Not The Onion: Climate Change Causing Ocean Floor To Sink Under Water Weight From Melting Glaciers

Yep...I am. And I haven't said that I don't believe in QM...I have said that most of it is based on unobservable, unmeasurable, untestable models. There are certain elements that I will go along with because observation and measurement suggest strongly that the are mostly correct. QM is still in the process of being written and QM in 100 years will be about as recognizable as medicine of 100 years ago is today. People who have jumped in and believe based on nothing more than models will end up on the same side of science as those who promoted phrenology, leeches, and noxious humors.
Naw you don't believe in QM. You said it many times. You reject much of QM theory that was accepted by all science for the last 100 years.

If I said it many times you should have little problem providing a quote from me stating as much.....or you could simply apologize for making up a position fro me and arguing against that.

It isn't about science to guys like that...he is uneducated and incapable of even beginning to grasp science so to him it is a quasi religion..he looks for people whom he perceives as smarter than himself who share his political views and he follows. Look back through his posts...not a single one gives any inkling that he has even the smallest grasp of the science...he is here to play the part of an impotent internet bully to anyone who disagrees with is cult beliefs..
You are accusing someone of not grasping science? You have no understanding of thermodynamics and quantum mechanics. In fact you said many times you don't believe in QM. Seems like the pot calling the kettle black.

You are wrong in my case. I have a better understanding of both thermodynamics and quantum mechanics than most people who aren’t in those disciplines. I also know history very well. History tells us that every time science “knows for sure” it really doesn’t. It also tells us that scientists were and are still, for sale.

end up on the same side of science as those who promoted phrenology, leeches, and noxious humors
Are leeches being used in modern medicine?

In 2004, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved French firm Ricarimpex SAS to market leeches as medical devices. The company joined a handful of others that have been providing medicinal leeches in the states since at least 1975.
Even your example is out of date. For you 2 out of three isn't bad.

end up on the same side of science as those who promoted phrenology, leeches, and noxious humors

In 2004, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved French firm Ricarimpex SAS to market leeches as medical devices. The company joined a handful of others that have been providing medicinal leeches in the states since at least 1975.

A handful of doctors are using leaches in the states. A handful. Does that register at all to you?

You are wrong in my case. I have a better understanding of both thermodynamics and quantum mechanics than most people who aren’t in those disciplines. I also know history very well. History tells us that every time science “knows for sure” it really doesn’t. It also tells us that scientists were and are still, for sale.
Do you believe that warm objects can radiate photons in all directions no matter what the temperature of the background is? Do you believe the Stefan Boltzmann equation says that object radiate EM energy according to the fourth power of temperature no matter what the background temperature is?

A handful of doctors are using leaches in the states. A handful. Does that register at all to you?
Read it again. It says a handful of companies provide leaches, not a handful of doctors using them.

Do you believe that warm objects can radiate photons in all directions no matter what the temperature of the background is? Do you believe the Stefan Boltzmann equation says that object radiate EM energy according to the fourth power of temperature no matter what the background temperature is?

As to the first, yes I do. As to the second, I’m not familiar enough with that to have an answer.

As to the first, yes I do. As to the second, I’m not familiar enough with that to have an answer.
Then you are probably smarter and less ignorant than many on this thread. SSDD does not believe those laws. They were established around 100 years ago.

Yeah...yeah...sinking ocean floors...that's the ticket...sea levels aren't rising as predicted so lets tell them that the ocean floor is sinking....yeah...they will believe that...that's the ticket.
Of course people will believe it. The left has eliminated education in favor of dogma. Seems allergic to science and has adopted drug use to keep people from thinking too much.

This is the bave new world.

Here's the thing: everything and anything that has to do with GW/CC is primarily based on estimates, as is the research referred to in the OP. This is what the link to Newsweek about it said:

" To do that, they reviewed approximations of mass loss on land, as ice melted and drained into the oceans, and compared that to estimates of sea volume changes. They found that around the world for two decades, ocean basins deformed an average of 0.004 inches (0.1 millimeter) per year, with a total deformation of 0.08 inches (2 mm). "

Which is not to say it's wrong, but the track record hasn't been very good for estimating the future of GW, CC, rising sea levels, the amount of ice melts, solar activity, etc., and what it all actually means is very much up for debate. Despite what the Dems have repeatedly said, the Science is most definitely NOT settled. If you want to deal with the pollution of our air and water, fine; let's find the most cost effective ways to do that. If you're concerned about GW/CC, fine; let's find the most cost effective ways to do that too. But let's not spend gobs of money that satisfy a politician's goals or that of his/her party if the results are insignificant.

I am by no means knowledgeable in this area, but I do think that changes in the earth's crust and plate tectonics probably has a number of factors, and quite frankly I don't think melting ice caps has a whole lot do do with sinking sea bottoms. Particularly when their conclusions are based on somebody's estimates. What I saw dealt with approximations over the past 20 years, what about the last 200 years or the past 2,000 or the past 20,000? Maybe this is GW/CC BS, maybe it's not but I remain unconvinced. And I'm not willing to shell out hundreds of billions to fight a problem that I am not yet convinced is a serious problem that must be addressed now by spending huge amounts of US taxdollars.

Here's the thing: everything and anything that has to do with GW/CC is primarily based on estimates, as is the research referred to in the OP. This is what the link to Newsweek about it said:

" To do that, they reviewed approximations of mass loss on land, as ice melted and drained into the oceans, and compared that to estimates of sea volume changes. They found that around the world for two decades, ocean basins deformed an average of 0.004 inches (0.1 millimeter) per year, with a total deformation of 0.08 inches (2 mm). "

Which is not to say it's wrong, but the track record hasn't been very good for estimating the future of GW, CC, rising sea levels, the amount of ice melts, solar activity, etc., and what it all actually means is very much up for debate. Despite what the Dems have repeatedly said, the Science is most definitely NOT settled. If you want to deal with the pollution of our air and water, fine; let's find the most cost effective ways to do that. If you're concerned about GW/CC, fine; let's find the most cost effective ways to do that too. But let's not spend gobs of money that satisfy a politician's goals or that of his/her party if the results are insignificant.

I am by no means knowledgeable in this area, but I do think that changes in the earth's crust and plate tectonics probably has a number of factors, and quite frankly I don't think melting ice caps has a whole lot do do with sinking sea bottoms. Particularly when their conclusions are based on somebody's estimates. What I saw dealt with approximations over the past 20 years, what about the last 200 years or the past 2,000 or the past 20,000? Maybe this is GW/CC BS, maybe it's not but I remain unconvinced. And I'm not willing to shell out hundreds of billions to fight a problem that I am not yet convinced is a serious problem that must be addressed now by spending huge amounts of US taxdollars.

Hahahaha. How dare you be pragmatic when everyone knows it is only the precautionary principle that counts!

Moron...look at the reason leeches were used back then compared to now...are you that desperate to feel like you might be right about something?

I actually know someone who had leeches used on him...he lost an ear and when it was sewn back on, the doctors applied leeches to keep blood moving until the circulation was restored...hardly the reason they used leeches back then, but he needs so badly to feel like he scored a point that he will take anything that comes along...I am surprised he isn't correcting spelling and punctuation.

QUOTE="SSDD, post: 19033920, member: 40906"]Moron...look at the reason leeches were used back then compared to now...are you that desperate to feel like you might be right about something?[/QUOTE]
Look who's being desperate now.

Actually no, scientists measured it.

Show us all where the science is mattering in the real world s0n?? Billboard stuff doesn't count. Some links would be helpful btw...........
Well, just the awareness and the measures taken so far have slowed the increasd of emissions. They have even leveled off, here in the States. No, I will not be spoonfeeding you any links. Dont waste my time, dummy.

Well then.........I guess that makes me the dummy in here!!!

:spinner:http://naturalgasnow.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/eia-aeo2014-forecast-512x384.png:spinner:

But a winning dummy that just clicked on the link above and laughed his balls off!!!

The Twilight Zone - The Dummy
See what I mean? You are a gullible idiot who will believe anything that jibes with his politics and superstitions, immediately and forever.
Coming from a left wit moron like you, that eats every turd given to him by his handlers, you calling him out only shows your own stupidity..
The difference being, in on the correvt side of the facts, and you are a cackling, ignorant, ineffectual little hack.

No moron, you called me uneducated
Because you are. In these fields, you are an uneducated slob. Can you imagine a proctologist trying to pretend he is outsmarting a physicist at quantum mechanics? You sound like a goddamn fool....a 90 pound weakling, claiming he can beat Mike Tyson, yet never having even thrown a punch himself....freaking absurd....

. I also know history very well. History tells us that every time science “knows for sure” it really doesn’t. It also tells us that scientists were and are still, for sale.
Listen to yourself, making moronic, unconstrained arguments against any and all scientific knowledge. What a fraud you are.

No, let's be honest:

You only apply these absurd criticisms to the science which doesnt jibe with your superstitions and your politics. Period. All the rest of your ignorant bloviating is just a dog and pony show.

No moron, you called me uneducated
Because you are. In these fields, you are an uneducated slob. Can you imagine a proctologist trying to pretend he is outsmarting a physicist at quantum mechanics? You sound like a goddamn fool....a 90 pound weakling, claiming he can beat Mike Tyson, yet never having even thrown a punch himself....freaking absurd....

Stay on topic moron, quit moving the goal posts. You are wrong, be a man and admit it.

. I also know history very well. History tells us that every time science “knows for sure” it really doesn’t. It also tells us that scientists were and are still, for sale.
Listen to yourself, making moronic, unconstrained arguments against any and all scientific knowledge. What a fraud you are.

No, let's be honest:

You only apply these absurd criticisms to the science which doesnt jibe with your superstitions and your politics. Period. All the rest of your ignorant bloviating is just a dog and pony show.

You don't know shit. I'm not some creationist religious nutcase. I have a career in science, I have two degrees and I study history and science for fun. You otoh, just stupidly parrot what you are told. What I told you was absolute fact. Just because it destroys your argument doesn't make it false. I know you will never learn or ever be mature enough to admit you are wrong. you can just stay stupid for all I care. Dismissed.

Forum List

Back