently much needed "emergency" ammunition and firearms application forms distribution. Once approved for the gun sale, they simply drive up to the window and pick up their "emergency" gun. End result, social distancing.

Last edited:
I saw the pictures of the idjits waiting to get into the gun stores. Butt cheek to Butt cheek for a couple of blocks in CA. CA has a huge problem with the virus and those lines are just incubators. I agree. The Stores can go to a process of one on one instead of that. Make an appointment and wait your turn. CA is right to shut down the gun stores to the throngs like that. And if the NRA and the gunnutters don't like it, move to another state where the lines are shorter. Here in colorado, we still have open gun stores but we don't have long lines to get into them. In fact, all of them have a sign that only 6 people can be in the store at one time and they need to keep the 6ft intervals. Either we aren't in a state of panic or we already have enough guns and ammo.

Here in colorado, we still have open gun stores but we don't have long lines to get into them
The Post Office here is selling outta PO boxes

One of our local gun shops had to close down, due to the overwhelming influx of outta stater's wanting thier first gun

Being a tad slow on the uptake, It took me a while to piece that together

~S~

One of our local gun shops had to close down, due to the overwhelming influx of outta stater's wanting thier first gun

I dunno where you are, but I had posted a report on that. The reasons given for shutting it down was because the sheriff was ascared of people getting their first gun during scary times. Pffft. As if he had that authority to void people's natural rights in order to placate his personal fears.

That got canned when the state's attorney got involved and the store remained open. Not sure if it is by appointment only or not, but it remained opened.

I dunno where you are, but I had posted a report on that. The reasons given for shutting it down was because the sheriff was ascared of people getting their first gun during scary times. Pffft. As if he had that authority to void people's natural rights in order to placate his personal fears.

That got canned when the state's attorney got involved and the store remained open. Not sure if it is by appointment only or not, but it remained opened.
Southern Vermont NC
the land time forgot
we've been the NRA's special state for a long time, VT open carry and all that jazz
in the particular case mentioned, the shop owner just couldn't handle all the influx from surrounding states
a sheriff involved would have made it an entirely different story

~S~

Southern Vermont NC
the land time forgot
we've been the NRA's special state for a long time, VT open carry and all that jazz
in the particular case mentioned, the shop owner just couldn't handle all the influx from surrounding states
a sheriff involved would have made it an entirely different story

~S~

Oh, I see. The report I had shared was out of California.

Vermont is a pretty state. Really nice in the winter time.

Forum List

Back