Zone1 Not Giving Your Child Toys For Christmas?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
So I'm guessing that this ban is coming from all of the parents who don't do the Santa Claus legend? Don't get me wrong, it's great to teach children about the true meaning of Christmas, but what child doesn't enjoy receiving toys for Christmases and birthdays. I know I did when I was little and I would never refrain from doing it for my child and or children if I had them now.

I was actually kind of happy when I realized that Santa Claus wasn't real! I had my hunches for a while that the adults were up to something. Finally I confronted them and they admitted it. That was all by the time I was 8.

• Banned
I was actually kind of happy when I realized that Santa Claus wasn't real! I had my hunches for a while that the adults were up to something. Finally I confronted them and they admitted it. That was all by the time I was 8.

I was ten but that wasn't the point of this topic/thread.

Christmas is about giving, caring and sharing.

A gift in my mind is never a toy or anything material but it is about the day of being with those you love and that love you and helping the less fortunate in life.

Toys are meaningless and even though when I was a kid I was given them I was happier for the food and clothes and now I long for traditions from my people and if I had kids they would get a toy but they would also learn about my family tradition also.

Toys are great, especially for us grandparents, since we get to buy toys that we wanted as kids and drive our kids nuts, like drum sets for 8 year olds, saxophones, electirc trains with an entire crate of extra tracks and power supplies, Legos out the wazzoo, (ever step on those barefooted? lol) and gift cards to theme parks with humongous rollercoasters. When they're in their teens, they get high powered stereos and PA systems, and all kinds of stuff teens love regardless of what decade it is. Christmas is great for that sort of thing, once a year, better than birthdays. Don't forget CD's or Youtubes and download accounts for lessons with the instruments.

When I was little, you only got toys for your Bday or Cmas if you were literally good.
If I had been a fucking narcisisstic monster like these little fuktards are today, I'd have never gotten anything.

I never really wanted toys anyway. I wanted stuff I could use.........tools, a record player, clothes, animals.

A gift in my mind is never a toy or anything material but it is about the day of being with those you love and that love you and helping the less fortunate in life.

Toys are meaningless and even though when I was a kid I was given them I was happier for the food and clothes and now I long for traditions from my people and if I had kids they would get a toy but they would also learn about my family tradition also.

You mean like that fun for the whole family thing almost every indian tribe takes a lot of pride in, like torturing captives for days before they die?

take Cmas presents to some homeless shelters, orphanges, and womens/kids shelters. They've had it bad, and they deserve a tiny spec of happiness

I take food and clothes to shelters, but I also load up stuff I'm getting rid of in my truck and just give it to the first homeless person I see. I just gave a red wagon to a local homeless woman trying to carry a bunch of sacks around in her arms yesterday. I just used it once in a while around the yard, but didn't really need it much, so got rid of it to somebody who had a use for it. She hates shelters, says they're dangerous; she's nuts but I believe her in that case; I've heard it a lot over the years. They go there to eat and maybe get some necessitiies but never stay overnight.

I never taught my son my family traditions. It would be something along the lines of throwing a knife with enough force that it sticks in the wall up to the hilt.

We were tremendously poor when I was a child. Most of the time homeless, in a time without generous welfare or shelters. From time to time well meaning people would help the less fortunate, meaning us. We got clothes, leftover food that hadn't quite gone to maggot. Sometimes a place to stay out of the New York winter. Over the years I learned to hate these self righteous bastards with a burning fire. I would have scraped their eyeballs out with a razor blade if I could. Poverty should hurt. Hurt like your swollen belly is scraping up against your backbone. When Poverty is so bad, so painful, that you will do anything, even work, not to be poor anymore, then you will start the long crawl out of Poverty. Or, rot there.

I would do anything to help an animal. I would not help a person who was bleeding to death and I had the last band aid on the planet.

I will spend Christmas with my loved ones. My son's two cats. We will cuddle up on the sofa and watch the dog agility show.

Kids should get some toys at Christmas.
Our kids are grown, but we have an understanding since My daughter wants to teach the bible and raise her kids Christian.

She and her husband give 3 gifts each to the kids. It is, after all, what the Savior received from the Magi.

We -- the grandparents -- get to give them the toys they want. And we do it all year long. We listen to what they want and slowly, over the course of a year, we buy things here and there. That way, we don't have some huge credit card bill due.

The kids get a good lesson
The kids get the toys they want
We get to enjoy the gift of giving.

In the end, it is the gift of giving that Jesus gave the world. It is why we enjoy and love to give.

Gifts are supposed to be for people who DESERVE them, not for being egocentric narcissists!!

When I was in the hospital in December of 2020, I didn't have anybody to help me out. My friends who are a married couple helped me out, and they didn't have to.
He likes to cook, but doesn't have any good cookware, so I bought them a nice stainless steel set of good brand cookware for their Cmas present that year.

They both have been using them since. She even made soup in the big pot that came with the set.

I like to give stuff to people who do good, have been good, and give them what they just don't buy for themselves. They are always surprised and love what they get.
It makes them feel extra special (which they are) that somebody actaully paid attention to what they like and need.

Our kids are grown, but we have an understanding since My daughter wants to teach the bible and raise her kids Christian.

She and her husband give 3 gifts each to the kids. It is, after all, what the Savior received from the Magi.

We -- the grandparents -- get to give them the toys they want. And we do it all year long. We listen to what they want and slowly, over the course of a year, we buy things here and there. That way, we don't have some huge credit card bill due.

The kids get a good lesson
The kids get the toys they want
We get to enjoy the gift of giving.

In the end, it is the gift of giving that Jesus gave the world. It is why we enjoy and love to give.
Yep, all my kids are grown. Buying toys for grandkids now.

When I was little, you only got toys for your Bday or Cmas if you were literally good.
If I had been a fucking narcisisstic monster like these little fuktards are today, I'd have never gotten anything.

I never really wanted toys anyway. I wanted stuff I could use.........tools, a record player, clothes, animals.

Did you ever get coal for Christmas?

One year I got this toy car dashboard…

3E361ABD-FE32-469E-8AC2-8786EEEEE282.jpeg
… but no batteries. I had to make all of the sound effects myself and do all of its functions by hand.
That was the Christmas when learned to ask Santa only for toys that plug into the wall socket. 😉

Forum List

Back