Not All Court Orders Count?

Compost

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2015
Could it be that the right to marry anybody you want is greater than the right to bear arms? Wait. Don't same sex couples in DC have a right to protect themselves?

Less than a year ago, Kim Davis ignored a court order from the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky and refused to issue a marriage license to same-sex couples. She was held in contempt of court, served five days in jail, and was ruthlessly attacked in the media.

Now the office of Karl Racine, the Washington, D.C. attorney general, has ordered D.C. government employees to ignore a court order from the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. The order by the D.C. District Court Judge Richard Leon was to stop denying individuals applying for a concealed-carry permit from requiring a “good reason,” and to immediately update the forms to no longer require that.
more here
D.C. Atty General Ignores Court Order, Refuses Gun Permits

Your own link disproves your point.
Illuminate me.
The update at the end of the article. The article is about how the author supposedly can't get a license for some vague reason that he nor the police officers who supposedly denied him ever identify. Then an update was added saying there was no such order and that the guy should be able to get a license.

The author is either incompetent or seeking attention. He should be able to get a license without any issue.

Illuminate me.
The update at the end of the article. The article is about how the author supposedly can't get a license for some vague reason that he nor the police officers who supposedly denied him ever identify. Then an update was added saying there was no such order and that the guy should be able to get a license.

The author is either incompetent or seeking attention. He should be able to get a license without any issue.
I'm delighted that you read the entire article Old School. Here's the thing. The police were ORDERED to deny gun permit applications. The writer had to return to reapply after being denied an application. No big deal, right? Just a little inconvenience! The guy's just looking for attention.

Yet in the matter of Kim Davis when couples applying for marriage licenses were inconvenienced, Davis went to jail. The couples had to return and then got their applications. There was wholesale outrage that they were denied their rights.

If you can't see the difference, I can't help that.

Illuminate me.

I'm delighted that you read the entire article Old School. Here's the thing. The police were ORDERED to deny gun permit applications. The writer had to return to reapply after being denied an application. No big deal, right? Just a little inconvenience! The guy's just looking for attention.

Yet in the matter of Kim Davis when couples applying for marriage licenses were inconvenienced, Davis went to jail. The couples had to return and then got their applications. There was wholesale outrage that they were denied their rights.

Uh, you're the one who can't seem to tell the difference. And your own link says the police were not ordered to deny anything.

The link does not support Compost's ignorant opinion.
Illuminate me.

Uh, you're the one who can't seem to tell the difference. And your own link says the police were not ordered to deny anything.
Quick! Someone call the police! This writer imagined a whole scenario! Don't let him have a gun!

Forum List

Back