Not Muslim and nit Catholic daughter.

I've been wondering whether embracing Judaism is the default position, having been raised as a Catholic Christian, leaving Catholicism for Protestantism, and then seeing the rise of such assholes as the "Christian" right who simply trash the Christian faith.
As a Catholic: Since each Mass has readings from the Old Testament, for those who have the time and inclination, I heartily recommend studying Judaism. While we Catholics touch on the Old Testament, there is a treasure trove of insights and information available that enriches faith and therefore one's life.

Non-Catholic Christians are certainly welcome to correct/disagree with me--I see many of these denominations as a streamlined version of Catholicism with Catholics using the streamlined version of Judaism within the Catholic faith. Personally, I like in depth everything!

I think the Latin Masses and choirs are great, I go with Catholic friends a few times a year; not that many still doing the Latin masses except on special occasions around here, though.. On the other hand, I think the Baptists have the right approach theologically.

I gave birth to a child from a Muslim, but I want my daughter to be like a Catholic. I am afraid to say this to my husband, because for him she is by default a Muslim. Do you think I can try to protect her as a Catholic without his knowledge?
No joke...you will have a death sentence pronounced on you.

I gave birth to a child from a Muslim, but I want my daughter to be like a Catholic. I am afraid to say this to my husband, because for him she is by default a Muslim. Do you think I can try to protect her as a Catholic without his knowledge?
Do you believe that strangers on the internet have the answer?

I was always convinced from the very old Jewish form the mother defines the religion of the children. I'm sure this is in the will of god. It is your right to do so from my personal point of view. But be wise. Men are idiots and the intelligence of a mob is not existing. God bless you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back